Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: two man bone on bone shin drills

*muay thai beats up kung fu
    kung fu guy: MUAY THAI GIVE CANCER IS BAD FOR THE HEALTHY

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    *muay thai beats up kung fu
    kung fu guy: MUAY THAI GIVE CANCER IS BAD FOR THE HEALTHY
    Funny Muay Thai and KF story...

One student was Aiki Jitsu blackbelt and teacher, trained in US and Japan.

He had a 23 year old son.

Dad said, "We both go train KF. We can be partners".

Son said, "No, Dad. I want to learn Muay Thai".

After a couple years of dad doing KF and son doing MT, dad asked if son can join KF class.

I asked him why. He laughed and said he kicked his son's ass, and now the son wanted to learn how to do KF.

We did five hour classes on Saturdays because they drove ninety miles to get to class and ninety miles to get back home.

I partnered with the son and gave him lots of iron arm, body, and leg training, lots of sparring, as well as the usual KF applications and drills.

After a few years, the son moved and ended up going to one of Frank Shamrocks schools near his work.

thats some sh1tty ass muay thai if u have to switch to kung fu

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

It's about how you train.

The son was no poosy though. We all met at the gym where we lifted weights. Kid was pretty strong.

The dad trained 20 years in Japan. His teacher was rough and took him to bars after class to get drunk and start fights for more training.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Heavy impact bone on bone contact can contribute to bone cancer, and many muay thai fighters in thailand have died from bone cancer as a result of doing it. Granted, the extreme shin conditioning they do also contributes to deaths from bone cancer. I don't know about kicking the side of a person's shin, but I think it should at least be less risky than going bone on bone. If you want to insist on kicking the side of someone's shin,, I would stop if you or your partner fell pain, rest until it goes away. Once you can do it without pain, you can gradually increase how often you do it, but no more than 3 times a week, allowing for at least a day of rest in between. Not "Oh, I can stand this" but doesn't hurt. Peace.
    yeah I only make light contact when doing this drill with a partner ,and don't do it more than a couple of times a week. But I like the idea of making direct contact with the shin opposed to the side of the shins[that just seems pointless]. We got a hard heavy hanging sandbag which I stated to do light shin kicks to also condition the shins based on thai methods, even though all my roundhouse kick are done with the instep.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    But I like the idea of making direct contact with the shin opposed to the side of the shins[that just seems pointless].
    The point is to train your ability to minimize effect of your opponent's shin bone against your sciatic nerve when he tries to kick the side of your calf(or thigh), and your Kun Lun and San Yin Jiao points when he tries to take out your base.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    We got a hard heavy hanging sandbag which I stated to do light shin kicks to also condition the shins based on thai methods, even though all my roundhouse kick are done with the instep.
    Use shin bone for close range low round kicks when you run over your opponent. That is one of the real teachings of stance transitions in forms. Same thing as what you see Buakaw do all the time to his opponents while he's punching them.