Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Effective strategies against VT

Quote Originally Posted by wckf92 View Post
    Is the bloodied up guy kurth and the other guy his sifu?
    No. It's MK's student. MK's teacher is PB.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    No. It's MK's student. MK's teacher is PB.
    Thx. MK's student is the guy on the left or the right?

Thx. MK's student is the guy on the left or the right?
    Both. .....

[QUOTE=Happy Tiger;1302279]
    I hadn't either, but a quick search led to this

http://www.vingtsunforum.com/off-top...fu-li-man-kit/[/
    Hey , Thank you. I forgot about that post Hoi Sum Fu. (Happy Tiger) no one​s called me that in a while. At least not in Chinese. Sifu Li Man Kit has been and always will be a positive and strong infuence on my fighting method .He is a great and quiet man that I respect very much. I am a lucky Tiger having worked for the baby sister of GM Leung Ting at Kuen Way Martial Arts. This gave me lots of opportunities to both train with and fight many very tough customers.... Not Always winning. )
    one of the greatest quotes my sifu ever shared was ' If you've never lost a fight you've likely been fighting bums"
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Is the bloodied up guy kurth and the other guy his sifu?
    Nice pic.Tuff Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    I have every time, and you will still turn around and lie a couple weeks/months later
    Don't be too hard on KPM, those guys were Chinese. Maybe they all sound the same to KPM and he forgets them?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Don't be too hard on KPM, those guys were Chinese. Maybe they all sound the same to KPM and he forgets them?
    Interesting that neither of you have volunteered any names now, when the conversation is current and it would be indicated. No, you prefer to keep obfuscating and diverting.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    it sounds crazy but one way to 'get VT gung fu is to learn to speak Cantonese.I don't know why that is so but it is. Much like most exotic knolwage.There are many ideas and sentiment that cannot be translated into any other language. Wish I'm sure apply to all language.but I only speak English and Cantonese
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 04-20-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    it sounds crazy but one way to 'get VT gung fu is to learn to speak Cantonese.I don't know why that is so but it is. Much like most exotic knolwage.There are many ideas and sentiment that cannot be translated into any other language. Wish I'm sure apply to all language.but I only speak English and Cantonese
    You will surely grow if you consider this....I really hate spell check.😀

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    You will surely grow if you consider this....I really hate spell check.😀
    and don't call me Shirley.

In the photo posted is Julian Bosawe and Kai Bremmekamp. Both students of MK who also teach their own groups.
    Training with MK is intense, and getting busted up a bit is part and parcel of it. Kai had to have surgery on his chin from getting hit there so often. Sparring with the knives also led to more than a few bloody sessions between Kai and MK, despite using protective gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    In the photo posted is Julian Bosawe and Kai Bremmekamp. Both students of MK who also teach their own groups.
    Training with MK is intense, and getting busted up a bit is part and parcel of it. Kai had to have surgery on his chin from getting hit there so often. Sparring with the knives also led to more than a few bloody sessions between Kai and MK, despite using protective gear.
    Then why no free fighting/sparring videos Sean? Why no videos of one of the PBWSLVT guys doing that to someone outside of the family in an open competitive format? Do you think everyone is going to figure out your secrets from such footage as well?

Well, MK and Kai have uploaded videos with sparring sequences in them (VT sparring, of course). I've also uploaded videos with a few sparring (also cross sparring) sequences.
    As far as competition, MK doesn't train for that. It doesn't interest him. The PBWSLVT crowd neither, for the most part. There have been a few PBVT people who have entered various outsider MMA competitions or other open-style competitions, however. I'm all for entering competitions and am trying to get my students interested in doing some Pancreas competitions here in France. The lack of a competitive culture in CMA (in general) is a big problem in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    Well, MK and Kai have uploaded videos with sparring sequences in them (VT sparring, of course). I've also uploaded videos with a few sparring (also cross sparring) sequences.
    As far as competition, MK doesn't train for that. It doesn't interest him. The PBWSLVT crowd neither, for the most part. There have been a few PBVT people who have entered various outsider MMA competitions or other open-style competitions, however. I'm all for entering competitions and am trying to get my students interested in doing some Pancreas competitions here in France. The lack of a competitive culture in CMA (in general) is a big problem in my opinion.
    Thanks Sean. You seem to be saying something different than the dynamic duo's "fight clips aren't allowed." And I gotta say I respect you a WHOLE lot more than the other two because you do post video of yourself and your guys. And you don't trash talk other people's Wing Chun.

I'm hoping to see some video of your guys cleaning up at some Pancrase competitions in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    You seem to be saying something different than the dynamic duo's "fight clips aren't allowed."
    PB requests schools in his organization not to publish sparring clips.

MK and those under him are not part of PB's organization and can do what they want.

And you don't trash talk other people's Wing Chun.
    He doesn't often comment on other WC.

The problem is when people do comment on your WC, even as politely as possible, you take personal offense to it.

I can only suggest you try to be a little more objective. Nothing is ever about you personally.