Thread: Logan

Logan

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The scene, in front of the mirror getting dressed.
    That is me every morning, LMAO !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

LOGAN - Official Red Band International Trailer #1

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Can anyone fill me in on the back story ? Was there a series where all the mutants died and all that's left is Wolverine or is this Hollywood creation ?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Can anyone fill me in on the back story ? Was there a series where all the mutants died and all that's left is Wolverine or is this Hollywood creation ?
    You need to look up the "Old Man Logan" storyline

Thank you. Ill look into the story. Appreciated.

LOGAN - Official Trailer #2 (2017) Hugh Jackman X-Men Wolverine Movie HD

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gotta be honest, looks really good.

LΟGAN Official Super Bowl Clip (2017) X-Men, Superhero Movie HD

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Another B&W re-release

I guess this is a thing now...

Logan is getting a black-and-white re-release
    NIVEA SERRAO@NIVEASERRAO

POSTED ON APRIL 30, 2017 AT 11:55AM EDT

BEN ROTHSTEIN/20TH CENTURY FOX

Logan will be returning to the big screen — but will look a little different this time around.

Director James Mangold announced on Twitter Friday that a black-and-white cut of the popular superhero film — and star Hugh Jackman’s final outing as the beloved X-Men character — would be coming to theaters for a single showing on May 16. The limited engagement will only be taking place in the U.S.

The Logan director has previously discussed creating a black-and-white version of the movie (which almost starred nemesis Sabertooth) to be included as part of the DVD and Blu-ray extras, not unlike George Miller, whose Mad Max: Fury Road black-and-“chrome” cut was released as a special edition last year.

Of course, the process of converting the film to black-and-white isn’t an easy one, as Mangold noted on Twitter after some questioning from fans. “One must determine which hues go dark or light, adjust contrast, blacks,” he explained briefly. “Turning down color on TV just makes gray mush.

The black-and-white version of Logan hits theaters on May 16.

Follow
    Mangold ✔ @mang0ld
    Suggestion. Hard core B&W loving LOGAN fans should not make any plans on the evening of May 16th.
    1:42 PM - 28 Apr 2017
    1,773 1,773 Retweets 4,188 4,188 likes
    Follow
    Mangold ✔ @mang0ld
    In convert to b&w , one must determine which hues go dark/ light, adjust contrast, blacks. Turning down color on tv just makes gray mush.
    8:54 AM - 29 Apr 2017
    163 163 Retweets 664 664 likes
    Mad Max: Fury Road (Black & Chrome)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I finally saw this, and at this point, Logan and Dr. Strange are my two favorite superhero movies of all time, and for wildly different reasons. TBH, I've never warmed up to the other X-Men or Wolverine movies as much as a lot of others have, but this one is different for me. The feel of Logan is so different that it almost seems to take place in a different Marvel Universe than, say, The Avengers/Thor, Capt America, Iron Man, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    but this one is different for me. The feel of Logan is so different that it almost seems to take place in a different Marvel Universe than, say, The Avengers/Thor, Capt America, Iron Man, etc.
    Greetings Jimbo,

When Marvel Entertainment FINALLY understands what possibilities exist within the Marvel Universe, as had always existed within the MCU, they will realize there is much money to be made. A Japanese version of Wolverine would be off the chain wild, even as an anime flick.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 05-29-2017 at 12:23 PM.

There is an X-Men anime. I've only seen trailers, but it looked good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I finally saw this, and at this point, Logan and Dr. Strange are my two favorite superhero movies of all time, and for wildly different reasons. TBH, I've never warmed up to the other X-Men or Wolverine movies as much as a lot of others have, but this one is different for me. The feel of Logan is so different that it almost seems to take place in a different Marvel Universe than, say, The Avengers/Thor, Capt America, Iron Man, etc.
    Yeah, it actually felt like the Logan that he always should have been.

I still haven't seen this...

...I guess I should now, based on all of your positive reviews and this.

Nice that one of the films we've discussed here got an Oscar nod.

Logan is the first Oscar-nominated screenplay based on superhero comics
    CHRISTIAN HOLUB January 23, 2018 AT 03:49 PM EST

It’s a good time for genre films. The Oscar nominations, released Tuesday, were kind to horror movie Get Out and monster fantasy The Shape of Water (which picked up the most total nominations with 13). Science-fiction epics Blade Runner 2049 and Star Wars: The Last Jedi also racked up nominations from the below-the-line technical categories. But the nominations also contained a unique landmark for superhero stories, as Logan became the first film to be nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay based on superhero comic books.

To be clear, Logan is not the very first screenplay nominee based on a comic book. Its predecessors in the Best Adapted Screenplay category include Skippy (based on Percy Crosby’s comic strip), Ghost World (based on the graphic novel by Daniel Clowes), A History of Violence (based on the graphic novel by John Wagner and Vince Locke), and American Splendor (based on the long-running autobiographical comic series by Harvey Pekar). But Logan is the first nominee based on the comic medium’s signature genre, superhero comics — from Marvel, the industry’s biggest publisher, to boot.

Logan is not based on any specific comic, but rather the whole mythos of Wolverine and the X-Men. The 2008 storyline Old Man Logan by writer Mark Millar and artist Steve McNiven is a big influence in terms of a dystopian future setting and a beaten-down version of Logan, but the plot points of the two stories are quite different (partially because the comic features several Marvel characters that Logan‘s creators didn’t have the rights to). The character of X-23 (Logan’s young clone daughter, played by Dafne Keen in the film) was originally created by Craig Kyle but never met Wolverine in the comics until she was an older adolescent. Screenwriters James Mangold, Scott Frank, and Michael Green took bits and pieces from multiple comics and stories in order to fashion their film, but it’s nevertheless an achievement for superhero stories. Typically, when comics break through into mainstream award categories, it’s the realistic graphic novels cited above or fantasies like Neil Gaiman’s The Sandman, which became the first comic to win the World Fantasy Award for Short Fiction in 1991.

Mark Millar

@mrmarkmillar
    Big congrats to the Wolverine: Logan team for the Best Adapted Screenplay Nomination. https://twitter.com/TheAcademy/statu...98208269099008

6:13 AM - Jan 23, 2018
    5 5 Replies 80 80 Retweets 510 510 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Whatever new future this nomination portends for superhero storytelling, Logan star Hugh Jackman won’t be a part of it; he made very clear that Logan would be his last time wielding Wolverine’s adamantium claws. Rumors abound, however, about a potential future X-23 film focusing on Keen.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips