I have thought about a strange sparring session some years ago when I first saw it in my teen. It was a karate class that took place in a semi-opened area of a community centre near the high school I was studying at. As I watched it from the distance when I walked by, the students were all teenagers, sitting on the floor in a rectangle shape. There was mattressess in the middle. Two instructors (one looked like a chief instructor, the other was an assistant) were there. Suddenly, one student on a side of the rectangle pointed a finger at another student on the opposite side of the rectangle, and said "I want to fight him". So the sparring began. Let's called the challenger, Student A, and the one being challenged, Student B. Student A's stance was a full stand with his legs slightly wider than his shoulder width. He pointed a right vertical fist to his side at his opponent, arm almost fully extended at shoulder height level. His left fist kept by his left side of his waist. He also looked fiercely with his eyes bulging at the opponent. While Student B held a left cat stance with his left mirror arm up, and his right hand guarding his left elbow. They circled each other for two minutes, making only one contact - Student A' launched a right front kick, and Student B blocked it with a kick. The chief instructor commented them something that I could not hear what it was from the distance.

So before I post my view of the sparring session, please feel free to post yours.

Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year

KC
Hong Kong