Thread: The Martial Man

The Martial Man

The show follows Kieren Krygier traveling the far east exploring different martial arts and learning the secret skills and knowledge of the Grandmasters.

Each episode will investigate different aspects of each martial art by interviewing the masters and allowing them to demonstrate their style and skills on film. This will give the viewers a great insight into the martial arts world, and a front row seat to learn directly from the masters.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9...ycRwSPw1W3MdCQ
    It's good stuff. So far he has interviewed:
    Sifu Ng Si Kay of Chow Gar Mantis
    Sifu Sergio of Wing Chun
    Sifu Koay Ah Kean and Sifu Ong Ming Thong of Southern Shaolin

Thank you for the heads up !

I liked what Sergio had to offer. Lends credence to the disdained John Allen's assertion Wing Chun is a hard style. Something I myself concluded based soley on visual. 20 years ago I also noticed a huge similarity to old methods of boxing as that was when I began looking into old methods of boxing. Sergio goes into why that may be so. He compares the modern versions with boxing. In effect , they both use similar power bases relying mainly on brute strength to achieve results. Don't mistake that for lacking in technique. Or that everything is brute strength in application. A parry for example is low levels of force but is it still using a muscular energy to create the desired effect ? Just different energy systems or engines as he call it. Is essence tension versus relaxation. Bone alignment "poles " or spaghetti arms. Etc. Of course that does not mean there is no alignments. Certainly both and all methods will have another methods as part of the synergy of the whole to more or less degrees.

Im sure he will **** off loads of people. Renegades generally do. And if not killed, and some times even if killed. Create change. Make people think.

Thanks Cataphract .