Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato - I Love Me

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Brain damage

Demi Lovato Has 'Brain Damage' After Suffering 3 Strokes and a Heart Attack Following 2018 Overdose

"Everything had to happen in order for me to learn the lessons that I learned," she told PEOPLE

By Tomás Mier February 17, 2021 04:15 PM

Demi Lovato is telling it all.

On Wednesday, YouTube premiered the trailer for Demi Lovato: Dancing with the Devil, a documentary series about her near-fatal 2018 drug overdose and the effects it had on Lovato's life. The trailer gives the first look into what the 28-year-old songstress faced after being hospitalized. She also reveals that she had three strokes and a heart attack in the hospital.

Alongside the docuseries' director Michael D. Ratner at the documentary's Television Critics Association panel on Wednesday, Lovato talked more about the effects the overdose had on her body physically and on her life, emotionally.

"I was left with brain damage, and I still deal with the effects of that today. I don't drive a car, because I have blind spots on my vision," she told reporters. "And I also for a long time had a really hard time reading. It was a big deal when I was able to read out of a book, which was like two months later because my vision was so blurry."

Demi Lovato

"I dealt with a lot of the repercussions and I feel like they are still there to remind me of what could happen if I ever get into a dark place again," she added. "I'm grateful for those reminders, but I'm so grateful that I was someone that didn't have to do a lot of rehabbing. The rehabbing came on the emotional side."

The singer, however, told PEOPLE that she "wouldn't change a thing" about the aftermath of the overdose.

"Everything had to happen in order for me to learn the lessons that I learned," she told PEOPLE. "It was a painful journey, and I look back and sometimes I get sad when I think of the pain that I had to endure to overcome what I have, but I don't regret anything."

"I'm so proud of the person I am today," she added. "And I'm so proud that people get to see it in this documentary and I couldn't be more grateful that I had someone by my side."

In the revelatory trailer for the documentary, Lovato's friends and family — including her mother and step-father, along with her sister — do interviews talking about the grueling moments that led up to her overdose and what happened afterward. Elton John is also interviewed.

"Anytime you suppress a part of yourself, it's going to overflow," Lovato says in the trailer.

The trailer also shows Lovato throughout the last year, including before her called-off engagement to Max Ehrich. During the interview, she also spoke about her past sobriety.

"I am holding myself accountable," Lovato told reporters. "I learned a lot from my past. I was sober for six years and I learned so much from that journey. That's the main thing that I learned was coming forward and talking about my story held me accountable."

Demi Lovato | CREDIT: CHRISTOPHER POLK/E! ENTERTAINMENT/NBCU PHOTO BANK VIA GETTY

"That's a huge reason as to why I'm doing this, but I think that I was just so proud of the growth that I experienced and something inside of me was really excited to share that with people," she added.

The singer said that it wasn't just the substances that led her to her "breaking point" but also "past traumas" and things she faced within the industry.

"As long as I continue to tell my truth, I'm going to make music that resonates with people," Lovato said Wednesday. "And that's my purpose. I'm an artist that cares a lot about her community — and my community is the entire planet — so I just I'm always striving to help. I think that my work is going to only benefit now that I've learned so much about myself."

If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, please contact the SAMHSA substance abuse helpline at 1-800-662-HELP.
    I wonder if she'll continue training...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Now non-binary

Demi Lovato Comes Out as Non-Binary and Changes Pronouns to They/Them
    Demi Lovato shared a message on May 19 to announce they identify as non-binary and said, "I'm still learning and coming into myself." See their video message.
    By RYAN GAJEWSKI MAY 19, 2021 12:53 AMTAGS

Demi Lovato is sharing more about their ongoing fluidity journey.

The 28-year-old star took to Instagram on Wednesday, May 19 to announce they identify as non-binary and will be using the gender-neutral pronouns they/them moving forward. The message came as part of the first episode from the performer's new podcast series, 4D.

"Every day we wake up, we are given another opportunity and chance to be who we want and wish to be," Demi wrote in the caption. "I've spent the majority of my life growing in front of all of you… you've seen the good, the bad, and everything in between. Not only has my life been a journey for myself, I was also living for those on the other side of the cameras."

The "Skyscraper" vocalist continued, "Today is a day I'm so happy to share more of my life with you all - I am proud to let you know that I identify as non-binary and will officially be changing my pronouns to they/them moving forward [sparkling heart emoji] This has come after a lot of healing and self-reflective work. I'm still learning and coming into myself, and I don't claim to be an expert or a spokesperson. Sharing this with you now opens another level of vulnerability for me."

Demi went on to share that they are doing this for those who "haven't been able to share who they truly are with their loved ones."

The singer is known for being an open book with fans. During a March episode of Joe Rogan's podcast, Demi said they identified as pansexual at that time.

"I'm so fluid now, and part of the reason why I am so fluid is because I was like super closeted off," Demi added, per Variety.

Earlier that month, the Sonny with a Chance alum told Glamour that their failed engagement to Max Ehrich offered a "huge sign" about their sexuality. Demi and Max began dating in early 2020 and announced their engagement that July, but by September, it had been called off.

"When I started getting older, I started realizing how queer I really am," Demi shared to Glamour. "This past year, I was engaged to a man, and when it didn't work, I was like, 'This is a huge sign.' I thought I was going to spend my life with someone. Now that I wasn't going to, I felt this sense of relief that I could live my truth."

C Flanigan/Getty Images
    The "Sorry Not Sorry" singer previously opened up about dating women, in addition to men, in the 2017 YouTube documentary Demi Lovato: Simply Complicated. Years ago, Demi had an on-again, off-again romance with Wilmer Valderrama.

Back in the April 2018 issue of InStyle, Demi shared that love can be found "in any gender." Last July, the entertainer referred to themself as "queer" in an Instagram tribute to late Glee co-star Naya Rivera.

In addition, Demi has discussed various other facets of their life, including their sobriety journey. The star has been open about checking into rehab following an apparent drug overdose in July 2018.

Their music video for "Dancing With the Devil," released last month, focused on the star dramatizing a version of their real-life overdose and hospitalization.

Demi is not the first major music star to come out as non-binary. Sam Smith did so in 2019 and also uses gender-neutral pronouns.
    There's a link to her IG post in the original article.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I didn't think our MMA forum would go here...

Demi Lovato Has a New Sex Toy & We Can't Wait to Get Our Hands On It
    Mey Rude
    Mon, November 8, 2021, 10:26 AM·2 min read
    In this article:

Demi Lovato
    Demi Lovato is sending out some good vibrations.

The actor, podcast host, singer, nonbinary icon, and UFO-watcher is expanding their empire by moving into the sex toy industry with a new, gender-inclusive ******** called The Demi Wand.

The Demi Wand is the latest sex toy launched by Boutique Bellesa, one of the leaders when it comes to female, nonbinary, and trans pleasure. It works on all body types, showing Lovato’s commitment to making the world more welcoming for nonbinary people like them.

According to Boutique Bellesa, the toy is an excellent choice for first-time sex toy users, is great for external stimulation, is waterproof, and is made from non-porous, body-safe silicone. It also comes with a compact and discreet case that also works as the toy’s charger. Put it in the cute charging case and plug it in, and you can have hours of fun.

“There is nothing more empowering than taking your pleasure into your own hands,” the site quotes Lovato as saying. “We have spent far too long pretending we are not sexual beings — it’s time for us to put this stigma to rest. We are all deserving of pleasure. We are all deserving of orgasms.”

The Demi Wand was specifically designed to be Bellesa’s best ******** yet, with eight different settings, but no annoying patterns. This is a toy that can make you orgasm so hard you’ll think you had a heart attack.

The Demi Wand is, not surprisingly, already a best-seller on the website, so if you want one, hurry up and buy it today. Fans are also going bonkers over it on social media.

Lovato has had a huge year, coming out as nonbinary, hosting a podcast, 4D With Demi Lovato, a talk show The Demi Lovato Show, a docuseries Unidentified with Demi Lovato, releasing new music, and being named to the Out100.

With the new Demi Wand, it looks like Lovato isn’t going to be slowing down any time soon, and is going to keep making the world better for nonbinary people like them.
    Then again, there was the fleshlight incident...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips