Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Application Based vs. Non-Application Based Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by wckf92 View Post
    Interesting to see the skill improvements of the dude in the red tank top. If I recall correctly, this was the high ranking twc dude who threw in the towel and went to train under Bayer(?). Couple of years ago?
    Yes. 2010. He still has all the old videos up from his TWC days, including with Cheung, so you can see the contrast between then and now.
    He was always enthusiastic and talented, but his skill has improved exponentially since getting into a good system.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Yes. 2010. He still has all the old videos up from his TWC days, including with Cheung, so you can see the contrast between then and now.
    He was always enthusiastic and talented, but his skill has improved exponentially since getting into a good system.
    Given that Bayer's system seems to be centered around Chi Sau, that shouldn't be any surprise. Now show me the same guy displaying an exponential improvement in his free-sparring ability and I'll be more impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Given that Bayer's system seems to be centered around Chi Sau, that shouldn't be any surprise. Now show me the same guy displaying an exponential improvement in his free-sparring ability and I'll be more impressed!
    Did I say anything about chi-sau? He has probably hundreds of vids if you're interested in what he does.

Did I say anything about chi-sau? He has probably hundreds of vids if you're interested in what he does.
    Sure! I'd be interested in sparring videos. Link?

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I'd be interested in sparring videos.
    Because you think he didn't improve except for chi-sau? lol Why would a high ranking TWC sifu say it's ineffective and abandon it entirely, risking losing his large following, for something that didn't even improve his fighting skills?

How about you go learn some good VT and compare the result with TWC for yourself? That is if you care about possibly improving your skills versus arguing from ignorance on forums for the rest of your life.

Because you think he didn't improve except for chi-sau? lol Why would a high ranking TWC sifu say it's ineffective and abandon it entirely, risking losing his large following, for something that didn't even improve his fighting skills?

How about you go learn some good VT and compare the result with TWC for yourself? That is if you care about possibly improving your skills versus arguing from ignorance on forums for the rest of your life.

Hey, you were the one that said he had "100's of videos"! And now you don't want to even share the link???

Enough already

Guys, it is pretty obvious that no one is going to change anyone's mind or point of view.
    There really seems to be little point in continuing this thread if all we are going to do is see the same things posted over and over again.

While I do not think it is fair to belittle a system of Wing Chun or the head of that system, particularily when those deriding it don't seem able to post anything which would support their claims of having something better.

So, in the spirit of fairness to everyone here I am going to lock this thread.

If other threads pop up with the same deriding comments and lack of any benefit then those will be deleted.
    Those who continue to try to promote their singular agenda and insult others will face further action.

This is directed at everyone involved not one person or group in particular.

If anyone wishes to discuss this with me feel free to email or PM me.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space