Thread: Stance applications

Stance applications

Hello to everyone!* I* am writing from Italy, this is my first post here. I have got* some question about the kung fu stances many consider them only a exercise fot the Muscle o for the chi, but**I Think who there is more*now my questions are:

1- How can you apply the stance especially , pu bu,* crane stance, ecc.ecc.in a real street fighting, o a free sparring like Sanda?

I Just found a video about the Back stance,*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lInNgYAiUI
    but I am* I**am italian I Cannot**understand, what he's saying, somebody could write here what he's saying,and what the stance chinese name of the video?**I know the on kung fu are used many name for the back stance*San chi pu, Siu liu bu 60-40 for six stance, and sitting stance at back.* Is correct San chi pu?

Sorry cant help.

But thanks for the vid link. Never seen that guy before. I like him. Love the way he talks. Thanks for adding the link.
    Hopefully you stick around.

Pu Bu - kick to knee, entry to fireman's carry, or large reap takedown
    Crane Stance - grab and knee attack, setup for kick, or small reap takedown

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Pu Bu - kick to knee, entry to fireman's carry, or large reap takedown
    Crane Stance - grab and knee attack, setup for kick, or small reap takedown
    Is correct say who gonbu, and ding bo are above all offensive stance, it's good for attack your opponent, San chi pu, o for six stance is a defensive stance, for dogde a attacck going to the back ecc.?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Sorry cant help.

But thanks for the vid link. Never seen that guy before. I like him. Love the way he talks. Thanks for adding the link.
    Hopefully you stick around.
    Because you cannot help me, are you a kung fu practitioners o no? If you like the video, you can find more, on Expert village, the author is Jack huang.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaforever View Post
    Is correct say who gonbu, and ding bo are above all offensive stance, it's good for attack your opponent, San chi pu, o for six stance is a defensive stance, for dogde a attacck going to the back ecc.?
    It is more correct to say that forward weight transition and rotation of gung bo generates power in attacking.

Rear weight transition and rotation of 3/7 or 4/6 stance can neutralize opponent's forward attack.

The transitions are more important than the static stances.

hello ninjaforever,

stop training now.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    hello ninjaforever,

stop training now.
    Ninjaforever isn't one of your troll accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    It is more correct to say that forward weight transition and rotation of gung bo generates power in attacking.

Rear weight transition and rotation of 3/7 or 4/6 stance can neutralize opponent's forward attack.

The transitions are more important than the static stances.
    On fact on chinese language for bo it means step, then for mabu it mean step of the horse, non only a static stance and also gon bu is a step. Then you should use it on dinamic way, is it correct ? But is possible using it on Free sparring match with kich and punch like Sanda? Somebody using them like weapon for grap the opponent's leg etc.? Many use the stance on rigid way this one of critiche who I often hear, also Bruce lee criticize them and style like hung gar have got stance apparently rigid, non much pratic. Imagine of using it against a boxer