Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Application Based vs. Non-Application Based Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I don't have the idea that it is somehow lacking lurking in my subconscious as you so obviously do in terms of the training you have done. And that is not surprising, seeing what you do and listening to how you think about the system.

---No, it is exactly the opposite. I don't have some subconscious sense of lacking. You two have this subconscious sense of superiority, the snobbish sense that your WSLVT is so much better than everyone else's Wing Chun, that comes across in nearly every discussion. Its part of how both of you post. Its inherent in what you just said above. Maybe you are not even aware of it? That's what rubs me the wrong way.

---And for someone that showed up in MT at least twice and maybe three times after being banned under a faked identity to lie to the forum members and continue to stir up trouble, you really don't have room to lecture anyone else!
    Can i ask why are you bothering with this again? It's the same none answers everyone has been getting for years from these guys, the only one of them to actually put up a clip was Kevin and that was by accident and well, would you like to train with someone who performs like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Can i ask why are you bothering with this again? It's the same none answers everyone has been getting for years from these guys, the only one of them to actually put up a clip was Kevin and that was by accident and well, would you like to train with someone who performs like that?
    Yeah, you are absolutely right Frost. I started the discussion thinking it would be interesting and get people here involved in posting again. But even though the thread has over 1500 hits, not many have bothered to contribute to the discussion. Dave stopped posting when it became clear that all he was going to get was vague answers and diversions. I did get better clarification of where they are coming from though, so not a total waste. But you are right in that you will never find a clip of LFJ or Guy B. on the internet!!! Or just about anyone from WSLVT putting on the gear and sparring.
    Last edited by KPM; 04-08-2017 at 01:30 PM.

I'll leave this here for those that look down their noses at "application-based" training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2O6mQkFiiw
    Last edited by KPM; 04-08-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Oh man! Should I post videos of Wayne Yung for comparison??? That guy looks like he is about to fall over about half the time!
    This an argumen on the level of the 4 years old " my daddy is stroger than your daddy". Ok I admit ,TWC is the only original wck style superior to all others, It has no structure , nor power generation method but who cares , the important thing is what you believe.
    Last edited by zuti car; 04-08-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Gee, you wander back in after a couple of years and nothings changed

Or just about anyone from WSLVT putting on the gear and sparring.
    OMG! This same lie again?!

You have been shown sparring clips on this forum as well as on MartialTalk. Each time, you have had good things to say about it.

Then months later, you go back to the same LIE that you've never seen WSLVT in sparring!

So, what is it? Is that old case of amnesia flaring up again, or are you just a bitter troll?!

Your post on this forum from 3 years ago!
    Good clip! Thanks! And the sparring even looked like Wing Chun!
    Your post on the MT forum 1 year ago!
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM
    I will say, that PB himself light-sparring looks very similar to PB doing his Chi Sau/Lop Sau training. Now how hard was that LFJ?
    "How hard was that" you asked! Yet, here you are again LYING about what you've been shown.

This has always been your last resort go-to lie. And here we are again.

I'll leave this here for those that look down their noses at "application-based" training.
    Another lie.

Nobody is looking down their noses at application-based training, only UNREALISTIC applications!

KPM bothers with this always and forever. It is like a life-quest for him.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Another lie.

Nobody is looking down their noses at application-based training, only UNREALISTIC applications!
    Exactly, very hard to take seriously the questions of a known liar.

Given that nearly all MA is application based, that many WSL VT people do application based training in other systems (KPM knows this), and that many find it useful (KPM also knows this), it is hard to gather the motivation to engage.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Exactly, very hard to take seriously the questions of a known liar.

Given that nearly all MA is application based, that many WSL VT people do application based training in other systems (KPM knows this), and that many find it useful (KPM also knows this), it is hard to gather the motivation to engage.
    The thing that gets me is how we'll say something numerous times, and he'll still turn right around and accuse us of the exact opposite!

Here are 3 examples from this very thread where I made it clear there's nothing inherently wrong with application-based training and where exactly the problem lies.

Being application-based is not negative, unless your applications are unrealistic like TWC's.

This has been explained to you.
    This is pre-planning, and this is 1:1 application. There is nothing wrong with this approach, so long as your applications aren't unrealistic.
    Most MAs are application-based, and that's fine. It's only negative if your applications are unrealistic.
    And I know you, guy, made at least a couple posts expressing the same view as well.

But on the very next page we still get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2O6mQkFiiw
    Now, this person is either clearly a compulsive liar or just autistic.

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    This an argumen on the level of the 4 years old " my daddy is stroger than your daddy". Ok I admit ,TWC is the only original wck style superior to all others, It has no structure , nor power generation method but who cares , the important thing is what you believe.
    I've never said it was superior to all others. I'm simply pointing out that you are wrong about it having no structure or power generation method. I'm also pointing out that "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Your Snake Crane Wing Chun is nothing to brag about from everything I've seen. You've made several statements about TWC that just don't match what I've learned. So I can only assume you had a pretty terrible instructor, or you didn't pay very good attention.

The thing that gets me is how we'll say something numerous times, and he'll still turn right around and accuse us of the exact opposite!

Now, this person is either clearly a compulsive liar or just autistic.
    And yet, your comments about TWC is that is it clearly just all "application-based" hence it can be learned in minutes. Now tell me that isn't taking a negative view of something being "application-based".

This is the typical modus operandi for you guys. You say one thing, but then clearly have a different intent behind your posting. Yet you call me a "troll" and a "liar."

This whole thread could have been a good back and forth discussion, but you guys immediately made it nasty and personal. And yet you call me a "troll."

Same on the Bong Sau thread. I did my best to describe the T step to you, but you turned it into an argument and got nasty with every criticism of TWC that you could. Yet you call me a "troll."

And yet, your comments about TWC is that is it clearly just all "application-based" hence it can be learned in minutes.
    It is, and can.

Now tell me that isn't taking a negative view of something being "application-based".
    It's not. It's a negative view of TWC.

This is the typical modus operandi for you guys. You say one thing, but then clearly have a different intent behind your posting. Yet you call me a "troll" and a "liar."
    There is no different intent. You are either a troll, liar, autistic, or just can't read.

This whole thread could have been a good back and forth discussion, but you guys immediately made it nasty and personal.
    I've kept it technical the whole way until you turned around and blatantly lied about what I just said, actually repeated numerous times.

Same on the Bong Sau thread. I did my best to describe the T step to you, but you turned it into an argument and got nasty with every criticism of TWC that you could.
    I disagreed with you. Never got nasty.

I've kept it technical the whole way until you turned around and blatantly lied about what I just said, actually repeated numerous times.

I disagreed with you. Never got nasty.
    Really? Here is your very first post on this thread:

The sad thing? You've started similar threads years ago to have this explained to you by at least 5 people.

You didn't get it then, and still don't now.

If it bothers you that much and you are interested enough to keep coming back to this topic year after year, just go to a VT school already and find out about it!

Otherwise just give up.

You don't think that was personal and somewhat nasty???

You don't think that was personal and somewhat nasty???
    Not at all. Just an observation and practical suggestion.

9 pages later, you still haven't gotten it. Should have listened.