Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Effective strategies against VT

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    PB requests schools in his organization not to publish sparring clips.

MK and those under him are not part of PB's organization and can do what they want.

He doesn't often comment on other WC.

The problem is when people do comment on your WC, even as politely as possible, you take personal offense to it.

I can only suggest you try to be a little more objective. Nothing is ever about you personally.
    You are so full of BS. "Commenting" on what you see in someone else's Wing Chun and talking about how it is different from what you do is one thing. Ignoring someone's counterpoints, refusing to believe what they say, and turning everything into an argument is something else!!! You are so smug and have such an air of superiority every time you engage in a discussion. Just look around. It isn't just me that has a problem with how you post!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    "Commenting" on what you see in someone else's Wing Chun and talking about how it is different from what you do is one thing. Ignoring someone's counterpoints, refusing to believe what they say, and turning everything into an argument is something else!!!
    I make an effort to address every counterpoint, one by one, and will not just agree if it is invalid, or believe something just because you say it.

That may seem like "turning everything into an argument", but it is nothing more than technical discussion and a different perspective.

Again, though, it is purely technical, nothing personal.

You are good. You are knowledgeable. You are a respectable forum sifu.

I make an effort to address every counterpoint, one by one, and will not just agree if it is invalid, or believe something just because you say it.
    And yet you expect all of us to believe things just because YOU say it! You are really something else!

And yet you expect all of us to believe things just because YOU say it!
    Not at all.

I engage in detailed technical discussion, describing exactly what I see/think and why.

I even take the time to make detailed diagrams for you.

Then when your argument comes to the end of its road you call me a bully and get all;

Name:  baby-crying.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  15.4 KB

Not at all.

I engage in detailed technical discussion, describing exactly what I see/think and why.

I even take the time to make detailed diagrams for you.

Then when your argument comes to the end of its road you call me a bully and get all;
    That's really funny! Because there is no such thing as an "argument comes to the end of its road" with you! You would continue to argue forever! You think people giving up means you have won some kind of an argument, when all it really means is that people conclude that you are such a smug and dogmatic person that there is no point continuing! But whatever dude. Keep on arguing with yourself!

You think people giving up means you have won some kind of an argument, when all it really means is that people conclude that you are such a smug and dogmatic person that there is no point continuing!
    With you, arguments usually come to an end when you have essentially asked us to forget everything that has been demonstrated and just believe you.

When that happens, you fly into a tantrum and destroy the technical discussion of thread, hoping to bury everything in pages behind us, and if at MT, get personal enough to get the thread locked.

With you, arguments usually come to an end when you have essentially asked us to forget everything that has been demonstrated and just believe you.

When that happens, you fly into a tantrum and destroy the technical discussion of thread, hoping to bury everything in pages behind us, and if at MT, get personal enough to get the thread locked.

When a training history is as threadbare as yours, it is not surprising that delivering technical detail in conversations is difficult or impossible.

The hilarious thing is that you continue to bite the hand that feeds you. I have never seen a more sad case of ego defeating ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    When a training history is as threadbare as yours, it is not surprising that delivering technical detail in conversations is difficult or impossible.

The hilarious thing is that you continue to bite the hand that feeds you. I have never seen a more sad case of ego defeating ambition.
    This just gets funnier and funnier! You guys are something else! Two of a kind!

This just gets funnier and funnier! You guys are something else! Two of a kind!
    You know what? I am totally outta here. I come not to teach but to learn.I share my experience once and awhile maybe just out o conciet. You guys are supposed to be some of the best, yet you bicker like little old ladies at a bus stop.
    Think of the students tuning in to this site and picking up this crap. Even the quiet ones that respond so bored and sardonic oh, aren't we big sticks. This is not Gung Fu I was taught. To many Chiefs not enough Natives.... I'm out. I will say you have always been respectful to me but Sweet Jesus why do you biitch on things can't be solved on paper. See you in Vancouver PM me if you really want to get together.
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 04-21-2017 at 02:52 PM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    You know what? I am totally outta here. I come not to teach but to learn.I share my experience once and awhile maybe just out o conciet. You guys are supposed to be some of the best, yet you bicker like little old ladies at a bus stop.
    Think of the students tuning in to this site and picking up this crap. Even the quiet ones that respond so bored and sardonic oh, aren't we big sticks. This is not Gung Fu I was taught. To many Chiefs not enough Natives.... I'm out. I will say you have always been respectful to me but Sweet Jesus why do you biitch on things can't be solved on paper. See you in Vancouver PM me if you really want to get together.
    Well HT, if more people would speak up and call them on their BS at times like this then it wouldn't seem so much like a one-sided argument. Just check the other threads where other people have started speaking up. Don't put up with their BS, speak up and that would help shut down a lot of the bickering. If they got the message loud and clear that trash talking other people's Wing Chun and making claims they either can't or won't back up isn't acceptable, then maybe we wouldn't have long drawn out bickering threads like this. They think that are speaking God's honest truth from the Gospel of Wong and are doing nothing wrong. And when people don't say anything, it just reinforces their belief. Sorry, but I usually can't stay silent about that. If more and more people would also speak up, then maybe they would get the message. Don't you think?

You've been reading the threads haven't you? If you have you'll see I've been repeatedly called a liar, a troll, a moron, autistic, and a psychopathic *******. And for what you might ask? Disagreeing with their dogmatically held beliefs! That's all!

Now just sit back and watch the replies. You'll see denial, redirection, obfuscation, and likely more name-calling. They most assuredly will try to turn it all around and blame it all on me.

So don't leave. Stay and refuse to put up with the BS!
    Last edited by KPM; 04-21-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Well HT, if more people would speak up and call them on their BS at times like this then it wouldn't seem so much like a one-sided argument. Just check the other threads where other people have started speaking up. Don't put up with their BS, speak up and that would help shut down a lot of the bickering. If they got the message loud and clear that trash talking other people's Wing Chun and making claims they either can't or won't back up isn't acceptable, then maybe we wouldn't have long drawn out bickering threads like this. They think that are speaking God's honest truth from the Gospel of Wong and are doing nothing wrong. And when people don't say anything, it just reinforces their belief. Sorry, but I usually can't stay silent about that. If more and more people would also speak up, then maybe they would get the message. Don't you think?

You've been reading the threads haven't you? If you have you'll see I've been repeatedly called a liar, a troll, a moron, autistic, and a psychopathic *******. And for what you might ask? Disagreeing with their dogmatically held beliefs! That's all!

Now just sit back and watch the replies. You'll see denial, redirection, obfuscation, and likely more name-calling. They most assuredly will try to turn it all around and blame it all on me.

So don't leave. Stay and refuse to put up with the BS!
    I hear ya.Ive just been crabby lately​
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Right. He sure is resistant to information for someone with no regular training experience, only a few private lessons here and there in this and that, then online training, and who bounces between methods not fully learned upon realization that they don't work, and ends up trying to make something work by combining things that don't.

Well HT, if more people would speak up and call them on their BS at times like this then it wouldn't seem so much like a one-sided argument
    He's not taking sides you twit. He's just complaining about the constant argument, which I agree is not a desirable thing. If you are happy to end your mission against WSL VT then there will be no argument, simple as that.

If you are happy to end your mission against WSL VT then there will be no argument, simple as that.
    Yup. I enjoy sharing and technical discussion, but every one gets derailed with complaints about VT even when VT is not mentioned.