Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Man at Arms: Art of War - Original Series from EL REY Network with Gene Ching

For anyone across the pond

One of my castmates said we're on BLAZE in the U.K. I'm not sure what Blaze is but here's the link.

Man at Arms: Art of War
    Category: General Education/Science/Factual Topics
    Episode 1 | Season 1
    Blaze
    Freeview:63Sky:187
    Mon 18 Mar
    12:00am-1:00am (1 hour)

Weapons of Kung Fu Ancient China developed the honourable martial arts of kung fu, and as Danny Trejo reveals the required weapons needed incredible precision and expert handling
    I still have not heard about Season 3. A proposal was put in last year, but the last time I chatted with our showrunner, it had not been accepted yet. We haven't been cancelled so fingers crossed.

For those of you who have tuned in, thank you for your support!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Man at Arms: Art of War - Original Series from EL REY Network with Gene Ching

Mayday stars my Man at Arms: Art of War cast mate Crystal Santos (I gotta promote my cast mates here - except for Danny Trejo - I can't even keep up with all the stuff he puts out.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Storm Area 51

Well, if mi jefe de Hombres de Armas is in, I must follow.

Machete Star Danny Trejo Joins the Area 51 Raid
    By JENNA ANDERSON - July 15, 2019 04:57 pm EDT

The Internet is attempting to organize an event unlike any other, with over a million people volunteering on Facebook to storm the Air Force's secretive Area 51 base. Quite a lot of memes have spun out of this ordeal, including one from beloved actor Danny Trejo. On Monday, Trejo took to Twitter to share a screenshot of himself from Machete Kills in Space, with the caption that this would be him after leaving Area 51.

View image on Twitter

Danny Trejo

@officialDannyT
    After leaving #Area51

9:50 AM - Jul 15, 2019
    1,063 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Trejo, whose filmography also includes everything from From Dusk Til Dawn to The Flash, has become a sort of cult icon

For the uninitiated, Area 51 is a section of the Edwards Air Force Base in the Nevada desert. For decades, it's never been abundantly clear exactly what the base does, outside of evidence that it has been used to create experimental aircraft and weapons systems. Some have believed that the base is secretly hiding proof of extraterrestrial life, either through studying a crashed UFO or attempting to contact a new one.

The Area 51 movement has spun out of a viral Facebook event, which is appropriately named "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us". The page suggests that a giant group of people attempt to visit and "Naruto run" their way into the secretive military base and find out what extraterrestrial information they have.

"We will all meet up at the Area 51 Alien Center tourist attraction and coordinate our entry." the event's description reads. "If we [Naruto] run, we can move faster than their bullets. Lets see them aliens."

While the event is clearly a joke, the sheer number of people responding to it has since garnered an official response from the Air Force, who are apparently "ready to protect" the base should the event actually come to fruition.

“[Area 51] is an open training range for the US Air Force, and we would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area where we train American armed forces,” Air Force spokesperson Laura McAndrews said in a statement (via Yahoo). “The US Air Force always stands ready to protect America and its assets”.

The "Storm Area 51" event is theoretically scheduled for September 20th, and there's no telling if anyone will actually turn their digital RSVP into action. If they do, maybe Trejo will be a source of inspiration for them.

What do you think of Danny Trejo's take on the "Storm Area 51" event? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
    THREADS
    UFOs, space aliens & qigong
    Man at Arms: Art of War
    Machete Kills Again... In Space!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I saw promos for Seis Manos at SDCC last weekend and noticed mi jefe Danny Trejo from Man at Arms: Art of War was on the cast.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Mi jefe

When people ask me about Season 3, I tell them that we're on hiatus, probably because Danny is busy...saving babies trapped in cars and stuff.

Actor Danny Trejo comes to aid of baby that was trapped in overturned car
    Amanda Jackson
    By Amanda Jackson and Braden Walker, CNN
    Updated 8:18 AM ET, Thu August 8, 2019
    Actor Danny Trejo helps a baby out of overturned car

BEVERLY HILLS, CA - SEPTEMBER 09: Danny Trejo arrives for The Paley Center For Media's PaleyFest 2016 Fall TV Preview - El Rey at The Paley Center for Media on September 9, 2016 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Gabriel Olsen/FilmMagic)
    Actor Danny Trejo helps a baby out of overturned car

(CNN)One of Hollywood's best-known villains, Danny Trejo, came to the rescue of a baby that was trapped in an overturned vehicle in Los Angeles.
    It wasn't a stunt for an upcoming movie. It happened in real life on Wednesday.
    The actor jumped into action after witnessing two vehicles crash causing one to rollover. The overturned vehicle that was sitting on its roof still had a baby strapped into a car seat inside.

An car lies on its roof at the scene of Wednesday's accident.
    Trejo said he tried crawling in through a broken window but couldn't get the seat belt unhooked. With the help of another bystander, Monica Jackson, they were able to free the child.
    "The only thing that saved the little kid was his car seat," Trejo told a photographer on the scene.
    The Los Angeles Fire Department told CNN affiliate KABC that three people were taken to a hospital. Their injuries were not life threatening.
    "Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else," Trejo told CNN affiliate KABC. "Everything."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Danny is a paragon of work

Not only is he saving babies, voicing Seis Manos and storming Area 51, he's in another new show.

HEAT VISION
    Danny Trejo Joins Sci-Fi Series 'Paragon' (Exclusive)
    AUGUST 08, 2019 2:24AM by Alex Ritman

Danny Trejo in 'Paragon' | Credit: Pikchure Zero Entertainment

The 'Machete' star will battle for a slice of the afterlife following the destruction of Heaven.
    Machete is heading to the afterlife.

Danny Trejo — who this week generated headlines when he helped rescue a baby from an overturned vehicle in L.A. — has joined the cast of Pikchure Zero Entertainment’s new sci-fi action series Paragon, currently in production for a 2020 launch, and features in this exclusive first look from the show.

The series, soon out to networks, will encompass a seven-episode first season, with each 43-minute episode fixing on the human race as it deals with the obliteration of Heaven.

With only a small piece of the afterlife to live for, everyone, including Death himself, is fighting to claim the Elysian for themselves.

“We have always loved the sci-fi fantasy genre, and we wanted to create a series that explored one of the most intriguing questions of humanity," said Justin Price who, in addition to directing the episodes, produces alongside filmmaking partner Khu. "Where do we go when we die? And what would happen if Heaven no longer existed?”

Added Price: "Paragon is an edgier and grittier cable style series in the vein of Firefly and Altered Carbon. I believe we have an electric hybrid that explores the human spectrum of dealing with loss and love in a stylistic way. Danny Trejo is outstanding as Kincaid, the half-dead leader of disbanded reapers."

In addition to Trejo, Paragon — based on an idea by Price and Khu — stars Franziska Schissler, and Dilan Gwyn.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The Rise of Danny Trejo

This thread is slowing evolving into a Danny Trejo thread...

MILL VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES
    THE US & INTERNATIONAL PREMIERE OF
    INMATE #1: THE RISE OF DANNY TREJO

ON STAGE CONVERSATION WITH
    DANNY TREJO
    SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2019

The Mill Valley Film Festival is proud to announce a Special Presentation of the US & International Premiere of INMATE #1: THE RISE OF DANNY TREJO, featuring an onstage conversation with star DANNY TREJO.

About INMATE#1: THE RISE OF DANNY TREJO:
    With nearly 400—and counting!—film and television credits since 1985, Danny Trejo is one of the most prolific and recognizable actors around. But his remarkable ascent to beloved Hollywood hero notorious for tough guy roles in Heat, Breaking Bad, and the Machete series was as hard-earned as it was unexpected. In this moving, funny, and revealing portrait, Trejo candidly traces his own sensational out-of-the-ashes journey from troubled kid growing up in Pacoima, CA, to teenage drug addict and San Quentin prison inmate, to ubiquitous film star, restauranteur, philanthropist, and role model. With help from his most ardent champions, including his children, friends, and famous colleagues (Robert Rodriguez, Cheech Marin, and Michelle Rodriguez), Brett Harvey’s affecting profile is as raw and intimate as it is a buoyant celebration of an exceptional life, telling a story of unlikely survival, rare humility, and a profound transformation that led to a real-life Hollywood ending.

About Danny Trejo:
    Danny Trejo has had a prolific career in the entertainment industry, yet his road to success has been hard earned and anything but typical, from imprisonment to helping young people battle drug addiction, to acting and producing. Trejo has starred in dozens of films including Desperado, Heat, the From Dusk Till Dawn franchise, Con Air, Once Upon A Time In Mexico, the Spy Kids movies, Grindhouse, Machete, Machete Kills, Dead In Tombstone, and Muppets Most Wanted. Danny’s recent television work includes recurring roles on Sons of Anarchy and King of the Hill, and he has appeared on episodes of Modern Family and Breaking Bad, among others. Most recently, Trejo reunited with Robert Rodriguez for season two of El Rey’s TV series From Dusk Till Dawn. Trejo also regularly lends his voice to animated projects, including the WB feature Storks, Guillermo del Toro’s The Book of Life, regular roles on Netflix’s The Adventures of Puss in Boots and Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and will most recently be heard in the upcoming Dora and the Lost City of Gold.

TICKETS ON SALE TO CFI MEMBERS SEPT. 8 - 13
    TICKETS ON SALE TO GENERAL PUBLIC SEPT. 14
    EARLY BIRD TICKET PACKAGES ON SALE THROUGH AUGUST 30
    Any excuse to ttt this thread tho...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Now in German!

STAFFEL 2
    MAN AT ARMS - LEGENDÄRE KLINGEN DER POPKULTUR
    NÄCHSTE FOLGE, DONNERSTAG, 25.06., 20.15 UHR
    SENDUNGSENDETERMINEEPISODEN
    SENDUNG
    Ein Team aus Kampfkunstexperten und Meisterschmieden um den Actionstar Danny „Machete“ Trejo aus Hollywood stellt sich der Herausforderung, ikonische Waffen aus Film, Fernsehen und echter Geschichte mit modernen Techniken nachzubauen. In der zweiten Staffel geht es zum Beispiel um Schmiedekunst aus der Comicwelt oder aus „Game of Thrones“.

Geographic Restriction
    This content is not available in your location.
    NÄCHSTE FOLGE
    Verpassen Sie nicht die nächste Folge Man at Arms - Legendäre Klingen der Popkultur:

Donnerstag, 25.06., 20.15 Uhr
    I wonder if we're dubbed or subbed
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Man at Arms: Reforged is back!

Mind you, this is the original web series from AWE ME, not the El Rey Network TV show Man at Arms: Art of War where I appeared. Nevertheless, it's good to see Kerry again.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

El Rey Network goes dark

El Rey Network: Robert Rodriguez Channel to End on Thursday
    by Regina Avalos, December 30, 2020

El Rey Network is going dark. The channel, started by Robert Rodriguez in December 2013, is going off the air tomorrow. At its high point in March 2015, the network aired in 40 million households. Last November, that number was down to 33 million.

When Univision backed out of a partnership with the network in November of this year, that number dropped even more drastically. Earlier this month, only 13 million households still received El Rey Network, per Programming Insider.

The network aired “action genre films, beginning with From Dusk till Dawn: The Series, and reality, animation, and lifestyle programming.” Rodriguez announced that the network would come to an end earlier this month.
    I'm so saddened to hear this. Working for El Rey was one of the best jobs I've ever had.

I WILL ALWAYS RIDE WITH EL REY.

Threads
    El-Rey-Network-and-Shaw-Brothers
    Man-at-Arms-Art-of-War-Original-Series-from-EL-REY-Network-with-Gene-Ching
    June-Castro-s-FIGHT-FIT-Boot-Camp-on-El-Rey-Network
    The-Camacho-Experiment-on-El-Rey-Network
    Lucha-Underground-on-El-Rey-Network
    Bushido-Battleground-on-El-Rey-Network
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

We're back

Aug 8, 2021,09:20pm EDT|826

Robert Rodriguez's El Rey Cable Net Streams Back To Life With Cinedigm Partnership

Veronica Villafañe
    Contributor
    Hollywood & Entertainment
    I’m an expert in the Hispanic media industry.

Robert Rodriguez, Founder and Chairman of El Rey Network. MATT SAYLES/INVISION FOR EL REY NETWORK/AP IMAGES
    El Rey is coming back to life. Director Robert Rodriguez's struggling cable network, launched in 2013, came to an abrupt end December 31, 2020. When the niche cable net went off the air, fans hoped it would be revived, even suggesting he should launch an El Rey streaming channel. Well, that's apparently in the works.

El Rey Network, founded and owned by Rodriguez, John Fogelman and Cristina Patwa, and FactoryMade Ventures signed a partnership deal with streaming company Cinedigm. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The alliance will help El Rey transition from a linear to free ad-supported streaming channel. Cinedigm will have exclusive rights to El Rey’s content catalog and will exclusively distribute Rodriguez's feature film Red 11 and the companion docuseries Rebel Without A Crew: The Robert Rodriguez Film School.

Plans are for an El Rey over-the-top streaming service to be made available to all OTT distribution platforms, connected TVs, digital set-top boxes, media-streaming devices, as well as the web later this year. No date has been announced yet.

“El Rey has always been a network for the people - a mainstream outlet where we discover diverse, independent voices. The fact that we can also now make our catalogue of kick-ass programming available for free to all gives me enormous joy,” said Rodriguez. "As audiences move deliberately to streaming, it was important for me to democratize our platform so that the masses have the opportunity to see themselves in our lineup of curated, inclusive and entertaining content. This is a huge win in every way, and I want to thank Cinedigm for putting fans first with this new alliance."

Behind the scenes of the Red 11 docuseries "Rebel Without A Crew The Robert Rodriguez Film School." EL REY

Rodriguez envisioned creating a culturally diverse "action-packed, general entertainment network in English for Latino and general audiences." Among the cable net's original and popular programs: From Dusk Till Dawn, Lucha Underground, The Chuey Martinez Show, and The Director's Chair, a series of specials featuring Rodriguez interviewing other directors, including Quentin Tarantino, John Carpenter, Francis Ford Coppola and Guillermo del Toro.

“What was once only available to those with expensive cable packages is now available through a variety of mediums. The partnership with El Rey allows the channel to broaden its digital footprint, as well as expand the access of its incredible programming to audiences worldwide,” said Erick Opeka, President & Chief Strategy Officer at Cinedigm.

Rodriguez previously partnered with Univision before the network's launch in 2013, which helped in the promotion, sales and distribution. At the time, Univision was also trying to tap into the English-language Hispanic market. But the Spanish-language media efforts fizzled and El Rey struggled to find its audience and wide distribution on cable and satellite providers. The relationship with Univision ended in November 2020, a month before El Rey ceased operations.

Taking a full dive into the streaming space will give El Rey broader and direct access to its fan base. Cinedigm’s president is confident its strong advertising partner relationships "will allow the channel to generate substantial advertising revenue among a key demographic in the growing AVOD & FAST space.”
    threads
    https://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum...ith-Gene-Ching
    El-Rey-Network-and-Shaw-Brothers
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I just heard over the web. I don't know anything more but the condolences on his fb page.

Sae was a stuntman who worked on Man at Arms with me. He was one of the stunt crew that I included in one of the interviews - MAN AT ARMS: ART OF WAR – SEASON 2: DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME.

We hit it off and kept up an occasional correspondence. I'm shocked to hear of his passing.

threads
    RIP Surawit Sae Kang
    Man-at-Arms-Art-of-War-Original-Series-from-EL-REY-Network-with-Gene-Ching
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene Ching Guest - Man at Arms - Forge and Foundry Podcast

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips