Thread: INfernal affairs, Breaking News, Pushing Hands

INfernal affairs, Breaking News, Pushing Hands

Got some new flicks yesterday. Breaking News was excellent. The "concept" if you will is the media is collaberating with the police in a big choreagraphed arrest of a vicious bunch of thugs. They have a movie producer editing news footage even. But everything doesn't go so smoothly so they have to sort of give a false picture, a positive one, of what's happening. Sound familiar? So the thugs get word to the reporters that all is not as it seems. so now THEY are taking part in THEIR OWN media campaign.

Infernal affairs was more familiar HK stuff. two different moles, one a cop in a gang the other a gangster in the police force. The problem with this one was the subtitles were super small!! Great movie though.

I'm about halfway through Ang Lee's "Pushing hands" Hey, I just got these yesterday. So far there is a good scene of him teaching a tai chi class. He pushes a big fat student across the room into a bunch of people he is sort of mad at. It's ang lee, you know. Very Cannes-ey. But excellent so far.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Infernal Affairs was great, subtitles were fine for me. If you liked that movie i suggest you check out Jiang Hu, got exactly the same actors but different characters and story.

BTW, i read in a MA mag that hollywood is thinking of remaking infernal affairs with brad pitt and leonardo de caprio.

BTW, i read in a MA mag that hollywood is thinking of remaking infernal affairs with brad pitt and leonardo de caprio.
    Is it too early to begin the uncontrollable vomiting?
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Originally posted by Tak
    Is it too early to begin the uncontrollable vomiting?
    I think they would fit the roles pretty well. Brad and Leonardo are to hollywood as Tony leung and Andy Lau are to Hong kong movies.

ttt 4 2017

I'm surprised to find that we actually do have an Infernal Affairs thread.

For the record, I enjoyed both Infernal Affairs and the Departed. Sure, one was based on the other so the overall story arc was the same, but they are such different films. It reminds me of The Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven, different interpretations, but both very satisfying (still haven't seen the new M7 but it's in the queue). And this will likely be even more different.

Hong Kong Cult Movie 'Infernal Affairs' to Get Indian Remake
    9:34 AM PDT 9/25/2017 by Nyay Bhushan

Photofest
    'Infernal Affairs'

The film is part of a two-picture deal between Warner Bros. and Indian banner Azure.

Andrew Lau’s Hong Kong gangster film Infernal Affairs is set for an Indian remake. Warner Bros. India and Mumbai-based banner Azure Entertainment said Monday that the Hindi-language remake is part of a two-picture deal between the companies to jointly develop, produce and distribute key titles from the Warner library for the Indian local film market. A second remake title will be announced at a later stage.

Lau's 2002 film spawned Martin Scorsese’s award-winning 2006 title The Departed, which starred Leonardo DiCaprio and Jack Nicholson.

“We are looking for a director for the Infernal Affairs remake,” Azure Entertainment CEO Sunir Kheterpal told THR. “We will set the film in contemporary times since the original was set in 2002. And of course, the setting will be in India, compared to the earlier two films which were respectively set in Hong Kong and Boston.”

“We could not have chosen a better title than Infernal Affairs to announce this collaboration,” Warner Bros. India vp Denzel Dias said in a statement. “We look forward to bringing great new Indian language films to local and global audiences.”

Azure’s slate has included remakes of other foreign titles such as Korean thriller The Man From Nowhere. The Bollywood version was titled Rocky Handsome, starring John Abraham and directed by Nishikant Kamat.

The banner’s current development slate includes planned remakes of Spanish titles The Body from Rodar y Rodar and Atresmedia’s The Invisible Guest. Also in the works are remakes of French titles including a three-picture deal with Gaumont and Quad Group’s Heartbreaker. Azure also has rights to Sophie Kinsella’s bestseller, Can You Keep A Secret? and Indian author Sushant Singh’s military novel Mission Overseas.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart