Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Line Bong Sau vs. Center Line Bong Sau

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    Un less theres truth to a theory I've heard that William Cheung learned it from Garrett Li��
    That is not true , it is actually the opossite .

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    YM never had anything to do with TWC. Cheung quite obviously invented the style, copying superficial bits and pieces from others.
    Exactly , and making it look attractive , like kung fu from old movies

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    So it sounds like your answer is "no, I am not going to share anything about my Wing Chun" and "yes, I am only here to criticize and tear down others"!!!!
    I already shared it for anyone to read.

Anyone has the right to comment on things freely posted to a public forum.

Don't like other opinions? Don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    The guy said that we stay wher the power is. That's not the case. Seeing some demos doesn't mean a person knows what's really going on.
    There is no secret to TWC, no imperceptible level.

It's very plain to see where you're standing in relation to the opponent and what blocks you're using.

It would be great to see some of his applications.
    I don't do applications.

I cool with sharing mine because they've been tested. We have monthly amateur full contact fights at my L.A. school. Anyone is welcome to fight.
    Those are your fights you're talking about? At your own school?

I saw some pretty mismatched amateur fights, but still no one getting to the blindside.

Any video where this TWC strategy you guys are always on about actually works?

It's very plain to see where you're standing in relation to the opponent and what blocks you're using.

I don't do applications.

I saw some pretty mismatched amateur fights, but still no one getting to the blindside.

All fights don't have to be blindside and amateur fights are better than none at all. Any vids of you out there? With regards to applications there are many on the Jong.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

The new rumor is the William Cheung learned a Triad version of Wing Chun. The main point here is that I don't care where it comes from. It's been working for me. If yours works for you then I'm happy for you. I would never throw shade on what you do because it's different.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I really believe what Wing Chun needs is full contact events. I can host in L.A. and I can find other venues as well. Just contact me on FB messenger. We need to stop the BS posturing and trash talking and fight to see what works and what doesn't. That way we can make the art we love better.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I don't do applications.

Yes, there are fights at my own school. People from other schools come to fight monthly. But we also had fights at the Manup Standup in NY. Here's my grand student's first fight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP05PC3ReW0
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Jab, uppercut, hook drill

In this video you'll see a drill against a jab, uppercut, hook,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7uQcWZ8IMk
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

This fight isn't Wing Chun but these are some of the guys that come to my school to fight. The guy with the long hair also does MMA.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmHHmDsw8EE
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

The guy with the black shin guards is Wing Chun. It's late now but I have lots of footage of our fights. Please share yours as well.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxR__isNEBQ I even have a clip of one of our guys doing a trap during a full contact match. But I don't have time to waste showing things to people. I'm done. I'm easy to find. It's always better in person.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    That is not true , it is actually the opossite .
    Yes!!!! That's what I've always known.Again, he learned from Ip Man Sijo. So he knew
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Ok. I've studied Ip Man Wing Chun under Augustine Fong. I've studied Pin Sun Wing Chun under Henry Mui. And I've studied TWC. None of the three was either more or less "application based" than the others.
    Bad news for Augustine Fong and Pin Sun Wing Chun :-(

Unless maybe you just failed to notice what was going on? Doesn't leave many other options

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Bad news for Augustine Fong and Pin Sun Wing Chun :-(

Unless maybe you just failed to notice what was going on? Doesn't leave many other options
    Only for the lack of fighting. My own Sigong Wong Shun Leung got his ass handed to him in one of the only competitions he ever entered
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

All fights don't have to be blindside
    But the thing is, just about every application in TWC is about getting to the blindside.

So, I'm just wondering why we never see anyone do any blindside stuff in any fights.

With regards to applications there are many on the Jong.
    Of course there are in TWC. It's an application-based system.

Which begs the question why we never see those blindside applications...applied.

Yes, there are fights at my own school. People from other schools come to fight monthly. But we also had fights at the Manup Standup in NY.
    You mean when you say "I am a former full contact competitor" you're talking about in your own school?

In other words, there's no way to verify that you've applied blindside applications in quality full contact fights?

I don't want to doubt you, but the time to believe something is when there is sufficient evidence for it.
    I've just never seen TWC's T-step to the blindside with 3-4 blocks on the same punch actually work for real.

In this video you'll see a drill against a jab, uppercut, hook,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7uQcWZ8IMk
    And what were they supposed to be doing?

I even have a clip of one of our guys doing a trap during a full contact match.
    You mean this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WSCcj6PbLo

They were terribly mismatched in skill and experience.
    The opponent was scared and had no idea what he was doing.

He kept putting his head down and his hands out to avoid getting hit in the face.
    Doesn't take much skill to grab someone's arms when they give them to you like that.

But since TWC is all about trapping arms and getting to the blindside, you'd think we'd see him at least get to the blindside once in such a mismatched fight, or that we'd see more regular trapping than just this one instance from this one guy against a very inexperienced and scared opponent.