Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Defenders

Spoiler alert

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Iron Fist.
    It pains me to watch him fight. Physical and Emotional pain.
    That pain is real. It gets worse. I'm almost accepting Finn as an entitled brat, but I'm with ya s_r, the fighting is a deal breaker.

The article below is a spoiler, but it's early in the series. And y'all must've seen this coming.

Actually, there are several spoilers. Don't read any further if you hate spoilers.

AUGUST 23, 2017 9:00am PT by Josh Wigler
    'The Defenders': Elodie Yung on Elektra's Shocking Comeback

Courtesy of Netflix
    'The Defenders'

The 'Daredevil' star talks about embracing the darker side of Elektra on the Marvel series.
    [Warning: This story contains full spoilers for Marvel's The Defenders.]

The Hand has been after the Black Sky ever since Marvel and Netflix launched their partnership with Daredevil, and the ancient organization finally got their wish in the form of Elektra Natchios (Elodie Yung). But it's as the old saying goes: Be careful what you wish for.

Over the course of Marvel's The Defenders, Elektra evolves from a singularly focused killing machine into an even deadlier version of the assassin who fell in love with Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox), the Devil of Hell's Kitchen. In the sixth episode of the event series, Elektra makes her independence known through two brutal acts: first killing Stick (Scott Glenn), the man who raised her like a daughter for much of her life, and later killing Alexandra (Sigourney Weaver), the woman who raised her from the dead. From there, Elektra wields her role as the prophesied leader of the Hand in unexpected ways, pursuing the secrets to immortality as a means of staying alive forever with her precious "Matthew."

At the end of the series, the world believes both Matt and Elektra are dead, crushed underneath the destroyed Midland Circle tower. But the final scene of the series reveals that Matt is still alive, healing his wounds in some unknown location. So what about Elektra? She already cheated death once. Is it possible that she's been born again, again? For more on that possibility and the rest of her arc over the course of the series, The Hollywood Reporter turned to Yung.

How much did you know about what was in store for Elektra on The Defenders when you wrapped the second season of Daredevil?

Not much, not when we wrapped. Pretty soon after, I knew that I was going to be a part of The Defenders, and I wasn't surprised. They're very secretive and they never want to tell you anything, but I knew pretty soon that she was going to do everything she ended up doing.

What was your reaction when you learned Elektra would emerge as the primary antagonist of the story, rather than just operating as an instrument of the Hand?

It just made sense to me. Elektra is quite a free spirit. That's kind of her quest. She has to gain this aspect back over the course of the series. She's brought back to life by Alexandra, and then she kills her. She kills her dad, she kills Stick. She makes the Hand work for her. But what she really wants is to be with Matthew.

When we reach these final two episodes, how much is this the Elektra we used to know versus the Black Sky she was destined to become?

I think she's Elektra. She says it. "My name is Elektra Natchios, and you guys are going to work for me." To me, she is Elektra. She's back. But she has maybe new abilities. I'm not sure exactly how being brought back to life changed her. Is she completely human? Is she not? Can she die? I don't know anything like that. It's still obscure to me. My understanding, and the way I played her, is that it just kicked in: "I know who I am, and don't mess with Matthew." She uses them to get to her goal, which is 1) being free, and 2) being with Matthew. She wants to be with him forever, in a very weird and romantic way.

You see that as her ultimate goal — Elektra doesn't want to find the substance purely for her own immortality, but also for Matthew's immortality?

I think so. She says it to him in the way she says, "This is what living feels like." I think she wants to share that with him. It's like Romeo and Juliet. Let's die together and maybe live forever, or let's die together and you'll finally see what living feels like. It's what I'm feeling right now. I was dead, and now maybe you can live forever with me. This is what I understand. I thought it was quite beautiful and romantic.

How shocked were you when you read the end of episode six, in which Elektra kills Alexandra? What was your reaction when you learned you would be killing a character played by the legendary Sigourney Weaver?

I knew all of that from the start. I knew the arc. I knew everything. So from day one, I could not wait to kill her character. (Laughs.) And she couldn't wait to be killed by me! We were like two kids. "Yay, we get to do this scene!" It was very fun. It was really good. The camera was right in front of her, and I was hiding behind her, then poof! We had to do it a few times. She was falling on the floor, and the blood was just flowing. We really enjoyed that moment. It's a big twist in the story. I think it surprised the audience. We both enjoyed it a lot.

Alexandra doesn't live long enough to wallow in the betrayal, but she viewed Elektra as a daughter of sorts. Does Elektra have any fondness toward Alexandra at all, or not really?

It's a good question. I'll leave it to people's interpretations. What I enjoyed was being ambiguous the whole time. Hopefully people think sometimes that she was considering her as a mother, but maybe she was playing her. Maybe she was giving her the attention she wanted. Maybe she's just playing the daughter to the mother because she knew she had no other options. I wanted to leave it to the audience. Up to this point, anything can be imagined about this relationship. Maybe Elektra from day one knew: "Okay, my name is Elektra, I know who I am, but where the heck am I? Who is this person?" Maybe she's observing. Or maybe she really doesn't remember who she is, and then she suddenly comes back on the day she kills Alexandra. I wanted to leave it open. I know what I played, but I think you can imagine anything.
    continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

continued from previous post

Courtesy of Netflix

How about in terms of killing Stick? This man was her father figure for so long. Was there any emotion to it?

There was not. Elektra is kind of a sociopath. Maybe she just wanted to cut the ties. She just wanted to be free above anything. On the day, I didn't play it as, "Oh, it's hard for me." No. I just killed the guy. She wants to be by herself. She's a free spirit. She's always been. And then she got caught in this war. I think what she wants most is to be free and with Matthew.

Whatever else she is, Elektra does not seem like the type of person who would respond well to being used as an instrument in some larger plan, or being told that she has a destiny that's not of her own choosing.

No. Screw that. Not at all. Not into that at all. (Laughs.) She says that in Daredevil, when they tell her that she's the Black Sky. They use the pronoun "it," and she says, "Call me 'it' again. Call me an object again. I'll chop you in half." Something like that. That's who she is: "Don't even think of using me. I'm not your friend. I'm not your object. I'm not your daughter. I'm none of that. I'm just Elektra. Back off, and let me be."

What do you remember about filming the scenes at the start of episode three, where we see Elektra come back to life, covered in the substance? It looked pretty nasty.

They offered me not to do it, because it really was disgusting to do. But to me, it was important to be put in the sarcophagus and just have the opportunity to be born again. I wanted to go through that. So I did it! And yes, it was very sticky and warm. It was sweet, like corn syrup. It's disgusting. It goes everywhere. You do not want to do it. (Laughs.) I've done it now. If ever Elektra has to do it again, or any other part where I have to do it again, maybe I'll pass it next time. Been there! But for me, for this storyline, it was so important to feel this. To be put through a birth again. This is it. It's like an animal being born. I wanted to go through the pain of it. I'm glad. It's where she's at at the beginning. She's a brand-new person or animal at first. It was not fun to do, but it was worth doing it.

You were involved in so many fight scenes this season. Does one stick out to you as particularly memorable?

There were so many scenes. I just wanted to be on top of everything this year. I knew from day one that Elektra would be stronger than last year and I would have to have more fight scenes. To me as an actress, it was important to train a lot. The whole shoot was fine, not too hard, but it was all about constant focus and training throughout the whole thing. In every episode, she's sent to fight. The one with Charlie at the end was very epic. It took us I don't know how many days to do it. It was a long sequence and it was very hard. It was emotional, for both of us. We wanted to make it right, because this particular one wasn't just a fight for a fight. It's love and fighting. What do you feel when you have to go through this with the person you've lost and the person you've loved and still love? That one was very hard.

We don't know what happened to Elektra at the end of this show. We know Matt is alive, but no update on Elektra. Will we see her again in the future?

I hope so! I really like Elektra. It just feels unfinished. She's done all of that, and now what? Where is she? And he's alive. So I'm hoping their paths will cross again. I want to know where she lives and what she does and if she's enjoying life and all of that. (Laughs.) But I don't know what's next for her yet — or if it's the end.

There's no way that's the end.

I hope not! She's such a great female character. She's so crazy and strong and she has so many flaws. You kind of feel for her. I do feel for her. It's not easy to be who she is. There's humanity in there. It would be interesting to explore that again, especially after what just happened. But we'll have to see what Marvel will do with her. I have no clue.
    So far, I've not been into her as Elektra either, no more than I was into Jennifer Garner in the role, and I loved Alias.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

She is Ok.
    Nor sure if my issues with her as Electra are her or how the character is written here.
    Her skill is better than Garners of course but I was thinking that Carano would have been a better fit.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Saw the whole season.
    Not bad at all.
    IF is, of course, the weak link but they also wrote him that way ( for whatever reason) so I can't put the blame on Finn for that.
    It had some good moments, especially Luke and Jessica.
    The very emotional moment when a mother cries in Luke's arms that all her babies are dead ( She list bother her sons and her daughter to the life of crime in Harlem) was well done and struck a cord.
    Luke reaming Danny because he is white and rick seemed VERY forced and kind of silly, as if the writes wanted to make a "white privilege" statement ( Which is weird considering the Danny's history).
    Misty was good, Collen was alright.
    Daredevil was, IMO, the true story. His relationship with Elektra was...well I won't give too much away suffice to say I liked it and it was very much in character.
    Stick was awesome.
    The origins of The Hand was silly.

All in all it would give it a B+.

If only they could have found a young Gary Daniels, ala fist of the North Star, do to the role of Iron Fist.

So it's done?

Never got around to watching any more of this, even with sanjuro_ronin's 'Not bad at all' review. Did it end in a cliffhanger or is there good closure to Season 2? If there's decent closure, I might try giving it a go again.

Netflix Rebrands Defenders Facebook Page, Dashing Season 2 Hopes
    by Justin Carter

Netflix has quietly rebranded its Defenders Facebook page, a move viewed by some disappointed fans that a second Marvel crossover won’t be happening.

What was previously a Facebook page for updates about the 2017 miniseries was changed on Monday to NX, the social media account for Netflix’s superhero, sci-fi and fantasy offerings. Or, as the page’s administrator describes it, “This is the page where heroes — and princesses, monsters, and mechs — come together.”

Some fans expressed their displeasure with the change, leaving comments announcing their intentions to “unlike” the page, while others instead saw the apparent writing on the wall. “Well I don’t like this lol,” one wrote, “also I guess this means Defenders season 2 definitely won’t happen or else they wouldn’t change it.”

For what it’s worth, there’s still a Defenders Twitter account, at least for now — although it hasn’t updated since late June.

The Defenders brought together the heroes of what was then the four Marvel dramas — Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist — for the first time, to confront the threat posed by The Hand. The miniseries had far-reaching ramifications for that corner of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, most notably with the loss of Misty Knight’s right arm, and the apparent death of Matt Murdock (who was shown injured but alive in the final scene).

Of course, Marvel’s Head of Television Jeph Loeb had already indicated in June that a second season of The Defenders was “not in the plans right now.” However, it may have taken the loss of the show’s Facebook page for that to sink in.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Awww. I'm told Season 3 is good. Anyone watching?

‘Daredevil’ Canceled By Netflix After 3 Seasons; Future In Other Marvel Projects
    by Nellie Andreeva and Dominic Patten
    November 29, 2018 5:43pm

Netflix

EXCLUSIVE: The ax continues to fall on Marvel’s series at Netflix. Daredevil, which launched the Marvel universe on the streaming platform, has been canceled after three seasons. The move comes on the heels of Netflix canceling Iron Fist and Luke Cage last month – but Daredevil seems to have an afterlife elsewhere.

“Marvel’s Daredevil will not return for a fourth season on Netflix,” the streamer said in a statement tonight to Deadline. “We are tremendously proud of the show’s last and final season and although it’s painful for the fans, we feel it best to close this chapter on a high note.””We’re thankful to our partners at Marvel, showrunner Erik Oleson, the show’s writers, stellar crew and incredible cast including Charlie Cox as Daredevil himself, and we’re grateful to the fans who have supported the show over the years,” Netflix added just a month after the third season of the series launched on the service.

However, unlike Iron Fist or Luke Cage, the door seems to be wide open for the blind protector of NYC’s Hell’s Kitchen, perhaps on the upcoming Disney+ streaming platform.

“While the series on Netflix has ended, the three existing seasons will remain on the service for years to come, while the Daredevil character will live on in future projects for Marvel,” Netflix said also.

With The Defenders never intended to return beyond its 2017 miniseries run and Iron Fist and Luke Cage dropped, the cancellation of Daredevil so soon after its highly anticipated and acclaimed third season was released, now leaves only two Marvel series on Netflix, Jessica Jones and The Punisher.

Whether those “future” projects means Cox’s Daredevil makes an appearance with his Defenders colleague or the Jon Bernthal led vigilante series remains to be seen. A Daredevil series on the planned Disney streaming platform or another movie could be an option too, though the latter seems unlikely, we hear.

The era of Marvel TV on Netflix seems to be coming to an end at the same time Disney is revving up its own streaming service with already announced Loki and Scarlett Witch series for Disney+ coming from Marvel’s Kevin Feige led film division. For now, the upcoming new seasons of Jessica Jones and The Punisher are still currently scheduled to run on Netflix as planned, sources say.

Overall, the cancellation of the series starring Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio, who had been tweeting about a fourth season in the past few weeks, shows just how strained relations between Netflix and the Jeph Loeb run Marvel TV have become. A far cry from when their multi-series deal was first announced back in 2013 with big smiles and almost bigger plans.

The current state of affairs became painfully evident when the SVOD player abruptly pulled the plug on a third season of Luke Cage last month. One week after Iron Fist was pink slipped, that October 19 cancellation of Harlem’s Hero came after the nearly half scripts had been written for a Season 3 and a formal renewal had been considered a foregone conclusion.

The fact is times have changed on the digital landscape and Marvel shows on Netflix are costly to make, even with New York’s generous tax credits, which had an extra clause added to accommodate the series. When the initial deal with Marvel/Disney was made by Netflix five years ago, the company, desperate to gain big draw content, laid out big bucks for the series – which it never owned. Now the situation is very different, with Netflix awash in new series and returning series that it holds the keys to.

In that context, Netflix and Marvel TV have also been arguing over the season orders and that may have played a role in Daredevil’s demise, as it did Luke Cage‘s. Being part of the first wave of Netflix original series, all Marvel series have produced 13-episode seasons. But Netflix has since switched to seasons of 10 episodes and has been pressuring Marvel TV to switch to fewer episodes, which the company had been resisting.

There also have been creative issues, with a revolving door of showrunners on Marvel’s Netflix shows. There have been new showrunners for every season of Daredevil, with Iron Fist and Jessica Jones’ also undergoing a showrunner change.

BTW – No official return date for The Punisher or Jessica Jones has been made public by either Marvel or Netflix.
    I'm thinking this will all migrate to Disney+ next - Daredevil, Defenders, the whole lot (maybe - hopefully - NOT Danny Rand )
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Disney+

Time to start a Disney+ thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I'm thinking this will all migrate to Disney+ next - Daredevil, Defenders, the whole lot (maybe - hopefully - NOT Danny Rand )

Opinion
    THE DAREDEVIL-VERSE LOOKS TO BE THE UNFORTUNATE CASUALTY OF DISNEY’S LARGER STREAMING AMBITIONS
    Contributed by Trent Moore
    @trentlmoore
    Nov 30, 2018

First, we said goodbye to Iron Fist. Then a few weeks later, Luke Cage left the mean streets of Harlem. Now, the OG Marvel Netflix series is officially gone, as Netflix has announced there are no plans for a fourth season of hallway fights on Daredevil. As Disney prepares to launch its own full-scale streaming service, Disney+, the studio’s six former flagship series on Netflix look to be caught in the middle — and they’re quickly dropping like flies.

It’s easy to forget that just a few years ago, these were some of the buzziest comic projects to ever hit the small screen. Marvel and Netflix announced plans for the ambitious Marvel's The Defenders co-production in late 2013, with Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones on tap alongside the crossover miniseries. Five years later, and only The Punisher (a Daredevil spinoff) and Jessica Jones are still standing. Both of the remaining series have one season in the can and are still awaiting premiere dates, but judging by the massacre we’ve seen up to this point, those will likely be the final seasons we see of those heroes, too (if we see them at all).

It’s a shame, as every one of these shows pushed the boundaries for what you could do in the comic book genre. Luke Cage told a grounded story about what it’s like to be black in America, from the perspective of a bulletproof hero; Daredevil was the story of a damaged man trying to reconcile his faith with his mission; and Iron Fist found its footing in its second season, and actually gifted Colleen Wing with the glowing punch of power. If Netflix eventually pulls the plug on Jessica Jones, too, it’ll take away one of the few headlining female heroes on both the big and small screens.

Netflix and Marvel used these street-level heroes to tell smaller-scale stories that stood in stark contrast to the world-ending stakes we’d seen up to that point in films such as Iron Man and Thor. These folks weren’t fighting to save the world — they were fighting to save their neighborhoods. And those fights? They had consequences. Daredevil nursed bruises the morning after, while Jessica Jones often nursed a hangover.

If the Avengers were saving the world, the Defenders were actually living in it. People noticed, too, as pretty much every series (the atrocious first season of Iron Fist notwithstanding) typically received solid reviews and critical acclaim.

Despite all that, the landscape has changed considerably since Marvel and Netflix joined hands on stage to announce what was (at the time) one of the most ambitious undertakings in TV history.

Credit: Netflix

Disney has spent the past few years laying the foundation for its own streaming service that is set to leverage its massive content and IP library to directly compete with Netflix — which makes any deal between the two companies a whole lot more awkward than it was just a few years prior. Given the option of keeping everything in-house (most notably the profits), or sharing it with another service, the answer is obvious for Disney. It’s the reason all those superhero movies will be leaving Netflix for Disney+ once it launches, and why Disney is ramping up its own slate of original series — including everything from Star Wars to Pixar shows — to anchor Disney+.

Disney+ will also feature more than a few Marvel Studios originals, which looks to be where things started to come apart for Daredevil and his fellow heroes.

With Disney looking to differentiate its own streaming service from what has come before, the House of Mouse is going way bigger than street-level heroes. Shows based on film characters such as Loki, Scarlet Witch, and the Winter Soldier and Falcon are all in development, which makes it pretty clear the offerings of Disney+ are meant to be on the same level as the MCU flicks that dominate the box office. Strategically, it’s a smart move for Disney; Disney+ is supposed to be something bigger and better than what fans have seen before. It’s also great for fans, as they'll get bigger stories in a new way. That’s not a bad thing, inherently.

But it also seems to be skipping past what has come before, including all the great things fans loved about the Daredevil-verse. Disney may want to go movie-level with its new shows, but that seems to be coming at the price of the street-level stories fans still want to see, too.

Could Disney bring Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist over to Disney+ with new seasons and new shows or TV movies? It’s certainly possible, though early reports note it’s not all that likely — at least not now. Disney is, understandably, trying to look forward as it launches a new service. To complicate things, Netflix has the rights to those original seasons, so any potential revival on Disney+ would not feature the back catalog of episodes unless the two streaming services come to an agreement. And with Disney looking to consolidate everything under one roof, splitting focus would defeat the purpose. Everything we’ve seen implies Disney wants new shows, new projects, new buzz.

Marvel is going big with Disney+, but perhaps at the cost of the small stories fans have fallen in love with.

It doesn’t mean Marvel won’t still use those characters somewhere eventually, though. Who knows? There could be a new Marvel show at Disney+ down the line bringing some of those characters back, or even some super-cameos in the upcoming two seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Not to mention Marvel shows such as Runaways at Hulu (which Disney owns a stake in) and Cloak and Dagger at Freeform (which Disney owns) could also get in on the action.

There are plenty of options, but at least for now, these characters and shows don’t seem to be a major piece of Disney’s puzzle.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

2 year non-appearance clause

Actually, two years isn't that long for Disney+, especially considering the rest of the line-up they've got queued. 2020 may be just about right.

DECEMBER 12, 2018 1:45PM PT
    Don’t Expect ‘The Defenders’ on Disney Streaming Service Any Time Soon (EXCLUSIVE)
    By JOE OTTERSON
    Joe Otterson
    TV Reporter
    @JoeOtterson

CREDIT: NETFLIX
    Fans of the Marvel Television series recently canceled by Netflix who hope to see the shows revived on Disney+ may be out of luck.

Sources tell Variety that the deal for the original four Marvel shows includes a clause that prevents the characters from appearing in any non-Netflix series or film for at least two years after cancellation. That means that “Daredevil,” “Luke Cage,” and “Iron Fist” — which were all canceled this year at Netflix — could not come to the Disney streaming service until 2020 at the earliest.

The chances of the shows returning either on their own or as a new installment of “The Defenders” is definitely a long shot, given the time frame. And even if they did go to Disney+ as soon as possible, they would be doing so without “Jessica Jones,” which is set to air its third season on Netflix sometime in 2019. If that show is canceled, which now seems likely but is by no means a guarantee, it could not go elsewhere until 2021.

Marvel and Netflix declined to comment.

Then there is “The Punisher,” a Marvel-Netflix show that was not part of the deal that spawned “The Defenders.” “The Punisher” stars Jon Bernthal, who first played the gun-toting vigilante in “Daredevil” Season 2 before the character was spun off into his own show. It was revealed on Wednesday that the second season of “The Punisher” will debut in January. Given that “The Punisher” did not fall under the original deal, the show’s fate beyond Season 2 is unknown at this time.

Fans of the Marvel shows were shocked when Netflix began canceling them, particularly “Daredevil,” which drew strong critical praise for its third season. The streaming giant and the comic book-based entertainment studio had signed the deal to produce the four shows back in November 2013, with “Daredevil” being the first to premiere in April 2015.

The deal called for the development of four original live-action series, which would then culminate in the miniseries event “The Defenders,” which ended up airing in 2017. However, Disney announced its plans for Disney+ in 2017, with the intent being to make it a hub for everything under the Disney umbrella, which includes Marvel.

The soon-to-be-streaming giant has already lined up several original shows, including limited series centered on the Marvel Cinematic Universe characters Loki, Scarlet Witch, and Falcon and the Winter Solider. Disney+ will also be home to the live-action “Star Wars” shows “The Mandalorian” starring Pedro Pascal and a Cassian Andor series, with Diego Luna reprising his role from “Rogue One.”

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Called that wrong...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

blindsided - a Daredevil pun?

Marvel TV Boss Jeph Loeb on Netflix Cancellations: 'We Were Blindsided'
    BY JOSE MARTINEZ
    Jose is a contributing writer for Complex Media. @ZayMarty
    AUG 12, 2019

Image via Getty/BRYAN R. SMITH

In an interview with Deadline, Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb says the division of Marvel Entertainment was "blindsided" by Netflix canceling their properties: Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Punisher.

"The hardest part was while the situation at Netflix, which I really can’t go into other than to say that we were blindsided and the things that were to come weren’t finished yet," Loeb said. "We weren’t ready to announce that, so there was this space in between it, so it did look like maybe we were going to go out. Then suddenly, we were arising again like the Phoenix."

Back in October, Iron Fist became the first casualty, coming to an end after two seasons. The series immediately faced backlash over the main character/hero Danny Rand being seen as a white savior. Despite negative reviews, Iron Fist was renewed for a second season where it showed improvement. A lack of viewership may have ultimately led to the show's demise.

Later that month, Marvel Television and Netflix released a joint statement announcing the cancellation of Luke Cage after talks for a third season fell through. While the two sides were able to work together on an amicable announcement, canceling Luke Cage came at a time when rumors of the Disney+ streaming service spawned the belief that Marvel was pushing the buttons on the future of their Netflix shows in an effort to streamline their programming.

Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos shot down that theory, telling Inverse, "Those shows are for us to cancel, and we’re super happy with their performance so far." Sarandos' vote of confidence was short-lived when the streaming service announced yet another cancellation one month later. This time, Daredevil got the ax. Unlike previous cancellation announcements, Netflix was the only one to provide a statement.

In February, The Punisher and Jessica Jones, the two remaining shows on Netflix, were canceled, marking the end of their relationship with Marvel. "We are grateful to Marvel for five years of our fruitful partnership and thank the passionate fans who have followed these series from the beginning," the company said in a statement.

Read the rest of Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb's interview here.
    I considered copying this across all the other threads - DareDevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist - but it's so after-the-fact now.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips