Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Demi Lovato

Bummer

As most of you know, I moonlight in the music industry. The SAP Center is one of the few local houses that I don't work for, so I'd have to buy a ticket, which I'm not going to do. Plus I'm already booked for Feb 28.

TOUR DATES
    NOV 15
    PARIS, FRANCE
    FAUST

NOV 15
    PARIS, FRANCE
    FAUST

NOV 30
    SAN JOSE, CA, USA
    SAP Center at San Jose

DEC 1
    INGLEWOOD, CA, USA
    The Forum

DEC 13
    CHICAGO, IL, USA
    Allstate Arena

DEC 15
    ATLANTA, GA, USA
    Philips Arena

DEC 17
    SUNRISE, FL, USA
    BB&T Center

FEB 26
    SAN DIEGO, CA, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Viejas Arena

FEB 28
    SAN JOSE, CA, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ SAP Center

MAR 2
    INGLEWOOD, CA, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ The Forum

MAR 3
    LAS VEGAS, NV, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ MGM Grand Garden Arena

MAR 4
    PHOENIX, AZ, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Talking Stick Resort Arena

MAR 7
    DALLAS, TX, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ American Airlines Center

MAR 9
    ROSEMONT, IL, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Allstate Arena

MAR 10
    MINNEAPOLIS, MN, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Target Center

MAR 13
    DETROIT, MI, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Little Caesars Arena

MAR 14
    COLUMBUS, OH, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Schottenstein Center

MAR 16
    BROOKLYN, NY, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Barclays Center

MAR 17
    MONTREAL, CANADA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Bell Centre

MAR 19
    TORONTO, CANADA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Air Canada Centre

MAR 21
    NEWARK, NJ, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Prudential Center

MAR 23
    PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Wells Fargo Center

MAR 24
    WASHINGTON, DC, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Capital One Arena

MAR 26
    BOSTON, MA, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ TD Garden

MAR 28
    NASHVILLE, TN, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Bridgestone Arena

MAR 30
    MIAMI, FL, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ American Airlines Arena

MAR 31
    TAMPA, FL, USA
    Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled @ Amalie Arena
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Demi Lovato & Danica Roem Talk Bullying at 2017 AMAs | E! Live from the Red Carpet

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

A fluff piece from LA Times

Nevertheless, whenever Demi promotes martial arts, that's a good thing.

6 ways singer Demi Lovato stays motivated — even on the road
    By KAVITA DASWANI
    JUN 08, 2018 | 5:00 AM

Singer Demi Lovato is committed to staying fit, even on the road. (Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)

Demi Lovato hadn’t worked out in a week and was beginning to feel it.

“I don’t know how but I injured my neck during a show so haven’t been able to exercise,” the singer-songwriter said on a recent afternoon. “Working out is a type of meditation for me, so I get a little stir crazy without it.”

Lovato, 25, was nestled on the couch in the top floor of her West Hollywood house, sipping a cup of tea formulated with licorice root and slippery elm bark, her go-to for keeping her throat soothed. In a few hours, she was heading back onstage as part of a worldwide concert tour that will take her through South America and Europe.

The performer has been all over social media of late slamming what she describes as “diet culture.” Instead, she tells her legion of followers to do what works for them, and to reject expectations of what a “perfect” body looks like.

“Society has been obsessed with dieting for a long time now,” she said. “I’m just focused on being happy and healthy in my own way.”

In addition to touring, Lovato is creating collections for athletic wear brand Fabletics, which is co-founded by actress Kate Hudson. And Lovato recently came on board Ember — an app-controlled drinking mug (because there’s an app for everything) — that keeps beverages at a consistent temperature for hours, and which Lovato keeps close by on stage because “I need hot tea to sing.”

Here, Lovato talks about staying motivated, eating clean and the compelling lure of jiujitsu martial arts:

1. Start somewhere

Everybody has to be at a point in their lives where they are ready. I hit a point where I wasn’t happy with my body and I realized I wasn’t doing anything about it. I hit a wall, was getting sick all the time and really needed to make some changes in my life. Now I’m at peace with my body because I work out six days a week. If my body doesn’t look the way I want it to look, or held to society’s standards, at least I know I’m doing everything I can.

2. Keep at it

You need to push through those first couple of weeks and your body and mind adapt. You start gaining energy rather than feeling tired from it. You just have to get past the threshold. Once you do that, it becomes easier. If you take time off, it becomes hard again. So stay with it. It helps to find something you love to do. If you like dance, take Zumba. If you don’t like running, don’t run and find something else.

3. The power of mixed martial arts

I never considered myself a sporty person until I got into MMA. In school, instead of sports, I did beauty pageants and sang in the choir. I work with different trainers at the same gym so I switch out between boxing to Muay Thai [a combat sport] to jiujitsu. When I have days off I’ll go two hours, an hour for strength and conditioning and an hour of boxing or whatever. I like to get it out of the way in the morning and not worry about it the rest of the day.

4. More women should try it

It’s intimidating for some people, but the sport of MMA is growing so much. The more women try it, the better it is for their self-esteem, their confidence and their ability to defend themselves in all types of situations.

5. Taking it on the road

On tour, we choose our hotels based on two things — security, and the gym. The trainer takes everything I need, resistance bands, boxing gear, shin guards, all of it. Before, if I had time while on tour, I’d sleep. Now, I work out first.

6. When I indulge…

Dark chocolate is usually my go-to when I have a sweet tooth. And I love RX bars because they have such simple ingredients. I always carry some, especially on the road.

Health@latimes.com
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

possible overdose

Demi Lovato "Awake" After Being Hospitalized for Possible Overdose
    1:12 PM PDT 7/24/2018 by Ryan Parker

Steve Granitz/WireImage
    Demi Lovato

Authorities were called on Tuesday to a home in the Hollywood Hills.

Demi Lovato is "awake and with her family" after being hospitalized on Tuesday, her representative said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.

"Demi is awake and with her family who want to express thanks to everyone for the love, prayers and support," her representative said in the statement. "Some of the information being reported is incorrect and they respectfully ask for privacy and not speculation as her health and recovery is the most important thing right now."

Los Angeles police said earlier on Tuesday that they responded to a call at 11:39 a.m. to a home on the 8000 block of Laurel View Drive in the Hollywood Hills for a female victim of a possible overdose. Lovato's home is on that block.

Los Angeles police department spokesman Raymond Brown declined to name the individual who was transported to a local hospital. However, TMZ, citing an unnamed law enforcement source, reported that the victim was Lovato, who suffered an apparent overdose.

Later on Tuesday, People, citing an unnamed source, reported that Lovato was "okay & stable."

Also on Tuesday, Fox announced that a Tuesday episode of Beat Shazam featuring Lovato as a guest appearance would be replaced with another new episode. "Our thoughts go out to Demi and her family," the statement read. The episode featuring Lovato was originally filmed in December.

Lovato released a song this summer called "Sober," in which she details experience with withdrawal and possibly relapsing.

In a YouTube documentary about the singer that debuted last fall called Simply Complicated, Lovato opened up about her past drug use, which began when she was 17.

"I felt out of control the first time I did it," she said. "My dad was an addict and an alcoholic. Guess I always searched for what he found in drugs and alcohol because it fulfilled him and he chose that over a family.”

YouTube announced in May that it has plans for another show with Lovato in which she "pays it forward" to some of her fans.

Lovato went to rehab for the first time in 2010. "I wasn't ready to get sober. I was sneaking it on planes, sneaking it in bathrooms, sneaking it throughout the night," she said in the documentary.

Katie Kilkenny contributed to this report.

July 24, 2:41 p.m. Updated with People report.
    July 24, 3:04 p.m. Updated with Fox statement.
    addiction is horrible
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

HOME MUSIC NEWS JULY 30, 2018 4:07PM PT
    Demi Lovato Still Hospitalized, Reportedly Suffering ‘Complications’ From Overdose

By TARA BITRAN @tarabitran

CREDIT: MATT BARON/REX/SHUTTERSTOCK

Demi Lovato is still hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles six days after a suspected drug overdose, a source confirmed to Variety.

The “Tell Me You Love Me” singer is reportedly suffering complications from the overdose, including extreme nausea and a high fever, TMZ reports.

While doctors have not decided when Lovato can be released from the hospital, “she is under the care of medical experts and is expected to make a full recovery,” a source told TMZ.

Lovato was found unconscious following an overdose last Tuesday. She was reportedly treated with Narcan — a medication designed to rapidly reverse opioid overdose — before being rushed to a local hospital.

“Demi is awake and with her family who want to express thanks to everyone for the love, prayers, and support,” Lovato’s rep told Variety last week. “Some of the information being reported is incorrect and they respectfully ask for privacy and not speculation as her health and recovery is the most important thing right now.”

Lovato has struggled with substance abuse for years. She revealed in June in her single “Sober” — off of her sixth album, “Tell Me You Love Me” — that she had relapsed just months after celebrating six years of sobriety.
    I've volunteered working in drug intervention for over 3 decades now. Unless you've been there, you have no idea what the darkness brings. If it wasn't for my martial practice, I might have suffered a similar fate.

Demi sang it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I Will Keep Fighting

Demi Lovato Speaks Out for the First Time After Reported Overdose: 'I Will Keep Fighting'
    8/5/2018 by Ashley Iasimone

Demi Lovato has spoken for the first time since her recent hospitalization for an apparent drug overdose.

The singer posted an emotional note on Instagram Sunday (Aug. 5), continuing her penchant for being candid with her fans about her personal struggles. The update is the first to come directly from Lovato since reportedly receiving medical care in her Hollywood Hills home on July 24.

"I have always been transparent about my journey with addiction," she began. "What I've learned is that this illness is not something that disappears or fades with time. It is something I must continue to overcome and have not done yet."

Lovato continued: "I want to thank God for keeping me alive and well. To my fans, I am forever grateful for all of your love and support throughout this past week and beyond. Your positive thoughts and prayers have helped me navigate through this difficult time."

"I want to thank my family, my team, and the staff at Cedars-Sinai who have been by my side this entire time. Without them I wouldn't be here writing this letter to all of you," she said.

"I now need time to heal and focus on my sobriety and road to recovery. The love you have all shown me will never be forgotten and I look forward to the day where I can say I came out on the other side. I will keep fighting."

In June, just a month before her alleged overdose, Lovato released the honest ballad "Sober," in which she sings, "Momma, I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore. Daddy, please forgive me for the spilled drinks on the floor. The ones who never left me, we've been down this road before. I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore."

See her Instagram post below.

Fight on Demi.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

fentanyl...

DEMI LOVATO SMILING, HAPPY DURING REHAB OUTING
    9/23/2018 1:21 PM PDT
    Demi Lovato Seen Out in Public During Rehab Break 2 Months After Overdose

EXCLUSIVE

Demi Lovato looked relaxed and happy Sunday as she exercised her day pass from her rehab facility ... nearly 2 months to the day after her near-fatal overdose.

The "Sober" singer was seen out in public Sunday morning near the rehab facility, where she's been since relocating from her East Coast facility. She was chatting up a lady with a cute pup, coffee in hand ... and a big grin on her face. From outward appearances ... Demi looks like she's doing great.

The morning outing comes just one day before the two-month mark of her OD. We broke the story ... Demi suffered an OD July 24 at her Hollywood Hills home, where her drug dealer supplied her with "aftermarket pills" that appeared to be laced with fentanyl.

Like we told you ... Demi's been seen in town lately with Wilmer Valderrama, who has been by her side since she was hospitalized. A source connected to Demi tells us the exes have not reignited their relationship -- it's all about friendship.
    She needs to get back into training. Just my 2 cents...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

90 days

Demi Lovato Is 90 Days Sober, Her Mother Says
    10/27/2018 by Ashley Iasimone

mpi99/MediaPunch/IPX
    Demi Lovato attends the Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2017 on Feb. 26, 2017 in Beverly Hills, Calif.

Demi Lovato has reached 90 days of sobriety, according her mother, Dianna De La Garza.

"She has 90 days," she confirmed in an interview on Maria Menounos‘ Sirius XM show Friday (Oct. 26). "I couldn't be more thankful or more proud of her because addiction being a disease, it's work. It's very hard. It's not easy, and there are no shortcuts."

The singer has been in rehab since being hospitalized for an apparent drug overdose in July.

Her mother admitted she "can't really say for sure" what led to her daughter's relapse.

"I knew that she wasn't sober," De La Garza said of Lovato, who apologized for no longer being sober in her ballad "Sober," released in June. "I didn't know what she was doing because she doesn't live with me and she's 26."

De La Garza recounted the moment she found out about Lovato's overdose, saying that text messages alerted her that something had happened. "The one text message that clued me in on what was going on said, 'I just saw on TMZ and I'm so sorry,'" she said. "Before I could get to TMZ, I got the phone call from her assistant and she said, 'We're at the hospital.' So then I knew, OK, she's not gone. She's here. And I said, 'What's going on?' And the words that I heard are just a nightmare for any parent: 'Demi overdosed.'"

In August, Lovato shared an emotional message on social media about overcoming addiction: "I now need time to heal and focus on my sobriety and road to recovery," she wrote on Instagram. "The love you have all shown me will never be forgotten and I look forward to the day where I can say I came out on the other side. I will keep fighting."

Listen to the latest interview with her mom below.
    DEMI LOVATO’S MOM DIANNA DE LA GARZA REVEALS STAR HAS BEEN SOBER FOR 90 DAYS
    I wonder if she's back in training.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

soooooo inaccurate

WHAT HAPPENED TO DEMI LOVATO? SINGER TO REVEAL DETAILS ABOUT OVERDOSE, SLAMS TABLOIDS FOR MAKING UP RUMORS
    BY MARIA VULTAGGIO ON 12/22/18 AT 10:02 AM

Sorry Not Sorry singer Demi Lovato took to Twitter Friday night to slam tabloid stories about her recovery. The vocalist had a drug overdose in July at her Los Angeles home and has remained under the radar since. Rumors about her recovery and sober companion, clothing designer Henry Levy, have spread while she keeps to herself—but the star wants the gossip about her private life to end.

“I love my fans, and hate tabloids. Don’t believe what you read. People will literally make up stuff to sell a story. Sickening,” Lovato, 26, tweeted. She didn’t reveal what tabloid story she was referring to.

“Someday I’ll tell the world what exactly happened, why it happened and what my life is like today.. but until I’m ready to share that with people please stop prying and making up **** that you know nothing about. I still need space and time to heal,” she wrote.

Singer Demi Lovato, pictured at The Forum on March 2, 2018 in Inglewood, California, promised to tell her fans about what happened during her July overdose.
    KEVIN WINTER/GETTY IMAGES

Lovato added: “Any ‘source’ out there that is willing to talk and sell stories to blogs and tabloids about my life isn’t actually a part of my life because most of the **** I see is soooooo inaccurate. So newsflash: your ‘sources’ are wrong.”

At the end of her Friday tweets, she added that she was “grateful” for her fans. "I would love to set the record straight on all the rumors out there but I literally don’t owe anyone anything so I’m not going to. All my fans need to know is I’m working hard on myself, I’m happy and clean and I’m SO grateful for their support,” Lovato wrote. “I’m so blessed I get to take this time to be with family, relax, work on my mind, body and soul and come back when I’m ready. I have my fans to thank for that. I’m so grateful, truly. I love you guys so f---ing much.”

Lovato was nominated for her second Grammy in the Best Pop Duo/Group Performance category. She teamed up with Christina Aguilera, 37, for the duet “Fall in Line,” which is on Aguilera's eighth studio record, Liberation.

“Woke up filled with hope. Dreams come true y'all... thank you @xtina. I love you so much," she tweeted after the nomination was revealed. She called Aguilera her “forever idol” and thanked her for the “opportunity” to collaborate on the song.
    Hope she can keep it together.

Keep training, Demi!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

not sorry

Fighting Fierce! Demi Lovato Knocked Out Her MMA Trainer's Tooth
    The singer managed to take out her trainer’s tooth during a practice fight
    By
    JULIE MAZZIOTTA
    March 05, 2019 05:50 PM

Demi Lovato may have some dental bills in her future!

The singer, 26, regularly works out at a mixed martial arts gym in Hollywood, and during a boxing session with her trainer, Jay Glazer, she managed to knock out one of his teeth.

“Holy s— I literally knocked @jayglazerthis link opens in a new tab’s tooth out during training this morning — while he was wearing a mouth piece!!!! Hahahahaha sorry (not sorry) Jay!!!” Lovato posted on Instagram on Tuesday.

“So coach, when’s my first fight?!” she added.

In the accompanying video, Glazer rings a bell and holds up his now-freed front tooth. With a grin, he announces to the gym, “Demi knocked my tooth out!”

ddlovato
    Verified

West Hollywood, California
    Click video for sound

ddlovato
    Holy **** I literally knocked @jayglazer’s tooth out during training this morning - while he was wearing a mouth piece!!!! Hahahahaha sorry (not sorry) Jay!!! 😂😝👊🏼 So coach, when’s my first fight?! 😝 #unbreakableperformance
    “I’m sorry!” Lovato says with a laugh.

“You’re not sorry!” he jokingly adds.

Glazer shared the video on his Instagram story and shared his (likely not dentist-approved) quick fix for his missing tooth.

“Driving to a meeting right now and I know you’re all concerned about my tooth, especially you Demi! I Krazy-Glued it back in. All good!” he said with a smile.

The “Tell Me You Love Me” singer is a blue belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and shared a post-fight selfie in December.

“Sweaty, messy jiu jitsu hair.. #BJJ #bluebelt #nevergiveup,” Lovato posted on Instagram.

And Glazer is one of her biggest supporters. After Lovato got her blue belt, the second of seven levels, in August 2017, he boasted about her on Instagram.

“I’m more proud of the work @ddlovato puts in with nobody watching than I am what she does with the world watching,” Glazer wrote. “Congrats on achieving your blue belt today in #bjj, YOU put the grind in!”

Lovato is living a quiet life after her July drug overdose. At the end of January, she celebrated six months of sobriety with cake.

“Best day ever,” she captioned an Instagram story that included a picture of the cake and her six-month sobriety medallion.

If you or someone you know is in need of help, please contact the SAMHSA substance abuse helpline at 1-800-662-HELP.
    Congrats on six months Demi!

Wait...super glue? Won't that tooth just die? ew.

I remember when someone I was training with chipped a tooth during class. He took a staff to the face. FYI you're supposed to put a broken tooth in milk to preserve it for reattachment. He's good now.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Congrats Demi

Way to rehab.

Demi Lovato Earned a New Degree in Jiu-Jitsu: 'This Means the World to Me'

The singer is now a second-degree blue belt
    By
    JULIE MAZZIOTTA
    March 21, 2019 11:45 AM

Demi Lovato is crushing it on the jiu-jitsu mat.

The 26-year-old singer shared on Wednesday that she earned a new degree in the Brazilian martial art.

“2nd degree blue belt!!!!” Lovato wrote on her Instagram story, along with a photo of her new stripe.

“This means the world to me and I couldn’t be happier,” she added in another photo. “Brazilian jiu jitsu is a passion of mine and I can’t wait to learn more and more.”

Lovato also thanked her instructor, Chris Light, who gave her a sweet note about her promotion that read: “Earned. Not given.”

“Thank you @1chrislight for teaching me so much,” she said. “I can’t believe how far I’ve come since working together. You’re a legend!!”

Demi Lovato/Instagram

Lovato’s blue belt, which she earned in August 2017, is the second of seven belt levels in the Brazilian jiu-jitsu system. Within each level, instructors can award stripes, or degrees, to honor a student’s progress and skill, according to the International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federationthis link opens in a new tab.

Ever since completing rehab following her drug overdose in July, Lovato has spent much of her time practicing mixed martial arts at her favorite gym, Unbreakable Performance in Hollywood. She shared a post-workout, makeup-free selfie after a jiu-jitsu session in December, one month after leaving rehab.

“Sweaty, messy jiu jitsu hair.. 😝💪🏻 #BJJ #bluebelt #nevergiveup 💙🥋” she wrote alongside the selfie.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Fuller Figure

Luv Demi for this. MMA women got muscle and muscle is fuller figure.

Demi Lovato Responds To 'Fuller Figure' Headline: 'I Am More Than My Weight'
    3/29/2019 by Bonnie Stiernberg

Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for TIME

Demi Lovato attends the 2017 Time 100 Gala at Jazz at Lincoln Center on April 25, 2017 in New York City.

After a body-shaming headline noted that she "appears to have a fuller figure," Demi Lovato took to her Instagram Stories yesterday (March 28) to respond.

The singer posted a screenshot of the headline and wrote, "I AM MORE THAN MY WEIGHT" before posting a message about the dangers of such articles and the way they can encourage eating disorders.

"Unlike the past, I'm not triggered, I'm not upset that someone wrote a headline about my 'fuller figure,'" she wrote. "I'm angry that people think it's okay to write headlines about people's body shapes. Especially a woman who has been so open about being in recovery from an eating disorder. I'm not upset for myself but for anyone easily influenced by the diet culture."
    '
    "Too many people today base their ideal body weight off of what OTHERS tell us we should look like or weigh," she continued. "Articles like these only contribute to that toxic way of thinking."

Lovato also posted screenshots of a DM conversation with the reporter who wrote the article, who had reached out to her to apologize after seeing her message. "This is a lesson learnt," he told her.

"Thank you for understanding where I'm coming from," she responded. "Let's create change together."

Check out screenshots of Lovato's message and her conversation with the reporter below.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

There's no direct martial arts reference in the reflection but...

...Demi's body shaming is absurd. She's built like she can throw a good kick or punch. In our world, that's hawt.

Demi Lovato Reflects on Year Since Hospitalization: "I Am Human, So Be Easy on Me"
    7:12 PM PDT 11/2/2019 by Lindsay Weinberg

Frazer Harrison/Getty Images

"I'm so tired of pretending like I'm not human. That's one thing that I won't do anymore," Lovato told fans at the Teen Vogue Summit. "I would never regret anything. I love the person that I am today."

Demi Lovato broke her silence in her first interview since she was hospitalized for an apparent drug overdose in July 2018.

At the Teen Vogue Summit in Los Angeles on Saturday, Lovato told the crowd that she has learned from her experiences over the past year and has "never been more in tune with who I am than where I'm at today.

She started by acknowledging she was "a little nervous" for her "first public thing back," and explained that "I've changed a lot. I've gone through a lot." The singer would go on to speak about her new music, the process of loving her body and her new outlook on life and fame.

One thing she’s learning about is how to handle the online critics. "What a lot of people don't realize is that I'm actually an extremely sensitive person," Lovato said. "I am human, so be easy on me. And I'm so tired of pretending like I'm not human. That's one thing that I won't do anymore. When you say stuff, it affects me. I'm human. I try not to look, but I see it."

When asked what she sees when she looks in the mirror now, Lovato said, "I see someone that's overcome a lot."

She continued, "I genuinely see a fighter. I don't see a championship winner in there, but I see a fighter and I see someone that's going to continue to fight no matter [what] challenges are thrown their way."

"Genuinely I just want people to remember that I'm a singer," added the 'Sorry Not Sorry' star. "I think that a lot of the things I've been through kind of outshined my successes in the music industry or acting now. I just want people to remember that that's what I want to give to the world so please focus on that and not the other things."

She thinks "everyone's so quick to cancel everybody and I'm really really tired of it, to be honest. People just make mistakes."

The 27-year-old explained that she is making her comeback and has plans to release music and acting projects.

"I have new music coming," she told the screaming crowd, before teasing, "I didn't say when." She said, "It's important to remember that I am so cautious this time around of jumping back into things. I've really decided to take my time with things, so when the time is right to release new music, I will put it out there.… I am dying to release new music."

She’ll also appear in David Dobkin’s comedy Eurovision in 2020 and on a forthcoming episode of Will & Grace.

Lovato later reflected on the start of her career and the pressures that come with fame.

“Of course when you're seven or eight years old, and you say, 'Do you want be an actress or a singer?' You're like, 'Yeah put me on stage.' And you aren't even old enough to understand the consequences that come with fame. And yes fame is a privilege. It gets you a lot of things that you don't normally get but there are downsides to it," Lovato said. "It's important to remember those downsides when you're making that choice for the rest of your life, because once you're famous you can't not be famous anymore.… I wish I would have known that as a child."

But Lovato said she doesn’t have regrets about her career path: "I wouldn't change the direction of my life for anything.… I would never regret anything. I love the person that I am today.”

Another lesson she’s learned in the past year is about body acceptance, which she clarified is different fron body positivity.

"Whenever I was in the gym over the past couple years, I was doing it to a very unhealthy extreme. I think that's what led me down a darker path," Lovato said. "For me, embracing my body the way that it is naturally was the reason why I took the month of October off from the gym."

"A huge thing for me has been body acceptance. I feel like something that is not really spoken about a lot is body acceptance. We hear the terms ‘body positivity’ all the time but to be honest, I don't always feel positive about my body. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I'm like, 'Oh I do not like what I see.' But in those moments, I don't sit there and dwell on it. I also don't lie to myself," she said. "I used to look in the mirror and I used to be like, 'I love my body. You're beautifully and wonderfully made.' But the thing was, I didn't believe it so then I just would resent it. And every time I would say it, I would be like, 'You're lying to yourself.'"

Over the past six to nine months, Lovato has come to "be OK" with her appearance. “I don't have to lie to myself and tell myself that I have this amazing body. It's like, if I don't feel it, I don't have to say that. All I have to say is I'm healthy. In that statement, I express gratitude and I express I am grateful for my strength.”

LINDSAY WEINBERG
    Lindsay.Weinberg@THR.com
    WeinbergLindsay
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Oh say...

Demi Lovato Will Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl LIV
    Singer will also perform at the Grammys the week prior
    By CLAIRE SHAFFER

Demi Lovato will sing the National Anthem before kickoff at Super Bowl LIV, taking place at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami on February 2nd.
    Joel C Ryan/Invision/AP/Shutterstock

Demi Lovato will sing the National Anthem before kickoff at Super Bowl LIV, taking place at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami on February 2nd.

The news comes shortly after she was announced as a performer for the 62nd Grammy Awards on January 26th.

The singer confirmed the news on Instagram, writing, “Singing the National Anthem at #SBLIV 🏈 🏈 🏈 See you in Miami 🌴 @NFL.”
    ddlovato's profile picture
    ddlovato
    Verified

ddlovato
    Verified
    Singing the National Anthem at #SBLIV 🏈 🏈 🏈 See you in Miami 🌴 @NFL
    1h

The National Anthem will be broadcast around the world as part of the Super Bowl’s pregame show. Past National Anthem performers include Whitney Houston, the Dixie Chicks, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Billy Joel, Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, Mariah Carey, the Backstreet Boys, Pink, Alicia Keys and Idina Menzel.

Christine Sun Kim will sing the National Anthem in American Sign Language on behalf of the National Association of the Deaf (NAD).

The NFL and Fox previously announced that Jennifer Lopez and Shakira will be the halftime performers for Super Bowl LIV. Both the pregame and halftime shows are executive produced by Ricky Kirshner.
    THREADS
    Demi Lovato
    Super Bowl LIV
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Demi Lovato - Anyone (Live From The 62nd GRAMMYs ® / 2020)

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips