Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bare Knuckle

Bare Knuckle

Come on down. There is still plenty of talent on our streets. You will have to fight under their rules. The rules change block to block. Usually there is no cash prize. Bragging rights and massive testosterone boost.

Take it to the ground here and might as well post a sign on your face saying " Kick me hard in the teeth." That's what the other guys brother will do to you.

Now modern bare knuckle simulates but is not the same as older rules. Even back then. Rules varied from town to town. Styles changed to fit rules and to beat current styles under those rules while staying inside the rules.

This looks like sloppy stuff right ? But you are missing the fact most guys drop first face shot. These boys are tuff even if they are sort of fat and sloppy. But they are using modern boxing almost predominately here. Hence the need for wraps. They still want the fast and furious of todays ring methods.

Also notice how the hand cover to protect against left swings and hooks fails most of the time with no glove on. It was one of the main reason boxers across the board tended to take an almost side stance and relying on stepping or swaying back to avoid that shot. Todays boxers tend to lean forward as hitting that way is a bit more powerful. Old times tended to lean back in their stances.

Guys like Mendoza took more of a peekaboo and likely used guard strategy similar to that video by Dan Djurdjevic. Here-

Also, most old methods used standing grappling for infighting. Tossing you hard to the ground. Depending on area. Shin kicking was potentially acceptable.

Ducking was frowned on because you got a knee straight to the face. Bending forward to duck meant you got hacked to the back of the neck. Think chop.

You can see the boys trying to use that elbow spear cover because the fist cover fails so they try to use a larger shield for that smaller fist. Also seeing hacking here. Using hammer fists.

Rules changed. Where you at ? Ghost Town ? Wont find that on a map.

Even our chicks will beat your ass

This one is great, She uses the car, LMFAO.

Someone brought a bat...LOL

That's thai kick ROC style

This is what happens when you break the rules

Happens all day every day

Oh get out of your car and some dude will come up asking you for money. Current story is "man, you got a 5 for gas. Im from Buffalo or some ****e. My daughter is in the car and we are just trying to get home. Or Man, you got some cash for some fix a flat, The rest of the story stays the same. Don't get out of your car and keep the engine on.LMFAO. You might just get mugged depending on the street. Mostly you are okay. I love it here. Just kids having fun. Dangerous fun it is though.

Another fine Irish Day in Rochester

How come Scottish people don't have their own day ? Not fair dudes ! F--k the Irish. I want my own day too.https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=beb_1489355327

Ahhh, one of my best friends is Irish. Im better looking. And taller. And can kick is a-s. But he packs a piece so I refrain now.

john l. sullivan

billy,

s'funny- the other week I was watching that first vid. u posted in the thread and some other irish videos on bare-knuckle boxing. I was thinking of doing this thread here but just didn't get around to it. Glad you did!
    here is an oldie: John L. Sullivan. Boxing's last bare-knuckle champion, himself having converted to wearing gloves. a short 5 minute video:

https://youtu.be/kpu8H1AH6ek

Thanks Matt. I'll give it a look. Post away buddy. Add whatever.