Thread: Book Review Request

Blog Entries

Book Review Request

Hi Guys,

I have just published my 5th book, and decided this time around I would distribute it myself (mostly because I did not want to give up control over content or artwork). Strictly speaking, it isn't a kung-fu book, but it has a pretty good section about kung-fu in it. Some of you might remember me from years ago. I wrote the first book on White Crane, the first book on Hop-Gar, the first book on the Chang Chuan wushu compulsory routine from China, and a bunch of other stuff about different styles. I was the first to publish anything about wushu, and presented the Beijing Wushu Team when they first came over from China (including a very young Jet Li). There is a thread on this forum called Whatever Happened to Michael P. Staples (that's me), I have posted a few thought to.

Anyway, I am looking for a few of you who might be interested in writing a review for my new book, "Focusing Emptiness, a mytho-poetic journey to the lost child." What would be helpful, since this book is primarily aimed at the psychology crowd, is for a few martial artist to write reviews about the Kung-Fu section in the book (I mean, you can write about whatever you want... but it would be helpful to let people know there is such a section in the book, because you wouldn't guess that from the Title).

Particular interests are: White Crane Kung-Fu, Hop-Gar Kung-Fu, Wushu, and general Kung-Fu.

I have a ten person limit. If you send me an email to mpstaples@gmail.com, I'll send you a free copy of the book.

Michael

Our latest sweepstakes!

Enter to win KungFuMagazine.com's contest for Focusing Emptiness Autographed by author Michael P. Staples, plus a rare Beijing Wushu photo print by the author! Contest ends 5:30 p.m. PST on 1/5/2017.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Greetings,

I responded to Mr Staples' initial post and received nothing. I will not go through that twice.

mickey

Our winners are announced!

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart