Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Elections: The Dirt thickens

Here's an article about what the Trump's alt-right supporters did when a Republican conservative and veteran considered running a third party campaign against Trump and Clinton.

http://www.vox.com/conversations/201...publican-party

Here's an economist article on the alt-right

http://www.economist.com/news/united...tream-pepe-and

Did I mention that if you make a list of the major leaders and speakers of the alt-right, the majority of that list will be people who proudly say they are white nationalists with only a couple exceptions, who just espouse the exact same things, hang out with the declared white nationalists, but you know, totally aren't white nationalists?

Guys it is over. We already have a new President elected. You can stop campaigning now.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Guys it is over. We already have a new President elected. You can stop campaigning now.
    As I said from the start, I'm more concerned with the rise of white nationalists than with Trump.
    Last edited by Faux Newbie; 11-10-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Newbie View Post
    As I said from the start, I'm more concerned with the rise of white nationalists than with Trump.
    If that is a legitimate concern amongst people. What did you do to cause that ? For a large body of white Americans to feel that way ? Which means a large body of white Americans now have to stand in the way AGAIN for the rights of other Americans not white. Yeah. President Obama did real great with race issues.

If that is a legitimate concern amongst people. What did you do to cause that ? For a large body of white Americans to feel that way ? Which means a large body of white Americans now have to stand in the way AGAIN for the rights of other Americans not white. Yeah. President Obama did real great with race issues.

This post is incomprehensible (to me anyway). Can you put it more clearly?

I strongly dislike both Hillary AND Trump.

I agree that Sanders would have been better than Hillary, but in the end he, too, is another politician. To put all of one's trust in any politician (or aspiring politician) is, IMO, a big fallacy. "He/she is finally going to rescue us." How many times, over how many elections, over how many decades and centuries, have people been saying that?

I remember back when Obama was elected president, all these people were so excited about "Finally, our time has come." I was skeptical of big changes in that regard. Well, race relations in this country are worse, or at least *more openly worse* now than pre-Obama. We can attribute that to a blow-back reaction from disenfranchised "working-class whites", but the fact is that racism has always been there, just below the surface (or not so below it), and will always be there. No president, politician, etc., etc. is ever going to change that. And let's be clear: Racism exists in people of all races, BUT it is more openly expressed, fueled and supported by factions within some groups than it is within others. And I do mean "groups", plural.

Well, Trump is president now, so hopefully things will turn out better than many expect or hope.

However...I strongly suspect that Trump will be little more than a talking head, mostly following his advisors. And if one believes in a shadow government behind the scenes that's REALLY running the show, then anything Trump does will be within whatever hidden agenda is already in place.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 11-10-2016 at 08:57 AM.

[QUOTE=rett2;1298034]

This post is incomprehensible (to me anyway). Can you put it more clearly?[/QUOTE

That is about as clear as I can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post

I agree that Sanders would have been better than Hillary, but in the end he, too, is another politician. To put all of one's trust in any politician (or aspiring politician) is, IMO, a big fallacy. "He/she is finally going to rescue us." How many times, over how many elections, over how many decades and centuries, have people been saying that?

I remember back when Obama was elected president, all these people were so excited about "Finally, our time has come." I was skeptical of big changes in that regard. Well, race relations in this country are worse, or at least *more openly worse* now than pre-Obama. We can attribute that to a blow-back reaction from disenfranchised "working-class whites", but the fact is that racism has always been there, just below the surface (or not so below it), and will always be there. No president, politician, etc., etc. is ever going to change that. And let's be clear: Racism exists in people of all races, BUT it is more openly expressed, fueled and supported by factions within some groups than it is within others. And I do mean "groups", plural.

Well, Trump is president now, so hopefully things will turn out better than many expect or hope.

However...I strongly suspect that Trump will be little more than a talking head, mostly following his advisors. And if one believes in a shadow government behind the scenes that's REALLY running the show, then anything Trump does will be within whatever hidden agenda is already in place.
    I agree with this. My son wanted Sanders. Ive always wanted Ron Paul.

I wont say I strongly dislike Trump. I might after 4 years. I sure hope not. Hillary. I prefer no longer serves us period.

Anyways . If people would stop listening to Van Jones we would not even be having this discussion.

I recommend people stop replying to Wolfen's , victory dance too.

I did nothing to cause some stupid white people to join white nationalist organizations because they do nothing to make themselves capable, and so they need another race to blame to feel better about themselves.

I did nothing to lead some white people who have had tough breaks who are lead into the same sort of personality cult as the lamest martial arts cults to believe, again, that other ethnic groups are to blame for their condition, and thus, the utter stupidity of white nationalism gets another member.

Poor whites have always been as much the victims of white nationalism as poor blacks.

Normal citizens don't like nazis. We didn't cause Hitler, but we helped solve it nonetheless. Why stop now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post

Yeah, the really bad result is the congressional vote. Bernie with a democratic congress could have been great for the country. Maybe finally deal with some things that have been a long time coming and that are sorely needed to bring the USA up to the normal standard of modern western democracies in certain areas. Or even if he lost, the dialogue during the campaign could have been much more interesting (and sorry if I edited out from under your feet before)
    Last edited by rett2; 11-10-2016 at 10:11 AM.

[QUOTE=boxerbilly;1298038]
    Quote Originally Posted by rett2 View Post

This post is incomprehensible (to me anyway). Can you put it more clearly?[/QUOTE

That is about as clear as I can make it.
    You could do better, but don't want to. Anyhow, Faux Newbie interpreted it, so thanks anyway.

Further, given that key figures related to Breitbart ARE self-avowed white nationalists, and they have used this to expand their political power and hope sell the same services to other elections, it's in anyone's self interest to prevent white nationalists from gaining political power. They very specifically hold that freedom and democracy are not fully compatible, and are not friends to anyone who wants to have the freedom to say anything they don't want to hear, so screw them.

And the last time people were fighting for black people's rights, it was predominantly black people backed by a small number of white, often Jewish, people, who did most of the fighting and dying, so don't worry, boxerbilly, I'm sure they won't be expecting your help.

[QUOTE=rett2;1298046]

You could do better, but don't want to. Anyhow, Faux Newbie interpreted it, so thanks anyway.
    Im sorry. You must only remember the parts of American history that you decide important. Ill sit down. White people never helped anyone but white people in this country. White people never intervene on the behalf of non whites being mistreated by other whites. Okay. Keep living that illusion.

The white vote had nothing at all to do with putting a black man into office. In fact you did not need any white votes period ! You got this all figured out ! Okay.