Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
i have access to world class MMA and no gi grappling, very good BBJ and judo
I am sure you are fitting loads of that into your middle aged desk jockey life. You are surely in peak physical condition and getting the most out of training methodologies based upon the abilities of top sportsmen in their 20s who are training every day.

As far as BJJ goes, it is a very good traditional system and a good adition to VT.

excellent bak mei so what on earth would make me search out WSLVT
I don't think there is much more in the youtube world of Bak Mei clips than you will find in terms of WSL VT. Why then Bak Mei? No "evidence" of BM "tearing it up in MMA comps". No BM based champions in sporting events. Just the usual TMA type of stuff. Shouldn't you be rejecting this out of hand?

Anyone who has been around good fighters knows that the training it takes to become a good fighter is pretty straight forward and uniform across all styles, the particular rules you compete in or lack of them dictate strategies to a certain extend but the training methods are pretty much standard
Training methods are not remotely similar between for example BJJ and (say) boxing.

so when someone claims a unique way of viewing training and fighting but can't post anything outside of compliant none contact work it makes my spidey sense tingle
Many sports MA will do a large amount of cooperative training.The difference in WSL VT training compared to other wing chun is that applications are not taught. This does not mean that sparring and other contact training is not done- in fact it is an essential element. If you want to see it then you will need to go and see it, simple as that.