Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-Pugilistic Wing Chun

Non-Pugilistic Wing Chun

Last edited by PalmStriker; 12-14-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks! Good examples of some the major differences I was pointing out on the Tang Yik pole thread.

I was curious to see if there were any good Ip Chun pole demo vids online and found them.

Knives Set from my own lineage : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GMB34BaCvk

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Knives Set from my own lineage : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GMB34BaCvk
    Cool...Thx for posting!

Some online research about the disappearance of the Bagua Zhang stepping and Millhouse grinding palmstrike in the Leung Jan Wing Chun Lineage practice : https://books.google.com/books?id=c0...20palm&f=false
    what makes you think it was LJ?

Hey, TDO ! Thanks for asking as to the Bagua Zhang Millhouse palm strike contained in the Lueng Jan Lineage. As it would have been a few years ago since I posted on this thread and have stopped doing any WingChun research over a year ago I do remember the millhouse plam strike being mentioned in literature in reference to Master Leung Jan. However, It seems like a long shot that the technique would be anything like the form technique used in the circle walking/ stepping art of Bagua Zhang. I have deleted that post as well as a few others in this thread where content access is no longer available. Please forgive the confusion.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 07-20-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Hey, TDO ! Thanks for asking as to the Bagua Zhang Millhouse palm strike contained in the Lueng Jan Lineage. As it would have been a few years ago since I posted on this thread and have stopped doing any WingChun research over a year ago I do remember the millhouse plam strike being mentioned in literature in reference to Master Leung Jan. However, It seems like a long shot that the technique would be anything like the form technique used in the circle walking/ stepping art of Bagua Zhang. I have deleted that post as well as a few others in this thread where content access is no longer available. Please forgive the confusion.
    no worries.. thought you may have found it in a non LJ line.. it seems to me the circle walking is there.. just all jumbled up lol.

ive always wanted to learn the circle walking just to see ")

Hey, TDO ! Nope, never heard of the use of the Millhouse palm-strike anywhere else but incorporated into the BaguaZhang style, my thoughts at the time leaned heavily towards thinking that the only thing in common between the two completely different styles was the name of the technique only. In my lineage there was the "red sand palm" fhat was taught to Yuen Kay San by one of his masters. It is questionable now-a-days if anyone practices to perfection this technique or the use of throwing darts that were signature to this lineage of WingChun.

Hey, TDO ! Nope, never heard of the use of the Millhouse palm-strike anywhere else but incorporated into the BaguaZhang style, my thoughts at the time leaned heavily towards thinking that the only thing in common between the two completely different styles was the name of the technique only
    ah.. i should point out that i dont think they are related. just that if you put all the steps together.. or a better way of, maybe, thinking about is if you were to deconstruct the circle walking and adapt it to.. say, a boat you could end up with the footwork in wing chin, far fetched I know. haha

no doubt if I tried walking the circle that thought would be wiped out my mind lol

hadn't heard of red sand palm Before, so I had to look it up there... do you practice iron palm or the darts?