Thread: One form to rule them all...

Hybrid View

One form to rule them all...

If you could only work one form for the rest of eternity, which one would it be and why?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

1 Single whip posture in tai ji fist.
    Both arms extended with a horse riding stance. Fully open stance.

2 Liang Yi Ding in Ba Ji.

Both elbows extended with a horse riding stance.

3 Green Dragon extending claws in Ba Gua.
    The waist is rotated.

4 Low kick stance in Tan Tui.
    Most important stance

5 Double Hook hands in Tang Lang.
    Two hands against one arm.

etc etc.

They are the corner stone stances in each style.

Every thing else may derive from these basic stances.

Greetings SevenStar,

I do not think there is any form that teaches exactly what "now" is.

The only form that comes close involves the words "point and squeeze the trigger" at the beginning stages of instruction.

mickey

What you need is to know the start point and the end point.

And understanding every thing in between.

How to start and arrive at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings SevenStar,

I do not think there is any form that teaches exactly what "now" is.

The only form that comes close involves the words "point and squeeze the trigger" at the beginning stages of instruction.

mickey
    I'm not saying that's the only thing you train - I'm saying if that was the only form. spar, drill, firearms, etc - fine. but for the forms portion of your training, if you only kept one form, which one.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

the question is moot because every kung fu style basically has one main form.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    the question is moot because every kung fu style basically has one main form.
    that's part of why I am asking. I am expecting certain forms - jik bo, san zhan, tan tui, sanchin, etc.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Greetings,

I would pick a good Shaolin 12 line Tan Tui.

Why?

1- In many ways it is a dictionary of martial movement. It encompasses striking, grappling and throwing.

2- Offers great conditioning.

3- Continued practice and study unveils new understandings via body mechanics and via martial applications.

4- Unlike what some people say, given the aforementioned, it is never boring. It can be quite a task, but never boring.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    If you could only work one form for the rest of eternity, which one would it be and why?
    bruce lee was quipped at saying be like water... i say... be like nature. the only true form is that which comes from within ones own essence.