Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Training

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Measurable. Objective.
    Okay, I'll bite just for the fun of it

I live in Northern Georgia in the United States, Southeastern Region.

Where would I be able to visit a school where they adhere to your "views" and who you would agree was in line with your training?
    If I were to visit what could I expect? Could we touch hands and video it and post it on the internet and this forum for all to see??
    Would it matter, since VT is so all encompassing, if I were to incorporate Silat and other arts I train as well?
    Since my approach is my own and includes other arts would you then say I "cheated" and used something other than WC/VT if I performed well?
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Measurable. Objective.
    Measured by?
    Observable reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Where would I be able to visit a school where they adhere to your "views" and who you would agree was in line with your training?
    None in Southeastern Region to my knowledge. You will have to travel.

If I were to visit what could I expect? Could we touch hands and video it and post it on the internet and this forum for all to see??
    Would it matter, since VT is so all encompassing, if I were to incorporate Silat and other arts I train as well?
    I don't own any organization. You'd have to ask whatever place you visit.

Since my approach is my own and includes other arts would you then say I "cheated" and used something other than WC/VT if I performed well?
    At what game?

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    Don't know who that is, but it isn't me. I freely admit that I use the screen name Nobody Important over at MT. Unlike you I don't use multiple names to troll internet forums. I've had this account for many years.
    Of course it's you, you dope. You need to be careful when you post on multiple forums, it allows people to see who you are.

Haven't posted on here in years, you knew exactly who I was, so quit pretending you didn't
    Your last post before this trolling spree was at the end of 2015, so you were posting here very recently. Why lie about something so easy to check?

And why did you pretend not to be Nobody Important/Saul Goodman when you started commenting here? Is it because "dlcox" is Somebody Important?

I figured a huge ego from your name on MT forum, but have to say I am surprised by the true extent of it

Yes, I tried a branch of WSLVT, wasn't for me, doesn't mean I think it broken. Thought you'd be happy someone took your advice, or you just mad because I didn't convert. They failed to convince me that it was any better than what I already had. No big deal to me.
    If you tried WSL VT, then why is it you know absolutely nothing about it (or apparently any kind of wing chun)?

You need to give more details of your alleged experience for this type of claim to be believable.

Yet, your initial post here was pretending to be an unbiased lurker who hadn't been around for years and just couldn't help calling me out, when we actually last talked a couple months ago on MT where you said you had never trained VT. Now suddenly you know all about it (but still don't).
    Sounds fishy to me. I wonder where dlcox went and trained in the last couple of months, and what happened there? Strange that he seems to know less than nothing about WSL VT despite all of your hand holding and help on the MT forum, and then going somewhere to experience the system and ask questions. Bit of a mystery

You're a typical left wing liberal who thinks that they are intellectually superior and when put to the fire start crying, acting out, name calling, spinning, etc. Nothing more than diversion tactics to reroute conversations away from topics you don't want to discuss
    What an odd thing to say. I don't see what LFJ's political beliefs have to do with his VT? Can you clarify?

If it helps then rest assured that I have a firm belief in free markets and personal liberty. Hope this helps you not get so worked up in future.

You have no intentions of clarifying any statements you make
    On the contrary, happy to claify to the nth degree. I think you need to calm down and take some deep breaths first though

Whatever, I've all but come out & said who I was on MT
    Are you Somebody Very Important?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Of course it's you, you dope. You need to be careful when you post on multiple forums, it allows people to see who you are.
    And you would know, now wouldn't you!!!

why does it have to be a school YOU agree with? Is it because if they don't have the exact same beliefs as you, then it isn't real WSLVT?
    It comes down to the consistency and coherence of the system. VT is not a grab bag of whatever you like, it works (and ONLY works) in a specific way. Because otherwise the system breaks down and fails to function properly. LFJ, understands that, but apparently you do not. It isn't anything to do with personal preference, and merely arises naturally from seeing the unbroken system.

I am sorry you didn't see it yet

Regardless of what you may believe, Yip Man did not invent Wing Chun, nor was he the only one to learn the real or original "legitimate" method. Its just an interpretation, no better or worse than any other IMO
    I admit it was a shock to learn that YKS and your related branch had no understanding of the system, and gives the lie to the tale about YM learning from that source. Of course different "interpretations" of conceptually coherent and internally consistent systems are not ok, just a matter of logic.

Correct understanding is the most important part. Without this you are just making things up and guessing, like so many others.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Exactly, why does it have to be a school YOU agree with? Is it because if they don't have the exact same beliefs as you, then it isn't real WSLVT?

---Well of course! So far the list of "disapproved" WSLVT is growing. It seems to include David Peterson, Gary Lam, Wang Xi Peng, and Jerry Yeung. Probably others that I am forgetting. I'm sure whoever you checked out would be on the list as well, especially if they were in the US. The only "approved" US instructor is likely Kevin Gledhill.
    On the contrary you are desperate to focus on non-standard WSL VT. Why you do this is the confusing part.

This same lie again!

But in general, I can tell you now, the area with the greatest density of quality VT is going to be in Central Europe.
    I am from Europe , not so far from the center , didn't see any quality VT ,WT ,WCK or whatever there .

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    I am from Europe , not so far from the center , didn't see any quality VT ,WT ,WCK or whatever there .
    You were absorbed in TWC when you were there, though, weren't you?

None in Southeastern Region to my knowledge. You will have to travel.

I don't own any organization. You'd have to ask whatever place you visit.

At what game?
    How about up towards NYC??
    I sometimes get up that way though not often.

My question is to locate someone who is akin to your approach.
    You know, to avoid the whole we don't do it that way answer from you guys.
    Not trying to be funny but you and guy b have posted all sorts of things which appear to be specific to "your" way of doing VT.
    Things like you do not train applications etc. It would be kind of pointless in visiting someplace, possibly crossing hands only to hear the same old "that is not how we do it" rhetoric.

Not sure if it is a game but I was referencing sparring since that would be the best way to tell if something worked or not.
    If I did well it would really be telling since I am older and not necessarily in the best of shape. If I were to win..........................
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    How about up towards NYC??
    Pretty sure you know who's up there, and the trolls here love to rag on him for a certain video, while ignoring the fact that they were taking turns showing their ideas, but whatever. I haven't trained with him or seen much from him, but he certainly knows the system. Worth a visit, for sure, to see things in person for yourself.