Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Training

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Certainly not pointless, I got you to respond in a very predictable manner.

An example of tactics which can be used in real fighting.

Again, a confirmation of your level of skill.

Happy Friday
    Arguing on the internet =/= fighting. Not sure what striving to be a champ in the former is likely to achieve for you

Again, a confirmation of your level of skill.
    Asking you to stop posting like an idiot and have a serious conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Don't say stupid things.

VT punching has built in defensive capabilities. That's what taan and fuk train.

Just quit being stupid and ask if you don't understand.
    I have asked but you are unable or unwilling to answer.
    To be honest I have to get back to work.
    While I enjoy your non answers which are very revealing I do have other things to attend to right now.

As to Guy b's comment about going to someplace other than close to me, if there is someplace near where I travel I would be happy to drop by.
    I am a single father with two daughters living with me so I am not free to just up and go somewhere.
    Also, it is not so important to me that I wish to put myself out.
    Besides, like some others, people would doubtless say I did use Wing Chun as I train other arts.
    Of course, if your WC\VT etc is so good it should not matter what someone used.

I am originally from Philly so do you guys have anyone, of your mindset and approach, who trains on the East Coast of the US between Georgia and New York City???
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Asking you to stop posting like an idiot and have a serious conversation?
    I guess he thinks he's like a matador, toying with you, waiting to strike the final blow

Bit sad really. Hope we can manage to have a normal adult conversation.

An answer was just provided

The punch contains defensive capabilities

As to Guy b's comment about going to someplace other than close to me, if there is someplace near where I travel I would be happy to drop by.
    I am a single father with two daughters living with me so I am not free to just up and go somewhere.
    Also, it is not so important to me that I wish to put myself out
    Take your daughters for a holiday in Cologne this summer

I have answered directly and honestly.

I asked you to help me understand what part of the answer is giving you difficulty, so that I might explain it better.

If you are having trouble with an answer, ask a followup or more detailed question.

Don't just give me this "unable or unwilling" bullsh!t and start trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I guess he thinks he's like a matador, toying with you, waiting to strike the final blow

Bit sad really. Hope we can manage to have a normal adult conversation.
    I am curious, have you guys honestly not gotten the idea that others think your manner of posting is full of crap??
    Adult conversation where, when someone does not agree with your pov, the response is with insults and derision??

I am certainly not the only one who has made it clear that you provide no answers to questions.

If you are unhappy with the responses then either change or go somewhere you are appreciated.

I guess if it was that important to me, your illustration would be welcome.

Do you honestly think this is that serious or important to me???

Amusing.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Adult conversation where, when someone does not agree with your pov, the response is with insults and derision??
    I've been trying to answer you and engage in adult conversation. It has proven difficult, because you just start trolling instead of following up.

Do you honestly think this is that serious or important to me???
    Obviously not, or you would have a normal conversation, not this trolling mess you're on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I am sure you are fitting loads of that into your middle aged desk jockey life. You are surely in peak physical condition and getting the most out of training methodologies based upon the abilities of top sportsmen in their 20s who are training every day.

As far as BJJ goes, it is a very good traditional system and a good adition to VT.

I don't think there is much more in the youtube world of Bak Mei clips than you will find in terms of WSL VT. Why then Bak Mei? No "evidence" of BM "tearing it up in MMA comps". No BM based champions in sporting events. Just the usual TMA type of stuff. Shouldn't you be rejecting this out of hand?

Training methods are not remotely similar between for example BJJ and (say) boxing.

Many sports MA will do a large amount of cooperative training.The difference in WSL VT training compared to other wing chun is that applications are not taught. This does not mean that sparring and other contact training is not done- in fact it is an essential element. If you want to see it then you will need to go and see it, simple as that.
    How much i can fit in is immaterial, the fact is I and i suspect others too have access to very good material from known sources, so why they would bother with a style which seems semi cultish and attracts strange people which has no evidence of it working is beyond me.

Nope bakmei isnt tearing it up anywhere, never said it was not though did i say anywhere it was the best or make countless posts about how different unique and special it was without posting a single clip.....

Boxing and judo are very similar they both have strategies and techniques used to explain and enhance those strategies, they both drill from one end of the cooperative spectrum to the other, and both can post clips of their arts working in full competitons

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Nope bakmei isnt tearing it up anywhere, never said it was not though did i say anywhere it was the best or make countless posts about how different unique and special it was without posting a single clip.....
    No one said VT was the best or "special". It is unique in some ways. Clips have been posted.

I am certainly not the only one who has made it clear that you provide no answers to questions.
    I don't understand this response

Answers were just provided to your questions. If you need more info then please ask highlighting specifics where you feel more info required.

I've been trying to answer you and engage in adult conversation. It has proven difficult, because you just start trolling instead of following up.

Obviously not, or you would have a normal conversation, not this trolling mess you're on right now.
    This about sums it up. A bit odd really, like mind made up to troll before starting

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    How much i can fit in is immaterial, the fact is I and i suspect others too have access to very good material from known sources, so why they would bother with a style which seems semi cultish and attracts strange people which has no evidence of it working is beyond me
    Amount you can fit in and physical condition are intensely important for sport styles. Many things you see working in MMA, boxing, MT and other comp formats only work because the competitors are incredibly well conditioned young males training daily. Much of it is very inapproporiate to an old guy like you, especially as martial arts for fighting rather than weekend hobby.

They also (with the exception of BJJ, some Judo) lack strategy for the fight and ideas about fighting, i.e. they are not martial arts systems.

I think that most people have good access to decent sports based MA in most developed countries, me included. The reason that I do WSL VT is that it provides something not available from those other sources. It means nothing to me if you try WSL VT. No idea why you keep commenting on the wing chun forum really?

Nope bakmei isnt tearing it up anywhere, never said it was not though did i say anywhere it was the best or make countless posts about how different unique and special it was without posting a single clip
    If you were being consistent then by your own criteria for judging MA systems you should reject Bak Mei. It doesn't make logical sense for you to be training this system, given what you tend to say here. Why the inconsistency? This is really strange.

Boxing and judo are very similar they both have strategies and techniques used to explain and enhance those strategies, they both drill from one end of the cooperative spectrum to the other, and both can post clips of their arts working in full competitons
    The boxing and judo training methodologies are entirely different, with judo containing a lot more cooperative training and application based training. Judo is also a martial art with strategy and ideas for fighting, boxing not. There is a standardised approach to teaching judo, no such thing for boxing, it being only a set of competition rules. Different boxing coaches have their own theories or styles, some good, some not so good. Utterly different. Makes me wonder if you ever tried either?
    Last edited by guy b.; 04-14-2017 at 08:59 AM.

No one said VT was the best or "special". It is unique in some ways. Clips have been posted.
    People like Frost assume arrogance from non-grovelling replies.

People like KPM assume an attitude of superiority when you don't pat them on the head and tell them they are special.