Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Central Line Bong Sau vs. Center Line Bong Sau

Can this 3 stage block and slow step around work in that kind of venue? Seems unlikely..

There's nothing wrong with straight forward, even application based. But if you are going to go that route then there isn't room for superfluous stuff, redundant actions, impractical or untested material. And you need to be very strong, incredibly fast, and very very tough. What's stupid is being application based and predictable but also thinking you have something that is going to avoid you having to trade punches and be hit a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Here's a karate style that focuses on blind side attacks. They make it work by use of the gi to hold the opponent where they want them. Even then it happens infrequently in their tournaments with evenly matched competitors and mostly it looks like regular knockdown karate. By contrast TWC looks nowhere near as robust and practical.

Highlights

Yep, the Wing Chun that I used to win in fights really sucks. Would you please teach me how to win correctly? I'll learn anything that works regardless of where it comes from.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Omt, guy b. Do you have any videos of you doing Wing Chun online? It'd be great to see how Wing Chun should be properly done
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Yep, the Wing Chun that I used to win in fights really sucks. Would you please teach me how to win correctly? I'll learn anything that works regardless of where it comes from.
    Omt, guy b. Do you have any videos of you doing Wing Chun online? It'd be great to see how Wing Chun should be properly done
    Where are the videos of you winning fights?

Do you think if guy b. doesn't post videos, or can't do better, that your stuff is automatically assumed realistic?

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way!

You put it out there, so it is fair game to comment. If you find comment to be difficult to handle then suggest you don't post content on youtube.

TBH though, I would never normally comment on TWC because it doesn't interest me. Do whatever you like. The reason for comment is to answer trolling by KPM who is using your system as a device to stir

You put it out there, so it is fair game to comment. If you find comment to be difficult to handle then suggest you don't post content on youtube.

TBH though, I would never normally comment on TWC because it doesn't interest me. Do whatever you like. The reason for comment is to answer trolling by KPM who is using your system as a device to stir
    You are so full of crxP that I can smell you from here!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    You are so full of crxP that I can smell you from here!
    Nice troll comment defending your totally non-trolling behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Nice troll comment defending your totally non-trolling behavior.
    So tell me, when did I "troll" anyone to make them comment on TWC as Guy B. claims?

So tell me, when did I "troll" anyone to make them comment on TWC as Guy B. claims?
    Perhaps as you continued to argue against the obvious, basically this whole thread.

If anyone is to take you seriously, they must believe you are a complete MA newb.

Perhaps as you continued to argue against the obvious, basically this whole thread.

If anyone is to take you seriously, they must believe you are a complete MA newb.
    So tell me again, who is the one "trolling" here? With that comment, it certainly isn't me!

I tried to explain how the T step works to you, and provided multiple examples. But you wouldn't see any of it, despite the fact that you have never actually studied the T step in TWC. So then you switched it around to turn it into an argument about Cheung's hand techniques. When Phil chimed in to say he had used the T step in sparring matches effectively you refused to take him at his word. Yet you say I have been "trolling" through-out this whole thread? Dude, you are really something!

I tried to explain how the T step works to you, and provided multiple examples. But you wouldn't see any of it,
    I understand how the T-step works. It's not rocket science. Phil didn't accomplish it that time.

When Phil chimed in to say he had used the T step in sparring matches effectively you refused to take him at his word.
    Why should I or anyone else? Skepticism is trolling in your world? Makes sense.

All recent threads on this forum?

You lie, you conveniently forget things, you stir, you intentionally misunderstand anything you are told, and you dishonestly use trojan horses like TWC as an arguing device, upsetting people like Phil in the process.

The only other viable option is that you are a particularly stupid person. In which case my condolences.

Don't see much point in continung discusion either way.

Why should I or anyone else? Skepticism is trolling in your world? Makes sense.
    Everything is equal, all must have prizes, there is no reality. So KPM = complete moron or trolling ****. Why bother talking to him?

All recent threads on this forum?

You lie, you conveniently forget things, you stir, you intentionally misunderstand anything you are told, and you dishonestly use trojan horses like TWC as an arguing device, upsetting people like Phil in the process.

The only other viable option is that you are a particularly stupid person. In which case my condolences.

Don't see much point in continung discusion either way.
    Well, let's see. I started a thread showing how the TWC Chum Kiu form can also be done with the knives and on the dummy and asked if anyone else tried training that way. Trolling? Stirring? Lying? I don't think so.

I started a thread on a cool wooden dummy design. Trolling? Stirring? Lying? I don't think so.

I started a thread on two interpretations of the Bong Sau. LJF made it about the footwork. So I did my best to explain the T step. Then LFJ turned it into an argument. Trolling? Stirring? Lying? I don't think so.

I started a thread on "application-based" vs. "non-application based" training. I knew it would be a controversial topic with you guys, but thought it would be intereting and get others involved in the discussion. Trolling? Stirring? Lying? I don't think so.

However, you are a guy that got permanently banned from MT. Then you came back twice (maybe 3 times) under a faked identity and lied to everyone on the forum about who you were just so you could continue to cause trouble. Trolling? Stirring? Lying? Yes indeed!

So maybe you shouldn't be lecturing others!