Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bare Knuckle

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/rochester...-shooting.html

Always someone willing to gut you in a bar around here. I stay out of those places now. Guns fights happen now too.

Girl fight again

Chancery and holding works. Which is why old times wore no clothing on their torsos. Heck, just watch Hockey. Rochester is a Hockey Town too.

In regards to the first video. Talk of trying to get it legalized. No gloves and it is doubtful. MMA gloves and you will likely see some serious damage to guys faces and deaths that's exceed acceptable allowance in other sports. You put MMA gloves on some of those guys and its like getting hit by bat. So, I doubt it will ever go legal. But if it did. It would make a lot of money. Probably exceed MMA levels quickly. I think historically boxing has almost always made more cash than any other combative sport. It is just what people prefer mostly.

That's one problem with grappling. Much is boring to watch unless you are a grappler. So the fan base is niched. MMA opened grappling based arts a larger audience but it still pales compared to boxing. People want to see that knock out from a hard punch. They love it. I also think people believe there is somehow something fair and pure about just punching.

One on one. I think grappling is superior usually and for most people. But the dollars will never be there at the same level.

Joe Rogan. Again, not a real fan of his or follow him. But sometimes I see a video of his in the line up and will click it. I don't hate the guy just not a fan. I like Eddies conspiracy stuff though. Guy is a hoot.

But Rogan once made a comment that an average wrestler could beat Floyd Mayweather. Ive never cared for Floyed myself by the way. But to Joes assertion I will mostly agree with that. But Floyed could also get the timing right and knock the dude out cold first shoot. But my money would be on the wrestler.

Now Joe and all those guys BJJ and MMA always talk about I can beat this guy and that guy. And it goes back to RULES. Why is it they only ofer to fight under their rules ? They are the ones that want the fights . Then some wise as-- wil say well we offered and got turned down. Yes you did. Know why ? You are not ranked but most importantly you have nothing to offer. Bring cash to the table. Like 50 million. I bet he takes the fight under his rules and slaps a foul clause. You foul and you lose and Floyed goes home 50 million richer.

But that's the thing with MMA and GJJ. You always have to fight them under their rules. That's the offer. How about MMA fights under Sanda rules ? Or Shuai Jiao
    rules ? The answer is it is not real or complete fighting. But if it is supposed to be real fighting how come Ive never seen completely MMA kind of fights on the street as a rule ? Or what about in bars when you get glassed or bottled or pig stuck or chaired or ash trayed ? Is that fake stuff that never happens or works ?

That's one big thing I I frown on with MMA guys. You have to fight them under their rules. Which is fine if you challenge them. But if they challenge you. They should fight under your rules. Now the Gracies did offer cash but it was their rules and no one knew how to defend it back then. They also banked on the fact most people do not want to seriously injure or kill another person. You see, most people regardless their background don't want to kill and main someone else. People tend to be instinctively good in that regard.

So, I suggest Joe puts up 50 million and offers to meet Floyd in the boxing ring under boxing rules. Otherwise STFU. Even Eddie refuses to fight MMA. He would get killed.

Just like the CLF boys showing up to fight Thais under their rules. Or the Kyokushin boys. Or the Marines that were willing to keep elbows and knees in the game and the Thais backed out and said kicks and punches and the Marines won with just hands. Ive looked and looked but the guy who owned the tape never uploaded it. He was a Marine LT that was a Marine boxer as well. My brothers friend. Take that stuff away and it is almost like PKA and that sport was mostly boxing based with 8 kick minimum. Lots of boxers that did poor in boxing made some cash in PKA.

How come the Gracies never offered to take on Eric Knaus ? They were going to debut full contact weapons fighting at UFC 1 but decided it was to brutal ? But it is their art and it is a weapons art. Hand comes after weapons. So why not against a rattan stick with a guy that could also bang with his joints and had some grappling skills at that time ? Or facing a guy with say a wooden tanto. Think that would be a good hold break if shoved into say the ribs ? Heck, Royce bring a club inside too. The Dog Brothers were game but nope. That not fair ? Oh barehanded only. They made the rules. NO rules until Jon Hess eye gouged. Oh yeah, We had that rule. No fish hooking either. Ah, someone willing to main and maybe kill showed up but the Gracies did not face him. Another fighter did. Pretty sure Royce drew Yarborough and the name went back in the hat, LOL. He would have been crushed. So Kieth Hackney got the draw and dropped Yarborough with a kung fu strike one could almost say straight out of CLF but truthfully it came by way of Jimmy Wing Woo via John McSweeney.

Anyway. Just bones to pick. MMA pros are tough dudes that no one wants to face under their rules or without rules. Period. But most would get beat under others rules. Same for the rest of us. I also respect the Gracie completely and what they brought to the table. They could beat most of us me included.

For those that never heard of Eric

This vid is so satisfying...

Yeah. It sure is.

Just like that knock out game crap. PUNKS. We had a rush of that around here too. Then with the cops and real tough guys out on the street hoping someone tried to blind side them. It toned down fairly fast. Lots of people here are packing and I have no doubt prayed they could waste someone. We have our share of killers here. Not psychos but would love nothing more than to end someone for the public good. I personally prefer non violent means whenever possible but not everyone is like me. My way seems to suck. LOL.

London, where everyone pockets a knife for human use

WORSE THAN PRISON !!!!!!!!!

Speaking of prison

Welcome to our cell.

At 3:18 a guy uses his shirt as a blinder

Had some black boys sent up from NYC to a home and they got sent to my school. One was a master of tossing his wind breaker over a guys head and pounding his face. Tall , skinny kid. First time I ever saw that. Never used it. he and his friend used to practice it on gym class, LOL. Im serious.

Even cops got in on illegal action- When Kimbo ran out of gas

He was one seriously scary dude.

His MMA fights were not as good

but MMA guys are welcome to fight in those street matches. Some will manage. Most will lose.