Thread: Shaolin in Beijing - Gene?

Shaolin in Beijing - Gene?

I've been studying with monk Shi Guolin for some time in NYC and will be re-locating to Beijing for work over the next year and figured itwould be a dream opportunity to study with some amazing teachers. I speak Mandarin fluently so language shouldn't be an issue

Anyone know of any traditional northern Shaolin instructors: either Henan or Bak Siu Lam/ BSL Lohan?

Any leads would be incredible.

Thanks!

Did you ask Shi Guolin?

I don't know of any Shaolin people in Beijing. I'm sure there are some, I just don't know where they are. I do know that my Shaolin monk master's blood brother teaches in Beijing. He's a China sanda champion and is featured as our got qi? master in the May June 2006 issue. His name is Chen Qingsheng and he's very talented. Plus I understand that my master visits there occasionally, so there might be some Songshan Shaolin action going on.

Peking Huilongsheng Sports Culture Co., Ltd.
    Champion Gymnasium
    No. 32 Shijinghsan Road
    Beijing, China
    T: 0086 10 68818183
    www.gongfuchina.com
    chen-qingsheng@china.com

If you contact him, you can mention you heard it from me, his brother's disciple. My master is Shi Decheng and my disciple name is Xinglong.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

ttt 4 2016!

Shaolin Temple opens meditation hall in Beijing
    0 2016-12-06 15:17 People's Daily Online Editor: Li Yan ECNS App Download

(File photo of a meditation hall in Zhengzhou)

For those seeking a state of Zen in the middle of urban life, a new resource is being offered by Shaolin Temple. The temple opened Shaolin Chan Hall in Beijing on Dec. 3, the latest meditation hall in China's hustling and bustling capital city.

The first group of VIP guests meditated on the day of the opening at a spring resort in Tongzhou district in the east of Beijing. As an affiliated branch of Shaolin Temple, Shaolin Chan Hall locations have been popping up in several cities since 2013. The one in Beijing offers Zen Buddhist meditation, Buddhist sutra reading, health consultations and a Buddhism seminar, China Youth Daily reported.

The headquarters of these meditation halls is located in Zhengzhou, Henan province, while Shaolin Temple is in Dengfeng, Henan.

"We hope to establish Chan halls in various cities and communities to better integrate Zen Buddhism with modern life. I believe Chan halls will play an active role in improving people's livelihoods and spirits," said Abbot Shi Yongxin of Shaolin Temple.

Meditation halls are not new to Beijing, where eight similar Buddhist meditation venues have already been established. In Shanghai, some temples also provide Zen Buddhism meditation courses, which are reportedly popular among white-collar workers attempting to relieve pressure through meditation and healthier lifestyles.
    Meditating at a resort. Now that's the way to do it. All this time, I've been meditating at austere Zendos.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart