Thread: Mad Max: Fury Road

Mad Max: Fury Road

How is it we don't have a thread here on this film? Man, sometimes, we laggin...

Well, better late then never.

Check this out:
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

IMO, Mad Max Fury Road was WAAAY better than the original Mad Max; in fact, it's on a whole other level. I was probably one of the few who thought the original was kind of crappy. I remember when Fury Road came out, some people were calling it 'The greatest action movie ever made'. However, even though it is a good action movie, IMO it is definitely NOT 'the greatest of all time'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    However, even though it is a good action movie, IMO it is definitely NOT 'the greatest of all time'.
    The original movie is intense. Even pure in its own twisted way. Something you can't buy with a big budget. I saw a year ago for the first time. Somehow it reminds me of The Birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    The original movie is intense. Even pure in its own twisted way. Something you can't buy with a big budget. I saw a year ago for the first time. Somehow it reminds me of The Birds.
    I do feel that the original had a general sense of menace, or unease, to it that the remake lacks. And while I enjoyed Fury Road much more than the original, I found Fury Road akin to watching a cartoon.

I'll also mention that the original Mad Max's soundtrack by Brian May was outstanding. IMO, the soundtrack was better than the movie itself. Today's movies, even good ones, no longer have great or distinctive soundtracks.

Furiosa : A Mad Max Saga

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart