Thread: Happy Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day

Greetings,

Regardless of what situation got you placed on the battlefield, thank you all for serving with courage.

mickey

A thousand thanks

If you must know I guarded the ski slopes of Colorado during Desert Storm (from rear attack Bawang) and enjoyed the quality family time during the invasion of Panama.

Tax payer money well spent. I only wish I had served in a combat zone...I will always take pride in my military service.

Peace and Contentment Bros...
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

ttt 4 2017

For any veteran members here, thank you for your service.

If you're wondering why this thread just started last year, our previous Veterans Day thread had to be locked.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Happy Veteran's Day in advance...

Free Tai Chi demonstration and class at VA Hospital on Thursday 11/14
    By Jocelyn Murray, Patch Contributor
    Nov 8, 2019 10:09 am ET

In remembrance of Veterans Day, Aiping Tai Chi Center, southern Connecticut's largest Tai Chi school based in Orange, will be offering a free Tai Chi demonstration and class for US military veterans. The class will be held on Thursday, November 14, 2019 from 2:00 -3:00pm at the Veterans Hospital, 950 Campbell Ave. in West Haven (Building 2/Patient and Family Education Room) and is open to all. No registration required.

"As a Marine Veteran I have always sought a way to cope with my issues on my own terms. This journey led me to martial arts where I discovered the practice and philosophy of Taijiquan. Practicing Taiji over the years has helped me to find a place of peace and balance," says Mike Johnson, Aiping Tai Chi Center student. "It has helped me to understand myself on a deeper level, giving me more tools to deal with life and the additional stress of being a combat vet."

Aiping Tai Chi Center co-director and instructor Shirley Chock offers the free class for veterans every year as a way to pay respect and show appreciation for their service and sacrifice.

According to Chock, "My grandparents raised me in Taiwan when I was a child. My grandfather fought two wars in China: first against the Japanese invasion and then against the communist revolution. My sense of discipline and respect was greatly shaped by my grandfather's military background."

Research shows that Tai Chi can have beneficial impact on both physical and mental health. For more information about the class or Tai Chi, visit facebook.com/aipingtaichi.
    THREADS
    Tai Chi, Veterans & PTSD
    Happy Veteran's Day
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart