Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Training

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    "What if" scenarios are not part of VT, anyway. So, this comment is irrelevant to the topic.

To get technical on some more technical aspects of the system you claim to have experienced then;

Surely you at least briefly went over the forms, chi-sau, some basic parts of the training system?

So, what information is being conveyed to the practitioner by the very first opening movements of SNT? Why cross arms? Why low, high?

What are the details on the hows and whys of dan-chi-sau?

Did you even figure out how VT punches are done in any detail?
    Listen, I'm done trying to convince two butt hurt, whiney crybabies to come to the realization that MY experience with WSLVT, while pleasant, revealed no grand revelations. Accept it, it isn't my cup of tea. Sorry if you can't come to grips with that, you might have to find a safe space and cry it out if your faith has been shaken.

Was I supposed to see celestial lights, hear angelic music and become profoundly enlightened and immediately convert? If that was your experience well, good for you, it wasn't for me.

My Wing Chun is far from perfect, but good enough for me, it suits my purposes. If you want to continue preaching atop your soapbox, knock yourself out. But from what I experienced I didnt see anything that led me to believe that WSLVT was leagues above any other decent branch of Wing Chun. Thats MY opinion, deal with it.
    Last edited by dlcox; 04-20-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    Was I supposed to see celestial lights, hear angelic music and become profoundly enlightened and immediately convert?
    lol, no, and I don't care if you convert or not, but you should at least have a clue about some of the basics if you really went, which you still seem not to.

But from what I experienced I didnt see anything that led me to believe that WSLVT was leagues above any other decent branch of Wing Chun. Thats MY opinion, deal with it.
    That's fine. There's no problem coming away with this opinion, if there were even the slightest indication that your experience is true.

The problem is you said it is "no different" from other WC, while giving a wildly inaccurate description of it.

I'm not saying "leagues above", but it's in fact entirely different every step of the way from TWC, WT, and your mainland stuff, as recent discussions have made clear.

So, yeah, now your refusal to discuss technical aspects of VT just further suggests you are trolling, as usual.
    Last edited by LFJ; 04-20-2017 at 09:27 PM.

lol, no, and I don't care if you convert or not, but you should at least have a clue about some of the basics if you really went, which you still seem not to. That's fine. There's no problem coming away with this opinion, if there were even the slightest indication that your experience is true.The problem is you said it is "no different" from other WC, while giving a wildly inaccurate description of it.I'm not saying "leagues above", but it's in fact entirely different every step of the way from TWC, WT, and your mainland stuff, as recent discussions have made clear.So, yeah, now your refusal to discuss technical aspects of VT just further suggests you are trolling, as usual.
    Wing Chun is an art with varied theoretical attitudes, everyone that teaches it publically, has a niche. In this regards WSLVT is no different, it did not offer further insight into what I sought, it is a method designed and focused around the punch, this conflicts with my belief. Never said it wouldn't work, just not my cup of tea & in the grand scheme of things not any better than other methodologies I've explored. And just to clarify, I gave no detailed description, nice try.

We've had technical discussions before, with the majority leading nowhere but multiple pages of conflicting ideas and bickering of minutia. Can't see how that will change.

You done phishing & trolling now or you still on duty while Guy, or should I say Kevin, rests?

You need to get over it, WSLVT isn't for me, quit whinging about it. I know it must be hard to hear, but it's the truth.

Why so hard to accept?

Nevermind, don't answer, I really don't care.

Toodles wackadoodle.

it is a method designed and focused around the punch, this conflicts with my belief.
    Which is the reason you never went to see it.

I gave no detailed description, nice try.
    Well, let's see what you've said here...

The feeling out process used in boxing (while) in the ring is a comparable analogy to how VT (and its various permutations) act when drilling.
    One wildly inaccurate description of VT drilling methods and purposes, right here.

Chi Sau is a method of hand chasing, try to argue that point. Its a method of defense that is either reactionary in nature or used offensively to impede an attack, either way it is focusing on the opponents limbs prior to attack.
    One wildly inaccurate description of the method and purpose of chi-sau, right here.

You also say VT is no different from any other Wing Chun, but;

VT chi-sau;

Your VT contains no grappling, you describe it as a method of striking which uses Chi Sau as a platform to develop the punch.
    YCW chi-sau;

Chi Sau has way more to do with grappling than it does striking, and are contradictory methodologies.
    Contradictory methodologies by your own admission.

They are not the same, or even similar.

Which is the reason you never went to see it.

Well, let's see what you've said here...

One wildly inaccurate description of VT drilling methods and purposes, right here.

One wildly inaccurate description of the method and purpose of chi-sau, right here.

You also say VT is no different from any other Wing Chun, but;

VT chi-sau;

YCW chi-sau;

Contradictory methodologies by your own admission.

They are not the same, or even similar.
    Cherry picking and taking statements out of context are not valid examples to support your narrative. Why are you so frantic over the fact I don't think WSLVT is anything special?

Draw up all the conspiracy theories you want to ease your worried mind. This conversation is finished. See you in a couple more years. I'm sure you'll still be trolling and preaching from your soapbox. Word of advice, get out of the basement once in a while, the fresh air will be good for you.

Cherry picking and taking statements out of context are not valid examples to support your narrative.
    There is no context in which your statements accurately describe VT, because you have no experience of it.

Why are you so frantic over the fact I don't think WSLVT is anything special?
    I don't mind you having your opinions. Just don't lie and try to deny it when you get caught.

He was pretending to be an unbiased bystander moved to post, when actually he's the same troll that just talked to us a couple months ago on the other forum.
    So its beginning to become very clear....ANYONE that disagrees with what you write and believe MUST be a troll!!!

"What if" scenarios are not part of VT, anyway. So, this comment is irrelevant to the topic.

To get technical on some more technical aspects of the system you claim to have experienced then;

Surely you at least briefly went over the forms, chi-sau, some basic parts of the training system?

So, what information is being conveyed to the practitioner by the very first opening movements of SNT? Why cross arms? Why low, high?

What are the details on the hows and whys of dan-chi-sau?

Did you even figure out how VT punches are done in any detail?
    What a load of BS. You know darn well that it wouldn't matter what he answered. Your response is going to be that he "didn't get it" or "didn't understand" or "they obviously aren't real WSLVT"!!! You would never admit if he had it right! Because you....have....an....agenda....every time you post! And that should be very clear to anyone that has been following any of these thread!

The problem is you said it is "no different" from other WC, while giving a wildly inaccurate description of it.

---Well, there's another lie! I don't recall Dave giving ANY description of his encounter with the WSLVT guys, let alone a "wildly inaccurate description"!!! But you would argue with a stone if it told you that water was wet!!!
    Last edited by KPM; 04-21-2017 at 03:29 AM.

So basically what you're saying is that because I didn't come to the same conclusion as you when exposed to VT, that I'm a liar.
    No, it's because you have no understanding of the system. If you had seen it then you would have some understanding. Simple

The fact you can't make the connection speaks volumes.

Because you use them as validation and proof of consistency. "What ifs" aren't a litmus of validity.
    Logical consistency and "what ifs" = explicitly not what we are talking about when we mention system coherence and consistency

Are you genuinely this slow?

Listen, I'm done trying to convince two butt hurt, whiney crybabies to come to the realization that MY experience with WSLVT, while pleasant, revealed no grand revelations. Accept it, it isn't my cup of tea. Sorry if you can't come to grips with that, you might have to find a safe space and cry it out if your faith has been shaken.

Was I supposed to see celestial lights, hear angelic music and become profoundly enlightened and immediately convert? If that was your experience well, good for you, it wasn't for me.

My Wing Chun is far from perfect, but good enough for me, it suits my purposes. If you want to continue preaching atop your soapbox, knock yourself out. But from what I experienced I didnt see anything that led me to believe that WSLVT was leagues above any other decent branch of Wing Chun. Thats MY opinion, deal with it.
    Lolol, so you didn't actually go and experience any WSL VT and you are in fact lying, as usual. What a surprise

Why are you so frantic over the fact I don't think WSLVT is anything special?
    Nobody is frantic, just amused by your desperate and hopelessly weak lying

So a couple of months ago on MT forum you had no experience of WSL VT, then in 60 days you did experience it at some mystery place we can't be told the name of, appear on this thread posting some nonsense opinions about WSL VT, then claim you have actually experienced it. When it is pointed out that your expressed opinions on WSL VT are inconsistent with having experienced it you storm off.

And remember it was you who appeared ranting and trolling at us, while pretending to be someone else. Funny really. But also pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    What a load of BS. You know darn well that it wouldn't matter what he answered. Your response is going to be that he "didn't get it" or "didn't understand" or "they obviously aren't real WSLVT"!!! You would never admit if he had it right! Because you....have....an....agenda....every time you post! And that should be very clear to anyone that has been following any of these thread!
    There is a very simple answer to this question, one that he would have heard if he had been to train WSL VT with anyone

It is no trouble to me if Nobody Important/Saul Goodman/Dave Cox doesn't like WSL VT. But if he is going to claim that his opinions are informed by direct experience then it is worth checking if this is true. Aparently it is not. Good for anyone reading the forum to be aware of this I would say.
    Last edited by guy b.; 04-21-2017 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    you did experience it at some mystery place we can't be told the name of, .
    You know, I don't recall that either you or LFJ have ever said who you study WSLVT with and where. In fact, we don't even know your real names. You've purposefully kept those facts a "mystery." I wonder why the double standard???