Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technical discussion - WSLVT

Quote Originally Posted by wckf92 View Post
    If interrupted, then (like a pole) it would have to clear that obstruction slightly before returning to the leg assault.
    Better, I think, to put the foot down and recover stable, mobile position for attacking asap, than to contort the leg in the air to somehow divert the opponent's leg in order to kick again. Sounds quite risky/impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I think you would be better going with a GL student than trying to piece it together on forums which will never work. GL not strictly WSL VT but some of his students look good and surely better than guessing.
    Yes, but I give him credit.

He often asks good, honest questions without an agenda, and seems intelligent enough to understand the answers.

But certainly, to get the full picture one really has to do it hands-on, which I'm sure he would given the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post

He often asks good, honest questions without an agenda, and seems intelligent enough to understand the answers.

Ask him if he believes you can train and practice Wing Chun without any applications.

You guys do pretty good when you actually make the effort, people are asking easy questions, and no one is challenging your beliefs or disagreeing with what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Yes, but I give him credit.

But certainly, to get the full picture one really has to do it hands-on, which I'm sure he would given the opportunity.
    I know, not meant as an attack..I just think it would now be worth making an effort to try meeting someone good since obviously interested. Not everyone has access to excellent teaching and many of us do need to move forward slowly on our own or with like minded others. But a meeting with a good teacher can be a transformative moment and I think worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    .I just think it would now be worth making an effort to try meeting someone good since obviously interested. Not everyone has access to excellent teaching and many of us do need to move forward slowly on our own or with like minded others. But a meeting with a good teacher can be a transformative moment and I think worth doing.
    Now that I can fully agree with! Good point!

Thanks for all the feedback gents. Good discussion.