Thread: Phrost....

Phrost....

Is this what you mean by McDojo? McDojo
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

My own personal opinion?

I can't say from the little info they have on that site. Usually a red flag goes up in my head when I see TKD, but I'm objective enough to look past the surface.

I actually think their inclusion of the "Martial Science" class and Kung Fu gives them a good dose of credibility.

I'd really have to see their rates, fees, and contracts to make a judgement on this one.

That said, I don't judge schools McDojo or not on my site, that's left up to the users to rate the schools they find 1 (McDojo) to 10 (Legit).

If I was going to give my own personal rating, I'd list them as a 6 on that scale, until I found out they were charging tons of money for classes.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Phrost; 08-29-2002 at 11:51 AM.

the male black belt in the pink gi?

BIIIIIIIIIG, blatant sign of a mcdojo.

da shifu would be proud.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

In one of the many versions of streetfighter II (i believe it was turbo) Ryu wore a pink gi.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Dr. Dave Grago
    10th Degree Black Sash, Combined Southern Shaolin Chuan Fa
    Sigung Grago is a 10th Degree Black Sash Grandmaster in the Southern Shaolin Arts, and holds Black Sashes in Pao Fa Lien Wing Chun, Ng Family Chuan Fa, Lung Shou Pai, and NAWCA – Slant Body Wing Chun. Dr. Grago has earned his Ms.D degree in Oriental Culture from the Hong Kong Baptist University and holds undergraduate degrees in both Communications and Electrical Engineering,
    Dr. Grago is current Co-Director of the International Chinese Boxing Association, the past president of the World Chinese Martial Arts Federation, American Kung Fu Association, Executive Director for the Leung Ting International Chinese Martial Arts Federation, an Executive Member of the Chinese Kuoshu Worldwide Promotion Association, Permanent Member, The Ving Tsun Athletic Association and a member of the Board of Directors for the World Congress of Amateur Athletes.
    Dr. Grago has 37 years of active Chinese Martial Arts experience, was a former coach of the AAU Full Contact USA Kung Fu Team and is a current Coach, Director and team participant of the International United States Martial Arts Team. Sigung Grago competed in the senior master’s division at the America’s Cup tournament in Venezuela and won the Gold Medal in the open fighting division.
    Dr. Grago has appeared in Inside Kung Fu Magazine, Discover Wu Shu Elite, Who’s Who in the Martial Arts, Who’s Who in Karate, and Who’s Who in the American Martial Arts. Dr. Grago has been featured in the book Masters, Founders and Leaders of the Martial Arts and has appeared on Cable and syndicated television.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Gene Lebell wears a pink gi.
    "No Pain - Good."
    - neptunesfall

Hey, untill he's in Kung Fu Qi Gong, he's NOTHING!!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Pink Gi

Always separate your whites and your colours when washing your clothes.

LOL!!!!

I did this to my girlfreind!!!

She has this Maroon robe, and I washed it and a pair of her Karate pants at the same time, an Bingo Pink Karate pants!!

After she Kicked my ass, she Cut me off
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

she Cut me off
    not Bobbit style I hope...
    "Try to use that one legged crane stance when 50 sumo wrestlers are all around you, and then your going to get sumoed." - Ralek

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    Dr. Dave Grago
    10th Degree Black Sash, Combined Southern Shaolin Chuan Fa
    Sigung Grago is a 10th Degree Black Sash Grandmaster in the Southern Shaolin Arts, and holds Black Sashes in Pao Fa Lien Wing Chun, Ng Family Chuan Fa, Lung Shou Pai, and NAWCA – Slant Body Wing Chun. Dr. Grago has earned his Ms.D degree in Oriental Culture from the Hong Kong Baptist University and holds undergraduate degrees in both Communications and Electrical Engineering,
    Dr. Grago is current Co-Director of the International Chinese Boxing Association, the past president of the World Chinese Martial Arts Federation, American Kung Fu Association, Executive Director for the Leung Ting International Chinese Martial Arts Federation, an Executive Member of the Chinese Kuoshu Worldwide Promotion Association, Permanent Member, The Ving Tsun Athletic Association and a member of the Board of Directors for the World Congress of Amateur Athletes.
    Dr. Grago has 37 years of active Chinese Martial Arts experience, was a former coach of the AAU Full Contact USA Kung Fu Team and is a current Coach, Director and team participant of the International United States Martial Arts Team. Sigung Grago competed in the senior master’s division at the America’s Cup tournament in Venezuela and won the Gold Medal in the open fighting division.
    Dr. Grago has appeared in Inside Kung Fu Magazine, Discover Wu Shu Elite, Who’s Who in the Martial Arts, Who’s Who in Karate, and Who’s Who in the American Martial Arts. Dr. Grago has been featured in the book Masters, Founders and Leaders of the Martial Arts and has appeared on Cable and syndicated television.
    Just curious as to why you would put GM Grago in this category. Do you know him? Have you met him or trained with him?
    Have you talked with his students? His family? Seen 30 year old photos of him training with his masters? Seen him fight?
    Anything?

David Bowen

You do realize that SevenStar's post is 16 years old, right? Although he used to be quite regular, SevenStar hasn't been around these parts for over a year.

Welcome to the KungFuMagazine.com forums!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart