Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Line Bong Sau vs. Center Line Bong Sau

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    I don't know who is that Eric guy but William's books , at least those early ones I had are insult to intelligence . His principles are superficial , not well explaind, he tires to make a connection to traditional chinese medicine and Taoism , uses too many words , like some one other erson we all know today to explain simplest things , repacking and renaming something all have and know very well. Everything he does in his books is talking crap about Leung Ting's WT constantly poining out how his system is superior .
    Zuti, you obviously had a very negative experience of TWC and have a heavy bias against it. I hope you have now found something that suits you better. All I can tell you is that when I studied it I did not find what you have been describing. The principles taught were no more "superficial" than any other version of Wing Chun I have been exposed to. Cheung isn't the only one that tries to connect their Wing Chun to TCM and Taoism. Gary Lam also uses TCM 5 element theory in explanations of his Wing Chun. Wayne Belonoha put a lot of TCM stuff in his book on Moy Yat Wing Chun.

Eric Oram is one of Cheung's senior students in the US. He is Robert Downey Jr's instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    He does. Not my fault if you don't know what you are looking at. And the T step is used for more than just going to the blindside.
    Everything you've shown for it so far— Phil and Cheung's demos— has been about getting to the blindside.
    That's what TWC is all about. It's endless application to and on the blindside.

Yet, in 12 minutes of fighting no one managed to get to the blindside even once! Not even in the first terribly mismatched fight.

In the last video, the only time he tries a T-step is when he's several feet away from the opponent, trying to be clever and sneak to his outside, but then launches his attack from several feet away and takes a kick to the gut for it.

The rest of the time all he's doing is rushing straight in with chain punches, none of which land, and he mostly catches hooks for his trouble.

So, at what timestamp does he use a T-step that accomplishes anything for him?

I know what I can expect the answer to be.

You need to stop being so critical of something you know only from watching a few youtube clips.
    I've seen TWC in person, too. It's all the same thing as on YT, all about blindside applications; keeping distance and attacking the arm as you try to circle around.

What more you know is from books you've read, and it's nothing different either.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Everything you've shown for it so far— Phil and Cheung's demos— has been about getting to the blindside.

Yet, in 12 minutes of fighting no one managed to get to the blindside even once! Not even in the first terribly mismatched fight.

In the last video, the only time he tries a T-step is when he's several feet away from the opponent, trying to be clever and sneak to his outside, but then launches his attack from several feet away and takes a kick to the gut for it.

The rest of the time all he's doing is rushing straight in with chain punches, none of which land, and he mostly catches hooks for his trouble.

I've seen TWC in person, too. It's all the same thing as on YT, all about blindside applications; keeping distance and attacking the arm as you try to circle around.

What more you know is from books you've read, and it's nothing different either.
    I'll say it again....you don't know what you are talking about. But you go on believing whatever you want to believe. It is pretty clear that you don't care what I have to say. There is obviously nothing I can say that will change your opinion because you are just looking for something to argue about.

And of couse, the answer is no answer at all!

I don't think you believe yourself either, but you already went too far endorsing this stuff to admit it now.

And of couse, the answer is no answer at all!

I don't think you believe yourself either, but you already went too far endorsing this stuff to admit it now.
    Still arguing??

Still not getting the basic ideas here? These technology cannot be valued in a vacuum.their value is cooperative!!!. They must be weighted in the heat of the moment. .T step, for instance, has certain value with a trade off. Every one talks about VT like they took it at a goddam seminar
    Wing Chun is currently an ADDITIVE PROSESS. FEW HAVE EARNED The right to reduce.
    Reduced cannot happen with out through , not just understanding​ but complete respect of what is already been transferred...Oh and actual Experience!!!!!!!.
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 04-01-2017 at 04:32 PM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

I know there are many who aren't from HK Ip Man VT.So for the most part I can only address Honger Kung Fuers... Think of Ip Man. Every thing you know and have been endlessly arguing about came from the same mind..The same soul. You really don't get it???
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 04-01-2017 at 04:29 PM.

C'mon it's a Chinese thing.

Exactly , application based style with only one idea and countless ways to stop one punch with three or four blocks .

Zuti, you obviously had a very negative experience of TWC and have a heavy bias against it. I hope you have now found something that suits you better. All I can tell you is that when I studied it I did not find what you have been describing. The principles taught were no more "superficial" than any other version of Wing Chun I have been exposed to. Cheung isn't the only one that tries to connect their Wing Chun to TCM and Taoism. Gary Lam also uses TCM 5 element theory in explanations of his Wing Chun. Wayne Belonoha put a lot of TCM stuff in his book on Moy Yat Wing Chun.

Eric Oram is one of Cheung's senior students in the US. He is Robert Downey Jr's instructor.
    Well , if you were exposed to WCK no better that TWC then you really have no luck .

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    Every thing you know and have been endlessly arguing about came from the same mind.
    What an insult to YM and his VT!

This is awesome!!!! Your passion is genuine. Just think... Every thing from Ip Man wing Chun comes from Ip Man.We didn't change it. It is how he transmitted it in the first place.Its like a puzzle.

What an insult to YM and his VT!
    And, if you are insulting​ my respect of my house, What do you say???

Every thing from Ip Man wing Chun comes from Ip Man.We didn't change it. It is how he transmitted it in the first place.Its like a puzzle.
    TWC did not come from YM.

And, if you are insulting​ my respect of my house, What do you say???
    No idea what you're talking about.

Still arguing??
    I think we're done, now that your argument has come to the end of its road.