Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, i figured out how to get kicked out of a kung fu school...

Greetings,

Just like corporations, every school has its own culture, even within the same style. if you can understand the culture, you can then make the determination of whether or not you can really thrive there. And there are those schools that are hard to figure out because they are too busy watching you and your conduct for appropriateness.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    my teacher has no disciples, nor does his teacher. the grandmaster had 5. he also had money students, who had a belt system. so, several of the branches today have a belt system, I assume.
    Ok now I am really confused. Are those guys Chinese

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    Ok now I am really confused. Are those guys Chinese
    the grandmaster and the disciple, yes. my teacher and his teacher, no.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Still... kicking someone out for having doubts and asking questions. That sounds like a teacher trying to shelter bad ideas, someone pushing an authority trip, or feeling threatened by transparency.

often times you hear "legit" "real deal" but that is only within confines of kung fu. highest lvl kung fu guy is same level as barely competent muay thai guy. in qing dynasty beijing had the highest standard level of martial arts and it was highly competitive and attracted ppl from all over the country.. there was not a single southern kung fu style who made it. and southern systems are notorious for keeping simple things secret like abdominal bracing and holding up your hands to protect the face. so whether the teacher is legit or not is meaningless.

the important thing is u shouldve asked the question on the first day and save yourself the trouble.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-27-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Smile

SevenStar,

I did similar thing when I was in senior high school. I asked another teacher question on Chinese Language subject right before the eye of the teacher who was teaching our class the subject. It was not meant to be disrespectful, but being young is a mistake. My teacher showed face of unhappiness. However, he did not do anything else to me. So IMHO, your story shows that your instructor was not tolerant enough. First, he was not certain of your intention. Second, even you did question his authenticity, he should at most only asked you "Do you believe my training authenticity now?"

Regards,

Steve Lau
    Hong Kong

Sounds dodgey to me. I was always encouraged to ask questions of my teacher, so long as they were not stupid ones that would get me an hour push in horse stance!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    One door closes and another door opens.
    This usually indicates a poor seal.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

肛门 is best 门

I don't think the instructor was scamming either I think sometimes instructors reconstruct forms and lesson to suit the practitioner so they grasp concepts and techniques and over time when ready dropping in the more technical aspects in...also this keeps the students interested to so they don't end up giving up...which also keeps the school alive

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.G View Post
    I don't think the instructor was scamming either I think sometimes instructors reconstruct forms and lesson to suit the practitioner so they grasp concepts and techniques and over time when ready dropping in the more technical aspects in...also this keeps the students interested to so they don't end up giving up...which also keeps the school alive
    commercially viable martial art schools are so 1989 bro

do u even cultural death knell bro