just saw this video a few days ago about this story, and while I get his point, it's pointless still.
All arts have a place. Wushu performers dont compete in the UFC. Thats my first perspective.
Secondly, I respect the zeal to expose fakes, however, do REAL martial artists an MMA fighters need this?
it seems like he wants to write out traditional martial arts for his own personal reason.
Im all for knocking down mc-dojos, and fakejutsu, uber quan , zen kung karate kwoons, "chi kung magicians" etc.....
however, Im always skeptical of ANYTHING western, AGGRESSIVELY trying to supersede what came "before" it. For example, he hasn't challenged a real master of any art. To correlate, no REAL master takes him seriously.
Third, its proven Qi Gong is beneficial outside of fighting. So leave it alone at that, why go pick on a dude who says he fights with his Qi Gong? let him talk his talk, lol
Thats like the Gracies going to prove BJJ will crush all WWE wrestlers because they "talk so tough" .....like cmon....Martial Arts is a personal journey, its not about debunking someones claim, business, or journey.

Fourth, and most important, Traditional Arts have spiritual links, and meditative purpose beyond the MMA ring, so in that respect his whole argument is irrelevant to a pure practitioner. If someone is looking to gain money from lying, I get it to expose the fraud to the ignorant, thats just plain justice, and doesnt require him blazing a special trail agains the people who shoot kamehameha waves at chikung seminars for coins. Most these guys are easy to spot. In the spirit of Buddhism, everything he's saying is irrelevant, or Daoism for that matter, at any phase of your training , its always alchemy, and there is always a stronger warrior because the arts are older than us. He has not challenged a fighter from Shaolin, who is a high caliber master, and there are several who are easy to reach out to for someone like him. Funny thing is, you never hear Muay Thai fighter riding to Shaolin to prove kickboxing dominance. Muay Thai is traditional. He can challenge Cung Le, Buakaw, lol.....or if he wants to pick on peaceful "traditional martial artist" you have Shi Yan Lei, Shi Yang Ming, who are in enough a spot light for him , they might spar with him? smh.....I want to know who he's trying to reach out to an challenge, bc if he isnt trying and getting turned down by real fighters and masters, hes full of it.

So, while I respect his courage, and I understand the plight of the honest realist, he still comes off as attention seeking. Why use fake masters as your claim to fame? If your art is strong, get your ass in the octagon and show and prove where it counts. If you want to see if traditional kung fu is valid to day, go find the BEST challenger who represents traditional kungfu. other than that, gtfo trying to "box" fake wing chun masters and "prove" to the world something obvious, that fake martial artist cant fight. then makes himself a big crybaby? complaining about being banned? well the performers feel bullied lol hahahhaha
I want to know who hurt is feelings? why he takes this path....because he has decent potential as a MMA fighter if thats what he wants to be, he doesnt have to beat fakes to prove himself.... And if its not for being hurt, then is he really just out for clout and using weak people to get it?

Either way, live and let live. humility humbles the ego, and humility might be expressed or perceived from anything/where/place/person. You cannot use your ego to humble some one, let their own journey do that.

So as student of life, wether you are Buddhist, Daoist, or martial artist of another faith, or self faith , whatever, you always have to examine the root of things, the origin, the silence things come from, because it all has a purpose. When I look at what MMA needs, and traditional arts needs, in my opinion, he serves no purpose. For himself, what purpose he serves is up to him, based on what he thinks/feels he needs. I just have never met warriors who cared what other warrior say about themselves or their craft UNLESS they were challenging them.

anyhow, going to do a pre work session now in celebration of honesty with self

Amituofo