Thread: Opinions needed

Opinions needed

I took a creative writing class back in 2009 for a college English credit. My final project was heavily influenced by the 1976 John Wayne film The Shootist. What I really loved about the film was: 1) The main character, an aging gunslinger of some renown, is portrayed as living in the modern industrialized world of the early 1900s where his particular skill set has little use; and 2) he is dying of cancer and is forced to protect himself against youngbloods looking to make a name for themselves by killing him. It's truly an amazing movie, one that I thought would translate well as a Wuxia story. My project adapted the main premise, but replaced the guns with swords and other such weapons.

I only recently gained access to the file with the complete story. I was hoping to get opinions from members here because I was thinking about expanding the narrative (time constraints at the time of writing forced me to end it somewhat abruptly). I had originally planned on there being a prolonged battle between the main character and the historical bandit White Wolf (who is mentioned in the story).

See the story here:

http://ghostexorcist.deviantart.com/...eman-651756782
    Last edited by ghostexorcist; 12-19-2016 at 06:56 AM.