Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tang Yik Weng Chun Pole Method

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    I think Michael Tang is the sole inheritor.

By the way, you've exceeded your stored PM quota. I have emailed you.
    I have deleted some messages but nothing has come through from you. Can you re-send please?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I have deleted some messages but nothing has come through from you. Can you re-send please?
    Check personal email, not PM here.

Ah, thanks, I see it now. Will respond later today, need to do some Christmas stuff now

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Anyone know if there are any other teachers of Tang Yik pole around?

To my knowledge, there is Vincent Tso, who has several students and Derek Roszanky(dont know if I spell his name correctly) but I dont know
    whom of them still teaches openly.
    They are all relativly low key and private about there stuff.

Best regards,
    Xian

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    "We" is any observant people with half a brain. The majority of BJD material out there is insane and could not have come from YM. And, by all accounts, YM only taught the knives in any extent to at most 4 people.

As for who they are, obviously WSL received the entire form and fighting strategy, but he didn't want to embarrass anyone by naming the others.

But, we can conclude likely candidates based on time spent with YM and available material to examine.

The only other one besides WSL with anything remotely resembling usefulness and a coherent form is HKM. These are the only two guys that appear to have learned the whole system from YM. I've also heard HKM didn't finish the form before YM stopped teaching, and picked up the last section from WSL. But, saying this will only tick Joy off, so never mind.

The only other person who spent enough time with YM is CST, who was always honest about coming up with ideas himself (even for SNT), and said he only learned individual techniques, not a whole knife form. It can be seen from his knife video that he doesn't really know what he's doing with it (no awareness of knife strategy).

I'm not sure who the alleged 4th person is, though I heard it was someone who stopped training(?). I've not seen anyone else doing anything non-suicidal with the knives. Most others picked up a bit from WSL, or reverse engineered, or frankly pulled moves right out of their "4th point of contact".

Evidently. As KPM has discovered, most YM lineage pole work is riddled with errors.

Indeed, very very few people ever learned YM's VT system in full. Honestly, it looks like only 2.
    You are forgetting Leung Sheung and Lok Yu. I would assume Yip Bo Ching also.

Quote Originally Posted by wingchun.com View Post
    You are forgetting Leung Sheung and Lok Yu. I would assume Yip Bo Ching also.
    I'm not forgetting them and I wouldn't assume that.

Lok Yiu in the 1950's demonstrating the Ip Man Pole method

Name:  lang3.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  96.2 KBName:  lang1.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  87.3 KBName:  lang2.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  89.2 KBName:  lang3.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  96.2 KBName:  lang1.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  87.3 KBName:  lang2.jpg