Thread: HARD but smart training

HARD but smart training

Hey guys.how is it going?

I am already into kung fu for quite some time and got used to lot of exercises,. Could you please give some hints on how to make an"harder" training regimen,but,of course,focusing exclusively in kung fu execution?

squat bench deadlifts are the staple jiberrrgong of shaolin wombat boxing.

also try visit an mma gym and tell them you want to test your kung fu.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan View Post
    Could you please give some hints on how to make an"harder" training regimen,but,of course,focusing exclusively in kung fu execution?
    Here's how

Quote Originally Posted by rett2 View Post
    Here's how

What if there is no snow in my country? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan View Post
    Hey guys.how is it going?

I am already into kung fu for quite some time and got used to lot of exercises,. Could you please give some hints on how to make an"harder" training regimen,but,of course,focusing exclusively in kung fu execution?
    in staying true to the pictures posted above. try training in different environments. for instance, not just in an indoor kwoon or gym. train outside-- on pavement, a parking lot, train on a basketball or tennis court. try and find a place that can raise your senses/spirit (shen) to shadowbox. train on a cliff ledge. train on a rocky outcrop, perhaps un-even terrain. feel it out. maybe you do this already. this is one trick I do for staying in good kung fu shape. train in the woods. train with snow on the ground. train with heavy boots on instead of sneakers sometimes (or wear ankle weights). train in a spot where there might be a little ice. if you have proper root and shifting/turning, you will not slip, even if you execute a flying or springing kick and land on the ice, or a transition to a one-legged posture technique, etc. just some ideas. also, there is oppurtunity of finding another teacher who will up your game.

a poster said iron horse stance training (but they erased their post.) another good idea, in fact an excellent idea. the sky is the limit I guess. I suppose u are looking for a strictly "kung fu" context so I won't bring up anything about cross training. in my case at least I was already a long distance runner before I trained in martial arts and I still run. and, lifting weights makes me feel good, etc. all up to the individual of course.
    Last edited by MarathonTmatt; 02-26-2017 at 04:49 PM.

also-- if u do more conditioning exercises- fingertip push-ups, arm-banging on various surfaces, palm striking and punching different surfaces. after a while u will feel the difference, u will know u have more power

Quote Originally Posted by MarathonTmatt View Post
    ... try and find a place that can raise your senses/spirit (shen) to shadowbox. train on a cliff ledge. train on a rocky outcrop, perhaps un-even terrain. feel it out. maybe you do this already. this is one trick I do for staying in good kung fu shape. train in the woods. train with snow on the ground. train with heavy boots on instead of sneakers sometimes (or wear ankle weights). train in a spot where there might be a little ice.
    +1 this especially. I haven't tried a cliff ledge yet... (at least I stand back a bit from the edge) but all the others are things that really help to make the training worthwhile in a wider perspective. To me it's especially about linking the training to your values. I like and benefit from having oak trees and fallow deer nearby during training. Or pines and wild boars. Or birches and weasels. Connecting with the the surroundings and shutting down the chattering and scheming mind for a while. Especially as I don't have competitive fighting goals, but aim to just keep a body able to handle kinetic situations in ordinary life or in an emergency, while aging. Moving on rocky ground, icy surfaces, climbing hills to train at the top. Above all letting training time do double duty as outdoors time and present-moment awareness time.
    Last edited by rett2; 02-28-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarathonTmatt View Post
    also-- if u do more conditioning exercises- fingertip push-ups, arm-banging on various surfaces, palm striking and punching different surfaces. after a while u will feel the difference, u will know u have more power
    i agree. i recommend walking into a random mma gym and tell them you train kung fu, then start doing these things.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i agree. i recommend walking into a random mma gym and tell them you train kung fu, then start doing these things.
    Or maybe I can invite the MMA guys to go to the hillside with me and lift stones up-hill, but they must pick up and haul a stone equivalent to the size that I pick up (big boy stones) and haul up the hill to my stone works site, and then they can help me build structures all day. Hmm. After a rain with mud on the ground while going up the hillside. Only those with strong legs/ root need apply.

in all seriousness though. what you say does have merit. it speaks to the reality of training-- how well against another trained fighter will your "kung fu" hold up. you are not wrong to say this don't let anyone say otherwise.

if I did this I wouldn't be all goofy about it. I wouldn't start break-dancing forms out or breaking boards. I would probably just ask to train and then some sparring. who knows I may even want to join the gym and train/ spar more with those fellows.

Matt, just say you want to spar stand up only. As long as you can handle the thai kick you should be fine. Matt is 6'3 or something. He has a major advantage so glove up with him if you please.

squat bench deadlifts are the staple jiberrrgong of shaolin wombat boxing.

also try visit an mma gym and tell them you want to test your kung fu.
    So were are you numbers at now ? Approaching that guy that was a section whatever footballer from on here ? Dude was probably 230 solid power. You that ?

Im not.