Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Man at Arms: Art of War - Original Series from EL REY Network with Gene Ching

My latest ezine article

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The penultimate episode of Season 1.

I've been told that my weapon test scene for Tizona was cut, but that's just as well. I'm still in the episode in my usual weapons expert role. Tune in, turn on & stay sharp!

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Tune in for the Season Finale of MAN AT ARMS: ART OF WAR this Thursday!

I share some behind-the-scenes perspective in MAN AT ARMS: ART OF WAR: For the Love of the Katana.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

History's Deadliest Weapons - The Yari | Man At Arms: Art of War

I've been away backpacking the John Muir Trail so I haven't even seen our finale episode yet.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Xfinity

MAN AT ARMS: ART OF WAR episodes 1-3 are now available on Xfinity.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Season 2 is green lit!

El Rey Network Greenlights Second Season Of ‘Man At Arms: Art Of War’
    Danny Trejo To Return As Host
    1/14/2018 3:30 PM

Austin, TX – El Rey Network has greenlit the original unscripted series “Man at Arms: Art of War” for a second season with the incomparable Danny Trejo returning as host. The renewal was announced today by El Rey Network President and GM Daniel Tibbets. The second season will continue the collaboration between El Rey Network and DEFY Media, the digital media company that created the digital series “Man at Arms”. The series moves to ten episodes and will debut in the second half of 2018.

“’Man at Arms: Art of War’ has been a terrific addition to El Rey Network’s original programming slate. Our audience really responded to this exploration and celebration of craftsmanship, history and strength,” said Tibbets. “Season 1 expanded the universe of the digital series and season 2 will truly test the limits of the team of expert craftsmen.”

In each episode of “Man at Arms”, a team of expert craftsmen skillfully reproduce iconic weapons and armor from scratch, using the technology that would have been available at the time such weapons and armor were originally created, as well as state-of-the-art technologies beyond the original forgers’ wildest imaginations. The builders create historical, modern, and mythological works of martial art. Each masterwork is then tested by experts for its strength and real-world functionality. Whether it slices, shoots, smashes, stabs, blocks, parries, or disarms, viewers will get a first-hand look at what kind of force each marvelous masterpiece can unleash.
    The showrunner already contacted me about this but I was under an NDA.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I ride with el rey

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More to come

Man at Arms: Art of War Second Season To Return Danny Trejo as Host
    By Martial Arts Entertainment - January 12, 2018030

Danny Trejo Man At Arms: Art of War on El Rey Network

We are excited to share with you that El Rey Network’s original unscripted series Man at Arms: Art of War second season will see the incomparable Danny Trejo returning as host. The original series also features martial artists including our own Gene Ching as a weapons expert as he explores weapons like the Spanish sword. We also watch the dark and beautiful Crystal Santos as she puts her strength behind the testing of unique weapons like the Haladie, a triple bladed daggar.

El Rey Network President and GM Daniel Tibbets announced the renewal today. Man at Arms: Art of War second season will continue the collaboration between El Rey Network and DEFY Media, the digital media company that created the digital series Man at Arms. The series moves to ten episodes and will debut in the second half of 2018.

’Man at Arms: Art of War’ has been a terrific addition to El Rey Network’s original programming slate. Our audience really responded to this exploration and celebration of craftsmanship, history and strength,” said Tibbets. “Season 1 expanded the universe of the digital series and season 2 will truly test the limits of the team of expert craftsmen.

In each episode of Man at Arms, a team of expert craftsmen skillfully reproduce iconic weapons and armor from scratch, using the technology that would have been available at the time such weapons and armor were originally created, as well as state-of-the-art technologies beyond the original forgers’ wildest imaginations. The builders create historical, modern, and mythological works of martial art. Each masterwork is then tested by experts for its strength and real-world functionality. Whether it slices, shoots, smashes, stabs, blocks, parries, or disarms, viewers will get a first-hand look at what kind of force each marvelous masterpiece can unleash.

DEFY Media’s award-winning Man at Arms digital series consistently averages over 1.5MM views per episode and has built a vast and passionate fan community.

Man at Arms: Art of War second season will be produced by DEFY for the El Rey Network and led by DEFY’s Christopher Willey, SVP OTT and Television Development.

The original deal for Man at Arms: Art of War was brokered by David Sherman at WME.

About Danny Trejo
    Danny Trejo has developed a prolific career in the entertainment industry with a hard-earned and atypical road to success. From years of imprisonment to helping youth battle drug addictions, from acting to producing, and now on to restaurant ventures, Trejo’s name, face, and achievements are well recognized in Hollywood and beyond. Danny has starred in dozens of films including DESPERADO, HEAT, the FROM DUSK TILL DAWN series, CON AIR, ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO, and the SPY KIDS movies, MACHETE and MACHETE KILLS, the BAD ASS Trilogy and DEAD AGAIN IN TOMBSTONE and co-starred in DEATH RACE 2, DEATH RACE: INFERNO and MUPPETS MOST WANTED. On television, Danny has most recently has appeared on episodes of The Flash. He has appeared on Modern Family, Breaking Bad, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and NCIS: Los Angeles among others. Additionally, Trejo voices characters in the animated film STORKS and THE BOOK OF LIFE. Along with lending his voice on American Dad!, Rick and Morty, Puss in Boots, Young Justice and Family Guy. He also collaborated on the new video game “Family Guy: another freakin’ mobile game.” Trejo recently finished shooting the horror comedy THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR, starring Mikey Epps and Kat Williams. And if you didn’t think Trejo was busy enough, after the success of last year’s openings of the flagship restaurant Trejo’s Tacos in the Mid-Wilshire area and Trejo’s Cantina in Hollywood, he has opened two new locations in Woodland Hills and USC village. Danny’s newest culinary endeavor, Trejo’s Coffee & Donuts, is proving to be just as successful as his tacos. Despite Danny’s impressive list of credits, it’s his continuous roles as a devoted father of three and an intervention counselor that bring him the most satisfaction.

About DEFY Media
    DEFY is built on the idea that media should be as meaningful and dynamic as the audiences it’s made for. We’ve done that by creating expansive and authentic content brands – SMOSH, Screen Junkies, Clevver, AWEme, BREAK and Made Man – that young people obsess over. Powered by in-house studios and the most adept talents and producers, DEFY has uniquely scaled its digital sensibility, expanding 75 regularly scheduled programs across more than 25 video platforms, including SVOD, television and film. In a world where viewers hold the power, DEFY’s brands have earned more than 110 million followers on YouTube and the world’s largest social platforms combined, driving more than 800MM total video views each month through content that matters to young audiences. Learn more about DEFY and our obsession-worthy brands at www.defymedia.com<http://www.defymedia.com/>

About El Rey Network
    El Rey Network is a Latino-infused entertainment brand that revels in the courage, capacity, and creativity of ordinary people on extraordinary journeys. Launched by maverick filmmaker Robert Rodriguez and run by Rodriguez and his artistic collective, El Rey Network develops and produces linear and digital programming as well as integrated branded entertainment offerings. El Rey Network’s flagship is a 24-hour English-language entertainment and lifestyle cable channel that focuses a distinctly Latino lens on popular culture. El Rey Network is jointly owned by Robert Rodriguez and FactoryMade with a minority stake held by Univision Networks & Studios, Inc.
    Like I said, I've been contacted about this already, but I'm not signed on yet. Soon come, hopefully. Should I put 'unlimited nachos' in my rider?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

We've been picked up by History Channel Mexico

They've dubbed us into Spanish. It is strangely gratifying to be dubbed into another language after watching so many dubbed films over the years. Ironically, Danny, Marko and Crystal were dubbed as well, and they all speak Spanish.

History líder de la TV paga con el estreno de Hombres de armas

Hombres de armas

Por @todotvnews el 16/02/2018

El estreno de la serie con Danny Trejo en México, el pasado martes 6 de febrero, posicionó al canal en el segundo lugar entre hombres de 18 a 34 años.

History se consolidó como líder de la TV paga con el estreno exclusivo de Hombres de armas, el pasado 6 de febrero, bajo la conducción de Danny Trejo.

El debut en México posicionó al canal en el lugar número dos entre hombres de 18 a 34 años, entre hombres de 25 a 54 años y entre personas de 35 a 49 años, y número tres entre hombres de 18 a 49 años.

La serie cuenta también con la participación de Illya Alekseyev (Desafio sobre fFuego) y la actriz de acción experta en artes marciales Crystal Santos. Será el mismo "Machete" y sus compañeros, los que junto a un grupo de expertos, que prueben cada uno de los mortales artefactos conocidos por su letalidad.

"Estaba estático cuando me pidieron que participara en Hombre de Armas. Me estoy divirtiendo mucho haciéndolo, con todo mi tiempo en la industria del cine finalmente pude entender y aprender más de las armas que se usan. La serie es realmente interesante, es una manera divertida de aprender historia", contó Trejo.

Hombre de Armas es un programa de ocho episodios que llevará a la audiencia de History a recorrer el mundo de las más famosas y efectivas armas desarrolladas desde tiempo inmemoriales en China, la India y África, entre otros lugares, mostrando con espectaculares proezas el letal poder de éstas.

En cada episodio un equipo de expertos artesanos reproducirá hábilmente armas y armaduras, utilizando la tecnología que habría estado disponible en el momento histórico en que fueron creadas originalmente, para luego probar sus capacidades y permitirle a la audiencia ver de primera mano el funcionamiento y cuan mortíferas pueden llegar a ser.

Episodios de estreno (todos los martes a las 21:00 horas):

Martes 20 de febrero:

Episodio 3: Espadas Africanas

Martes 27 de febrero:

Episodio 4: Armas Mongoles

Martes 6 de marzo:

Episodio 5 : Aztecas: guerreros del nuevo mundo

Martes 13 de marzo:

Episodio 6: Armas de faraones

Martes 20 de marzo:

Episodio 7: Armas legendarias

Martes 27 de marzo:

Episodio 8: Yari y Katana: armas del sol naciente
    googtrans
    History leader of pay TV with the premiere of Men of arms

By @todotvnews on 02/16/2018

The premiere of the series with Danny Trejo in Mexico, on Tuesday, February 6, positioned the channel in second place among men aged 18 to 34 years.

History was consolidated as the leader of pay TV with the exclusive premiere of Hombres de armas, on February 6, under the leadership of Danny Trejo.

The debut in Mexico positioned the channel in the number two place among men from 18 to 34 years old, between men from 25 to 54 years old and between people from 35 to 49 years old, and number three among men from 18 to 49 years old.

The series also features the participation of Illya Alekseyev (Challenge on Fire) and martial arts actress expert Crystal Santos. It will be the same "Machete" and his companions, who together with a group of experts, will try each of the deadly artifacts known for their lethality.

"I was static when they asked me to participate in Man of Arms, I'm having a lot of fun doing it, with all my time in the film industry I could finally understand and learn more about the weapons that are used, the series is really interesting, it's a way fun to learn history ", said Trejo.

Hombre de Armas is an eight-episode program that will take the audience of History to travel the world of the most famous and effective weapons developed since time immemorial in China, India and Africa, among other places, showing with spectacular feats the lethal power of this.

In each episode a team of expert craftsmen will skillfully reproduce weapons and armor, using the technology that would have been available at the historical moment in which they were originally created, to then test their capabilities and allow the audience to see first-hand the operation and how deadly they can become.

Premiere episodes (every Tuesday at 9:00 p.m.):

Tuesday, February 20:

Episode 3: African Swords

Tuesday, February 27:

Episode 4: Mongolian weapons

Tuesday, March 6:

Episode 5: Aztecs: warriors of the new world

Tuesday, March 13:

Episode 6: Weapons of pharaohs

Tuesday, March 20:

Episode 7: Legendary weapons

Tuesday, March 27:

Episode 8: Yari and Katana: Weapons of the Rising Sun
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Some layoffs at the parent company

MARCH 7, 2018 2:08PM PT
    Defy Media CEO Says 8% Layoff Is Related to Exit of ‘Tactical’ Businesses

By Todd Spangler @xpangler
    NY Digital Editor

Matt Diamond _ Defy Media
    CREDIT: COURTESY OF DEFY MEDIA

Defy Media is in the process of shuttering a few lines of business that are resulting in the layoff of about 20 staffers, or 8% of its workforce — the latest digital-media company to pare back headcount to cut costs.

In an interview, CEO Matt Diamond said the company is exiting “tactical businesses” that were not core to Defy’s business. Those included a network programmatic ad business, which has sold ads into third-party networks with inventory, and a licensing and video syndication business to distribute partner content to long-tail internet sites.

“The changes we made in personnel were to solidly focus the company on owned-and-operated brands,” Diamond said. He said the layoffs will be completed by mid-March, and added that the former employees in Defy’s programmatic ad sales business will be able to continue operating independently.

Following the cutbacks, Defy Media will have about 225 employees. The layoffs, which were announced internally last month, were previously reported by Videoink.

Meanwhile, Diamond denied rumors that Defy Media has been shopping for a buyer, saying that the company is not out “actively selling ourselves” at this point. “Rumors about us selling have been out there forever,” he said.

Defy Media CEO Pledges Company Reforms After Screen Junkies' Andy Signore Firing for Sexual Misconduct
    The core of Defy’s business continues to be its original content brands — led by Smosh, Clevver and Screen Junkies — that cater to a 15-to-29-year-old demographic. The company overall produces more than 70 shows, with more than 1 million viewers watching on average each week, according to Diamond.

“The changes we made were to accelerate profitability,” Diamond said. “For us, we feel strongly that being profitable and building around your brands is critical in this market.”

Defy Media joins the rash of belt-tightening in the digital media space. In recent months, BuzzFeed, Vox Media, Refinery29, Mashable and Funny Or Die have each made rounds of staff cutbacks.

Defy is making the job cuts to streamline the biz, according to Diamond, not because it was running low on funds. Most recently, Defy Media raised $70 million in September 2016 led by Wellington Management; previous investors in the company include Viacom and Lionsgate.

Diamond said Defy Media went out looking to raise capital last year but ultimately “we pulled back” at the beginning of 2018. “We had offers, but we were underwhelmed,” he said.

Besides its core digital business on YouTube, Facebook and other platforms, Defy Media will continue to look at longer-form TV projects in an “opportunistic” manner, Diamond said.

On that front, Defy Media recently entered into a pact with GRB Entertainment, under which the companies plan to develop and distribute an original programming slate for domestic and international distribution built on Defy’s content franchises including Smosh, AWEme, Clevver and Screen Junkies. GRB most recently acquired international distribution rights to Defy’s series “Man at Arms” and “Super Fan Builds.”

In addition, El Rey Network announced the renewal of unscripted series “Man at Arms: Art of War,” hosted by Danny Trejo, for second season. The 10-episode series will debut on the cable channel in the second half of 2018. In each episode, a team of expert craftsmen reproduce iconic weapons and armor from scratch, using technology that would have been available at the time they were originally created.

Separately, last year Defy Media said it instituted new HR measures following the firing of Screen Junkies founder Andy Signore for inappropriate sexual behavior. Under the company’s new policies, sexual-harassment training is mandatory for all employees.
    Somewhat disconcerting. Frankly, working with DEFY has been an education for me on the power of digital media. I had no idea about the magnitude of influence and the staggering numbers behind it all.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

International distribution

Int’l nets take on Man at Arms

Man at Arms tests historical weapons created by experts

Broadcasters in Latin America, Asia-Pacific, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe have acquired Man at Arms, the unscripted series hosted by Sons of Anarchy’s Danny Trejo.

A&E Ole Network in Latin America, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific in India and Viasat in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe will air the show, which was commissioned by El Rey, the US channel founded by filmmaker Robert Rodriguez.

Produced by Defy Media, it sees an expert roundtable of builders, historians and martial artists test weapons created by experts to see how much destruction they can cause. The series is distributed internationally by US-based GRB Entertainment.
    I'm filming Season 2 now. We've really upped our game. More to come.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

An EMMY for Danny?

He's a longshot but I have my fingers crossed. Season 2 is in the can and should be coming at ya by late summer/early fall.

The 80 reality TV hosts and 205 reality shows eligible for an Emmy

by Andy Dehnart 11 Jun. 2018 | 3:46 pm

Emmy nomination voting started today, and the nominating ballots reveal which reality TV shows, hosts, and crew members are eligible to be nominated.

Voting for potential nominees starts today and ends June 25, and the nominations will be announced July 12.

Below, I’ve listed the reality show hosts eligible to be nominated (80 shows’ hosts are listed, though some have teams of hosts), and also all series from the four major reality show categories: structured, unstructured, competition, and documentary/nonfiction.

I’ve also included the 45 potential nominees for casting Emmys; it’s only the second year that reality TV casting directors have been able to be nominated. (Last year, Born This Way‘s casting team won the first casting Emmy for the genre.)

There are also reality, unscripted, and documentary shows on the ballots in various categories, such as main title design.

The full Emmy ballots have descriptions of each show for the program categories, and here are direct links to the ballots for other unscripted and reality TV categories:

Reality Cinematography
    Reality Picture Editing
    Outstanding Documentary Or Nonfiction Special
    Outstanding Short Form Nonfiction Or Reality Series
    Outstanding Production Design For A Variety, Reality Or Reality-Competition Series
    Outstanding Costumes For Variety, Nonfiction Or Reality Programming
    Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction For A Variety Series
    Nonfiction Cinematography
    Nonfiction Directing
    Nonfiction Picture Editing
    Nonfiction Sound Editing
    Nonfiction Sound Mixing
    Nonfiction Writing

Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition Program
    Dan Abrams, host, Live PD
    Ted Allen, host, Chopped
    Anthony Anderson, host, To Tell The Truth
    Erin Andrews, host, Dancing With The Stars
    Ben Bailey, host, Cash Cab
    Alec Baldwin, host, Match Game
    Tyra Banks, host, America’s Got Talent
    Tyra Banks, host, America’s Next Top Model
    W. Kamau Bell, host, United Shades Of America With W. Kamau Bell
    Tom Bergeron, host, Dancing With The Stars
    Bobby Berk, host; Karamo Brown, host; Tan France, host; Antoni Porowski, host; Jonathan Van Ness, host; Queer Eye
    Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, host, Fear Factor
    Alton Brown, host, Iron Chef Gauntlet
    Nicole Byer, host, Nailed It!
    Nick Cannon, host, Nick Cannon Presents: Wild ‘N Out
    RuPaul Charles, host, RuPaul’s Drag Race
    Julie Chen, host, Big Brother: Celebrity Edition
    Jeremy Clarkson, host; Richard Hammond, host; James May, host; The Grand Tour
    LL Cool J, host, Lip Sync Battle
    Laverne Cox, host, Glam Masters
    Carson Daly, host, The Voice
    DeRay Davis, host, Hip Hop Squares
    Paige Davis, host, Trading Spaces
    Cat Deeley, host, So You Think You Can Dance
    Ellen DeGeneres, host, Ellen’s Game Of Games
    Jenna Dewan, host, World Of Dance
    Snoop Dogg, host, Snoop Dogg Presents The Joker’s Wild
    Tarek El Moussa, host; Christina El Moussa, host; Flip Or Flop
    Fergie, host, The Four: Battle For Stardom
    Tilman J. Fertitta, host, Billion Dollar Buyer
    Guy Fieri, host, Diners, Drive-Ins And Dives
    Bobby Flay, host, Beat Bobby Flay
    Jamie Foxx, host, Beat Shazam
    Chip Gaines, host; Joanna Gaines, host; Fixer Upper
    Josh Gates, host, Expedition Unknown
    Bear Grylls, host, Bear Grylls: Face The Wild
    Chris Hardwick, host, The Wall
    Neil Patrick Harris, host, Genius Junior
    Chris Harrison, host, The Bachelor: After The Final Rose
    Kevin Hart, host, Hart Of The City
    Steve Harvey, host, Celebrity Family Feud
    Steve Harvey, host, Little Big Shots
    Steve Harvey, host, Showtime At The Apollo
    Allison Holker Boss, Co-host; Stephen “tWitch” Boss, Co-host; Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings: Holiday Magic
    Eddie Huang, host, Huang’s World
    Matt Iseman, host; Akbar Gbajabiamila, Co-host; American Ninja Warrior
    Chris Jacobs, host; Lisa Joyner, host; Long Lost Family
    Khloe Kardashian, host, Revenge Body With Khloe Kardashian
    Trek Thunder Kelly, host, Go
    Phil Keoghan, host, The Amazing Race
    Heidi Klum, host; Tim Gunn, Co-host; Project Runway
    Padma Lakshmi, Co-host; Tom Colicchio, Co-host; Top Chef
    T.J. Lavin, host, The Challenge: Vendettas
    Marcus Lemonis, host, The Profit
    Jane Lynch, host, Hollywood Game Night
    Jamali Maddix, host, Hate Thy Neighbor
    Tommy Maitland, host, The Gong Show
    Method Man, host; Hailey Baldwin, Co-host; Drop The Mic
    Ben Napier, host; Erin Napier, host; Home Town
    Dave Navarro, host, Ink Master
    “Pistol” Pete Sohren, host; Glen Plake, host; Abe Wine, host; Rob “Bender” Park, host; Truck Night In America
    Jeff Probst, host, Survivor
    Gordon Ramsay, host, MasterChef Junior
    Norman Reedus, host, Ride With Norman Reedus
    Alfonso Ribeiro, host, America’s Funniest Home Videos
    Mike Rowe, host, Returning The Favor
    Dr. Siri Sat Nam Singh, host, The Therapist
    Karley Sciortino, host, ****ever
    Drew Scott, host; Jonathan Scott, host; Property Brothers
    Ryan Seacrest, host, American Idol
    Ryan Serhant, host, Sell It Like Serhant
    Martha Stewart, host; Snoop Dogg, host; Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party
    Michael Strahan, host, $100,000 Pyramid
    Jon Taffer, host, Bar Rescue
    Danny Trejo, host, Man At Arms: Art Of War
    Iyanla Vanzant, host, Iyanla: Fix My Life
    Mark L. Walberg, host, Antiques Roadshow
    Casey Webb, host, Man v. Food
    McKenzie Westmore, host, Face Off: Divide And Conquer
    Andrew Zimmern, host, The Zimmern List
    Strangely, I get "The page you requested does not exist." when I click the PDF for 'Host - Reality/Reality-Competition' on the EMMY 2018 ballots page.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

El Rey dropped from Sling and Dish

El Rey Network is under Univision Communications. I heard it was dropped from Sling, and the Dish drop likely affects El Rey too. Nasty timing because it's the finals for the World Cup, and Univision had the best coverage in the U.S. Hope this gets resolved before the 2nd season of Man at Arms: Art of War premieres (scheduled for later this summer).

Univision channels blocked from Dish, companies blame each other
    The standoff is bad news for Spanish-language viewers.
    BY MARRIAN ZHOU
    JULY 2, 2018 12:24 PM PDT

Univision

A standoff between Dish and Univision may last indefinitely, leaving US Spanish-language viewers in the dark.

Over the weekend, Univision networks and stations disappeared from Dish. Both companies blame each other for the outage.

On Monday, New York-based Univision said in a release that Dish dropped most of Univision's networks and stations from its streaming service indefinitely on Saturday. The removal of its channels followed Colorado-based Dish's rejection of a Univision offer to an extend an existing contract, the network said.

Earlier, Dish disputed that account, saying Univision was trying to gain leverage in a contract dispute by withholding its programming.

Univision is attempting to increase the rate it charges Dish by roughly 75 percent, Dish said on Saturday. The Spanish-language network blocked Dish users' access to its flagship Univision network, as well as its Galavision and UniMás channels, Dish said. Univision also blocked Dish's Sling users from accessing all Univision channels, it said.

"Univision's attempted price hikes target Hispanics despite the fact that fewer members of our community are watching Univision," Alfredo Rodríguez Diaz-Marta, vice president of DishLATINO and Sling Latino, said in a release. "We call on Univision to return its signal to Dish, DishLATINO and Sling TV customers as soon as possible."

Univision said additional affected stations include Univision Deportes Network, El Rey Network, TLNovelas and Foro TV.

"Despite the success of our programming with its customers, Dish insists on paying Univision only a fraction of what it pays our English-language peers, including some with far fewer viewers," Jessica Herrera-Flanigan, vice president of corporate affairs at Univision, said in the release.

"We stand by ready to find a path forward when Dish is ready to truly negotiate," said Bobby Amirshahi, senior vice president of corporate communications at Univision, in an email statement.
    THREADS:
    Man at Arms: Art of War
    El Rey Network and Shaw Brothers
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Season 2 premieres Oct 4 2018

Here's the facebook teaser trailer
    https://www.facebook.com/ElReyNetwor...e7U7ZQ&fref=nf
    Gene Ching