Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 374

Thread: Training

  1. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Trying to start another argument!!! Dude, give it up! Get a life! I'm done with you now. But like I said, I can't promise not to speak up in the future when I see you spouting BS again.
    I don't see why you take offence at people trying to help you? LFJ has been very useful in pointing out disconnects between what you say and what you and others do. You should be saying thanks.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    The evidence is what I am telling you as someone practicing WSL VT. Nobody should have any problem believing factual details about practice of the system from practitioners.

    I'm not making any grand claims about effectiveness vs other approaches- try and see. Or don't and shut up about it.

    Basically KPM has made it his life's work to expose WSL VT as bogus in some way. As you say, why would he even care? Makes no sense.

    But then why would you care to comment on the thread since we aren't cleaning up in full contact matches?
    That's not evidence that's hearsay , I'm commentating because it's funny as feck and I'm bored, question is why are you commentating if you won't actually answer his questions in a straight forward manner or post any clips explaining what you are on about?

    frankly there's zero evidence this approach is unique or it works, and if you two (not to mention Kevin) are an example of the normal everyday student attracted to this particular form of wing chun why would anyone want to try it?

    But it has made this place more fun again got to love a good dispute on the wing chun forum

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ᏌᏂᎭᎢ, ᏥᎾ
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    That's not evidence that's hearsay , I'm commentating because it's funny as feck and I'm bored, question is why are you commentating if you won't actually answer his questions in a straight forward manner or post any clips explaining what you are on about?
    Videos and explanations have been posted.
    That is enough to demonstrate that there are differences to other systems.

    If you need more you will have to go compare them for yourself.
    Your refusal to examine the evidence doesn't mean there is none.

    Questions have been answered as straightforwardly as possible.
    Want more detail? Ask a more detailed question.

    why would anyone want to try it?
    Good. VT is not for everyone. Fools should stay away.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Dahlonega, GA USA
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Videos and explanations have been posted.
    That is enough to demonstrate that there are differences to other systems.
    Good. VT is not for everyone. Fools should stay away.
    The last line is somewhat arrogant and tends to insinuate an air of superiority.

    I will certainly agree that what YOU do seems to be different, at least in how it is thought to be applied or not applied according to past statements.
    The problem is that you do not seem to be able or willing to discuss in detail. You simply spout the same thing over and over again.

    Let me ask you this, are there any guys training like you are suggesting anywhere near GA??
    Peace,

    Dave

    http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    That's not evidence that's hearsay , I'm commentating because it's funny as feck and I'm bored, question is why are you commentating if you won't actually answer his questions in a straight forward manner or post any clips explaining what you are on about?

    frankly there's zero evidence this approach is unique or it works, and if you two (not to mention Kevin) are an example of the normal everyday student attracted to this particular form of wing chun why would anyone want to try it?

    But it has made this place more fun again got to love a good dispute on the wing chun forum
    Hey Frost..... how you been???
    Ill wade in on this as "its funny as feck and im bored"
    Youre bang on with with what you said, with all the WSLVT guys smugness....... wheres the evidence its any better?
    Apart from clips of PB & MK, that apparently no one but them can understand, wheres the proof??

  6. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Hey Frost..... how you been???
    Ill wade in on this as "its funny as feck and im bored"
    Youre bang on with with what you said, with all the WSLVT guys smugness....... wheres the evidence its any better?
    Apart from clips of PB & MK, that apparently no one but them can understand, wheres the proof??
    There's no claim that it is better. Make up your own mind. It is different though, that's for sure.

  7. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    That's not evidence that's hearsay
    It isn't hearsay because we aren't in court. But even if we were in court I am not referring to something someone else said. Therefore not even similar to hearsay.

    My description of training in WSL VT is in fact direct testimony (if you want to use the old court analogy again)

    frankly there's zero evidence this approach is unique or it works
    There is plenty of video and written evidence provided by practitioners which show that WSL VT is different. It isn't my responsibility if you were not paying attention. You can come and see if it works if you are interested, but you aren't, so hard to see why you are commenting

  8. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    The last line is somewhat arrogant and tends to insinuate an air of superiority.

    I will certainly agree that what YOU do seems to be different, at least in how it is thought to be applied or not applied according to past statements.
    The problem is that you do not seem to be able or willing to discuss in detail. You simply spout the same thing over and over again.

    Let me ask you this, are there any guys training like you are suggesting anywhere near GA??
    What detail do you need? Please be specific.

    Where is GA?

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Hey Frost..... how you been???
    Ill wade in on this as "its funny as feck and im bored"
    Youre bang on with with what you said, with all the WSLVT guys smugness....... wheres the evidence its any better?
    Apart from clips of PB & MK, that apparently no one but them can understand, wheres the proof??
    Hey Glenn hope the boxing is going well, i have access to world class MMA and no gi grappling, very good BBJ and judo, excellent bak mei so what on earth would make me search out WSLVT do i really want to be associated with smug idiots like LFJ who won't post a single clip of themselves doing anything because they aren't that interested or bothered what people think, but umm DO seem bothered enough to make endless posts though..
    Strange that

    Anyone who has been around good fighters knows that the training it takes to become a good fighter is pretty straight forward and uniform across all styles, the particular rules you compete in or lack of them dictate strategies to a certain extend but the training methods are pretty much standard, so when someone claims a unique way of viewing training and fighting but can't post anything outside of compliant none contact work it makes my spidey sense tingle....

    In any other physical endeavour such claims would be laughed out of town,

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Dahlonega, GA USA
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    What detail do you need? Please be specific.

    Where is GA?
    To be honest, I really do not need anything specific anymore.
    My interest is not that high at this point.

    GA is the State of Georgia in the US.

    A definition of Insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

    This thread would certainly fit that definition regarding some of the posts and responses given.
    Peace,

    Dave

    http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ᏌᏂᎭᎢ, ᏥᎾ
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    The problem is that you do not seem to be able or willing to discuss in detail. You simply spout the same thing over and over again.
    Bullsh!t. I answered your questions in detail and you ignored it.

    I also asked you what part of my answer you were having trouble with. Again, you ignored it.

    If you want an even more detailed answer, ask a more detailed question.

    If you don't want the same answer, ask a different question. Don't just restate the same freaking question over and over.

    Let me ask you this, are there any guys training like you are suggesting anywhere near GA??
    Not to my knowledge.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Dahlonega, GA USA
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Bullsh!t. I answered your questions in detail and you ignored it.

    I also asked you what part of my answer you were having trouble with. Again, you ignored it.

    If you want an even more detailed answer, ask a more detailed question.

    If you don't want the same answer, ask a different question. Don't just restate the same freaking question over and over.



    Not to my knowledge.

    Your answers are like the following:

    Question:
    How would one get to City Hall from 123 Park Ave in anytown USA.
    Please provide specific directions. ?

    Your answer:
    We drive there.

    Response:
    Please be more specific, can you provide actual directions?

    Your response:
    We do not use directions, we just go there.

    Response:
    That makes no sense and is not any help.
    It also does not answer the question

    Your response:
    It does answer the question in great detail.
    You are just incapable of understanding.

    Response:
    Not worth asking as no answers are forthcoming.


    That is an example of how you seem to respond.
    Of course, to your mind you have answered in great detail.
    The truth is that the rest of the world would seem to not agree.
    Peace,

    Dave

    http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ᏌᏂᎭᎢ, ᏥᎾ
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    i have access to...excellent bak mei
    "Hearsay". No evidence you do. Where are your sparring vids?

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ᏌᏂᎭᎢ, ᏥᎾ
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    That is an example of how you seem to respond.
    Of course, to your mind you have answered in great detail.
    The truth is that the rest of the world would seem to not agree.
    Bullsh!t.

    Here is a real example from earlier in this thread of your question and my answer, which you ignored.

    Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    When you guys do Chi Sau (which no one is saying is fighting) do you use Taun, Bong and other "techniques"?
    Do you ever use these "techniques" in fighting?
    If so then I would submit that you train applications.
    No. In pun-sau, taan and fuk are antagonistic training tools for developing VT punching. Neither are "techniques" for fighting. Bong ensures squared facing while training the punches, and helps prevent overturning for example in seung-ma/teui-ma drills.

    We don't fight with both arms equally extended like this, and none of this will show up as "techniques" in fighting.
    If this is not understandable, let me know what part you're having trouble with.

    If it's not enough detail for you, ask a more detailed question. Simple.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Dahlonega, GA USA
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    "Hearsay". No evidence you do. Where are your sparring vids?
    Where are yours???

    It would seem that the empirical evidence does not support your claims.

    Is this a clip of your training??
    I do not see any "techniques" or 1:1 applications so I immediately thought of you

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y3uALLNY4A

    This video would seem to show that when one has faith in an unrealistic method it often fails.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I

    Sorry, I am positing this in fun but hope it is understandable.

    After all, according to you, the forms do not teach any applications.
    In a fight you do not use any of the techniques from the form.
    You ask others for videos but you don't show any of you doing anything.

    I gotta admit that at first I thought we could actually get past differences and have a conversation.
    Then more of the same non answers and obvious attitude of superiority.
    Now I am just bored and laughing at how silly you sound.

    Too bad there is no one training near where I live.
    I would love to see this approach in person.
    Would like to see how one fights without applications.
    I somehow feel it would be like the first video.
    Peace,

    Dave

    http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •