Thread: Atomic Blonde

Hybrid View

Atomic Blonde

Nice single shot fight sequence in the beginning from Charlize. Looks promising.

If Charlize does a sword fight in this, I will lose it.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Atomic Blonde Trailer

Atomic Blonde - Official Trailer #2 [HD]

Looks like Charlize could teach Iron Fist a move or two.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Atomic Blonde - Fight Like a Girl [HD]

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

“Doing a love scene with guys is different, but I enjoy both,” Theron smiled.

July 18, 2017

Charlize Theron Dishes on Sex Scenes with Men and Women

Getty

Charlize Theron is dangerously beautiful as lethal assassin Lorraine in her new action thriller “Atomic Blonde.” “Extra’s” Terri Seymour sat down with the actress in Berlin, where she opened up on that racy love scene with Sofia Boutella that everyone is talking about!

Theron shared the hottest love scene ever with Boutella, who plays a French spy, something she said was easy. She explained, “With Sofia, it was easy just because were both dancers and you have to choreograph those scenes quite a bit. Otherwise, they just become silly. There is a technical aspect to it, so with her it was really easy because she thinks like me because we’re dancers. We shot that scene in, like, 45 minutes and with the guys, they’re not dancers, so, it takes a bit more work. I enjoy both — yes!”

“Doing a love scene with guys is different, but I enjoy both,” Theron smiled.

The 41-year-old got into the best shape of her life for the movie, which required her to do some fight scenes. Theron commented, “We always wanted to raise the bar a little, but with the action, we wanted it to still feel that a woman could do all of that stuff — that was important for me as a woman, I wanted it to feel authentic, so no one can say a woman can’t do that.” She went on to point out, “I’m going to be 42 in August, very proud to say, ladies.”

Her training for the film did take a toll on her body. The Oscar winner chipped two teeth during her combat training, saying, “I went through the first two surgeries before we started the film, and then I wrapped the movie and had another two surgeries and I still have one more.”

The single mom to 6-year-old Jackson and nearly 2-year-old August don’t realize how cool she is. She said, “They don’t think I’m cool at all! I was singing in the car the other day and Jackson was like, ‘Mom, can you not sing, please? Stop doing that.'”

“Atomic Blonde” is in theaters July 28.
    I got invited to a screener but unfortunately I can't make it. So bummed.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

fourth root canal

Daaaanng. Charlize - RESPECT.

MARCH 29, 2017 11:01am PT by Aaron Couch
    'Atomic Blonde': Charlize Theron Having "Fourth Root Canal" After Cracking Teeth On Set

Theron shared the gritty details at CinemaCon.

Charlize Theron brought Atomic Blonde to CinemaCon — even as she's still getting over the damage from the film's stunts.

Theron stars as an undercover MI6 agent, who's operating during the Cold War. The film is from John Wick filmmaker David Leitch, who is set to helm the upcoming Deadpool 2. It also stars The Mummy's Sofia Boutella, James McAvoy, John Goodman and Toby Jones.

Theron's journey started when her production company was sent an unpublished graphic novel five years ago and it grabbed her attention.
    "She's a *****," Theron deadpanned when asked to describe her character.

Leitch spoke about the fight-fest that includes long uncut scenes, saying it's not for everyone — it requires an actor who doesn't mind getting beat up and even cracking her teeth.

"I'm going in for my fourth root canal tomorrow. Thanks David," said Theron.

They showed a new look at the film, which included Theron's character beating someone up with her shoe and plenty from McAvoy providing some comic relief (and looking cool doing it).

The film is set as Theron's character is called in to Berlin five days before the Berlin Wall falls, and she joins a colorful world where spies have gone rogue.

Atomic Blonde is set for a July 28 release.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips