Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Xu Xiaodong Challenges to Kung Fu

I agree with Xu on this one

Kung Fu
    Xu Xiaodong mocks ‘acupuncture master’ Huo Yanshan for ‘fake’ win over Chinese Sanda fighter
    Huo Yanshan ‘beats’ supposed Chinese Sanda fighter with a comical blow to the chest – and gives him some acupressure karate chops to alleviate the pain
    Chinese MMA fighter Xu challenges Huo to a fight so he can ‘defend the dignity of Sanda’
    Nicolas Atkin
    Published: 7:44pm, 2 Jul, 2019

Huo Yanshan faces off against the supposed Chinese Sanda fighter – who flops to the floor in faux agony. Photos: Fighting World

Xu Xiaodong has mocked a “fake” kung fu practitioner, ridiculing Huo Yanshan as the “acupuncture master” after he won what clearly appears to be a staged bout in China against a supposed Sanda fighter.
    Dressed in traditional martial arts attire but wearing boxing gloves for last weekend’s fight, Huo circled around the ring with his opponent before checking a couple of his kicks.
    The “Sanda fighter” then flopped to the floor after one mighty chop to his left pectoral from Huo, and rolled around for a bit while clutching his upper body and grimacing slightly.
    Huo danced around the ring celebrating while the commentators screamed in awe at his “knockout”, but our honourable master made sure to go back and check on his opponent – and this is where things got really silly.

Huo helped his opponent up to his feet with the Sanda fighter comically stumbling and shaking as his team tried to prop him up.
    A member of his team then delivered some acupressure chops to his back to help alleviate the pain (even though he was hit on the chest).

Huo Yanshan gives his opponent some acupuncture to alleviate the pain as he is carried out of the ring.

Huo also helpfully joined in with some gentle acupuncture chops of his own as his stricken opponent was carried out of the ring.
    It didn’t take long for Huo to start boasting of his momentous victory on Chinese social media, either.
    “After my fight, many people requested a fight against me,” Huo said in a video. “I hereby state I would accept any of form of fight, provided it is going to be held on a reasonable and legal platform.”

Huo Yanshan fells his opponent with an almighty chop to the chest.

Well, as we know well enough by now, outspoken Chinese MMA fighter Xu doesn’t need a second invitation to challenge what he sees as traditional martial arts frauds.
    “This chap is the disciple of Taiji cheater Chen Xiaowang – the so called acupuncture cheating master Huo Yanshan,” Xu wrote in a post on his Weibo account.
    Chen is the taijiquan “grandmaster” who successfully sued Xu in the Chinese courts last month. Xu was ordered to publicly apologise and had to pay damages of around 400,000 yuan.

Huo Yanshan’s opponent is helped to his feet by his team after his flop.

“I, Xu Xiaodong, will be the first one to go and fight against this fake master,” he added.
    “I call for organisers from all over the world to contact me for the fight and also give me an appearance fee to support my living!
    “I am not joking, a fight of any kind will do. Please contact me as I will wait for you. Xu Xiaodong will fight for the dignity of Chinese Sanda.”
    THREADS
    Xu Xiaodong
    no touch knockdown in MMA
    Acupuncture
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yeah...

....definitely appears the other fighter is preparing to fall before he is even struck in the chest.

Pierre Flores

Canadian wing chun master Pierre Flores wants to strike a blow for martial arts against Xu Xiaodong

‘The way he does it is wrong. It is not right to assume all martial arts are fake,’ says Pierre-Francois Flores, who wins latest bout in less than a minute
    The 43-year-old Flores caused stir in 2017 when he challenged Vietnamese kung fu ‘fraud’ Huynh Tan Kiet
    Nicolas Atkin
    Published: 2:41pm, 3 Jul, 2019

Pierre-Francois Flores (left) wants to fight Xu Xiaodong to get revenge for wing chun. Photos: YouTube

Outspoken Chinese MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong has been challenged by yet another wing chun master who says he is looking to defend the honour of traditional martial arts – but this one is Canadian and actually won a few fights.
    Pierre-Francois Flores was in Hanoi last week and beat amateur fighter Luu Cuong under kick-boxing rules – though he was reportedly 12kg heavier than his opponent.
    The 43-year-old caused a stir in 2017 when he competed in a full-contact bout with a local karate practitioner. The unsanctioned fight at a secret location was “in the spirit of friendship and martial arts”, according to his opponent, Doan Bao Chau, whom Flores dropped twice.
    Flores had originally planned to travel to Vietnam to challenge Huynh Tan Kiet, the founder and “grandmaster” of Nam Huynh Dao. Flores believes Kiet is a fraud for claiming he can channel electricity through his body to perform martial arts – so in that regard he has something in common with Xu.

Xu has also made it his mission to expose “fake” kung fu – but Flores said Xu has made him angry and he wants to get revenge for wing chun.
    Flores, who likes to promote respect between fighters, said he also wants to prove that the old traditional martial arts still have some values.
    continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Continued from previous post

“I was the first to accept a match with him, and I made it clear in the press,” Flores told Vietnamese media. “There is nothing complicated here.
    “Xu Xiaodong may not have known who I was two years ago when I ‘knocked on his door’. Now it all depends on whether he wants to open the door or not.
    “The way he does it is wrong. It is not right to assume that all martial arts are fake,” Flores added. “That is the mistake of Xu Xiaodong. There are good and bad things, but you can’t equate them all.”
    Flores’ latest win took less than a minute. It was determined Luu was unable to continue after a spinning back elbow.
    “Thank you Luu Cuong for this exchange! It was really nice to exchange with you,” Flores wrote on Facebook.
    Flores has also called for a fight with professional Vietnamese boxer Truong Dinh Hoang, who turned down the challenge because he is preparing for the Southeast Asian Games in the Philippines later this year.
    “If anyone wants to organise my match with Flores and my entire ticket sales and remuneration, I will devote everything to charity,” Truong said. “Then everyone would be allowed to watch it properly. It benefits all people and society.
    “Why do I talk about organising a decent match with ticket sales? Because there are so many people who want to see me and Flores fight. Why not have a good match, and still do many useful things for society?
    “I’ve never tried to escape before. I am a boxer and my job is to fight.”
    THREADS
    Threats and Challenges

Xu Xiaodong Challenges to Kung Fu
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ahh I'm starting to understand his purpose .....
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator

Pierre Flores

I'm disappointed that there aren't more practitioners showing up on Xu's doorstep. I've had a few people submit articles 'answering' Xu with theory, but that's not the way. If anything, that just shows how out of touch those writers are.

We published a genuine challenge response two years ago, but it was never answered. See Tai Chi’s Nick Osipczak Answers Xu Xiaodong’s Defeat of Wei Lei by Andrew Judge

Mixed Martial Arts
    Canadian wing chun master Pierre Flores turns up outside Xu Xiaodong’s gym in Beijing to issue challenge
    Pierre Francois Flores says the outspoken Chinese MMA fighter is a ‘brave warrior’ but is confident he can beat him
    ‘I am here to prove to Xu Xiaodong another version of wing chun’
    Nicolas Atkin
    Published: 4:21pm, 11 Jul, 2019

Pierre Francois Flores says he turned up at Xu Xiaodong’s gym to challenge the Chinese MMA fighter. Photo: Facebook/Pierre Francois Flores

Canadian wing chun master Pierre Francois Flores has taken things a step further in his bid to challenge Chinese MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong.
    Flores flew from Vietnam to China this week and turned up outside the outspoken 41-year-old’s gym in Chaoyang District, Beijing. “Mad Dog” was seemingly not there, but that didn’t stop Flores, who wants to strike a blow for traditional martial arts against Xu, from talking some smack.
    “He’s a very brave warrior, and I know him because I watch his training, he’s just like a lion,” Flores said of Xu. “But there’s a saying in Vietnam – before you get into the battle, know yourself, and know your opponent. When you do, you know the result of the battle.
    “And I know Xu Xiaodong, and I know myself and I know what’s gonna be the result. That’s why I’m here. To prove to Xu Xiaodong there’s many other wing chun versions to face, and I am only one of the many.”
    Two years ago, Xu issued an open challenge to all traditional martial artists after dishing out a brutal 10-second beating to the so-called tai chi master Wei Li, launching his mission to expose “fake kung fu”.
    “I accept this challenge and that’s why I’m here,” Flores said. “Xu Xiaodong not only defeated Wei Lei, the tai chi master, but after he beat up many masters of wing chun.
    “So wing chun has lost some credibility because of this, but you cannot judge because of a few bad apple masters a whole system.”
    Xu’s actions and words have seen him censored in China where he has been delisted on some search engines and regularly has his social media accounts removed.
    He also had his social credit score reduced to a D-level – banning him from travelling on high-speed transport, and from staying in star-rated hotels, among other societal sanctions.
    Xu said these sanctions were lifted after he paid around 400,000 yuan in damages and issued a public apology for calling tai chi grandmaster Chen Xiaowang a fraud. But he wants to become an Australian citizen so he can countersue Chen there.

Pierre Flores and Xu Xiaodong. Photos: YouTube/Facebook

“Wing chun has existed for more than 300 years and wing chun is like a big family, a big tree with many branches. And my branch is from Vietnam, it is an orthodox wing chun branch, a Shaolin wing chun branch actually,” Flores said.
    The 43-year-old Flores first caused a stir in 2017 when he challenged Vietnamese kung fu “fraud” Huynh Tan Kiet.
    He instead competed in a full-contact bout with a local karate practitioner and has won other bouts with local fighters since.
    “My master is Vietnamese, and he raised me like my father for more than 21 years. So his cause is my cause,” Flores said.
    “I came here to wave the Vietnam flag, to represent this beautiful country and to show there is a big branch in Vietnam and I’m wearing this flag on my heart. I’m here to prove to Xu Xiaodong another version of wing chun.”
    THREADS
    Xu Xiaodong
    Threats and Challenges
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

how does Xu Xiaodong write his name in Chinese (traditional) ? 徐 or 續 ? (Xú) or (Xů) anyone know?
    Last edited by Djuan; 07-14-2019 at 06:29 PM.
    Shaolin Meditator

anyone know where he (Xu Xiaodong) or his family is originally from?
    Shaolin Meditator

defending Shaolin

if Xu Xiaodong challenges traditional Shaolin, specifically, in those words, I will challenge him, all day. Only because we are blessed (to be able, and to bless those thru the culture worldwide) to protect Shaolin's integrity in battle. I'll leave it at that. Right here in the Bay Area, I know over 20 brothers alone, who will challege Xu Xiadong as well, its just not worth it for either party, unless he's going to get into some real MA work, and off of this hype he's on.
    still, thought he's not worth, Im at least 7 years younger than him, and much smaller than him, if its thing of someone insulting Shaolin, by asking for a dishonorable challenge, it wouldnt disturb my Ch'an to accept that challenge. On GP. Just as the Wing Chun fighter stood up for true Wing Chun, if Xu Xiaodong starts directing his bullshxt at Shaolin, I'm willing to meet that, within the scope of him using his "western MMA style", and I will use pure Shaolin. I think thats fair, and as martial artist we can be mature about it, and try to restore some order and face to the ENTIRE Martial Arts community.
    For instace, when people wanted to cash in and promot Yi Long as a Shaolin Monk, that was disturbing, and Shaolin stood up quickly and respectfully to denounce affiliation with Yi Long, and he honestly does more damage to the ignorant, than Xu Xiaodong, only because the meathead dojos love to point out an act like that to mock GungFu.
    Either way, I'd challenge both of them if we can make it happen, tho I doubt Xiadong would respond, and its all publicity anyway, if by chance it became a real situation, I'd represent Shaolin wholeheartedly, and I know a lot of you would!
    so dont be dissapointed Gene!!!! we will fight if it comes to it, TRUST.

Amituofo
    Shaolin Meditator

Fan Shuai Xin

Xu Xiaodong accepts challenge of ‘tai chi idiot liar’ Fan Shuai Xin – ‘it’s the biggest martial arts scam in China’
    ‘Let’s see if tai chi is fake, or if you are fake … don’t make up excuses,’ says tai chi ‘champion’ Fan Shuai Xin
    ‘Mad Dog’ accuses Fan of faking the final of a martial arts competition against his master on Chinese television – ‘they play around on the stage’
    Nicolas Atkin
    Published: 5:13pm, 20 Jul, 2019

Xu Xiaodong in an interview with Phoenix TV (left). Fan Shuai Xin challenges Xu on Weibo (right). Photos: Phoenix TV/Weibo

It looks like Xu Xiaodong might have his next fight lined up, with Chinese MMA’s “Mad Dog” accepting the challenge of tai chi “champion” Fan Shuai Xin.
    Fan called out the 40-year-old – who likes to expose “fake kung fu” by beating up traditional martial arts masters he believes are frauds – in an interview with Chinese media.
    “Winter Melon,” Fan said, using the demeaning alias given to Xu by the promoters of his last fight in accordance with China’s censorship of him, “I’m not a tai chi master, just a national champion.
    “Until you defeat me, then you can’t talk smack about tai chi. Let’s fight a match and see if tai chi is really fake, or if you are the fake. I represent tai chi and challenge you. Don’t make up excuses and avoid this match.”

Fan, who said he has “never stopped” loving and promoting tai chi, added that he was too busy to call out Xu before because he is an “entrepreneur”.
    “Those that use tai chi to promote themselves from obscurity should be ignored,” he said.
    It didn’t take long for Xu to respond. “Let’s take a look at another tai chi idiot liar challenging me,” Xu said on his Weibo account, posting the video of Fan’s interview.
    “It’s all show! It’s all fake! Liar! I told all of our team to accept your challenge! Please find the contact information of this child, we will find him to sign the contract!”
    Fan is the apprentice of Chen style tai chi master Wang Zhanjun – who beat Fan in the final of a televised martial arts competition in China, the video of which Xu also posted on his Weibo.

Fan Shuai Xin faces off with his master Wang Zhanjun in the final of a televised Chinese martial arts competition. Photo: YouTube/Fight Commentary

“This video must be watched!” Xu wrote. “I don’t know Fan Shuai Xin, the world champion of tai chi, but I said that I swear that as long as tai chi provokes me, I must kill it!
    “The video is the final of the Chinese Wushu Championship. One is Fan Shuai Xin and the other is Wang Zhanjun. Wang Zhanjun is the master of Fan!
    “Anyone who is a martial arts person can see that this is a fake boxing! A master versus apprentice fight, the apprentice loses, the master is champion. I accept this challenge, tai chi liar.”
    Fan responded in kind to Xu’s Weibo posts, denying his martial arts is fake and criticising Xu for “the pursuit of your vulgar fame and fortune”.
    Fan also mocked Xu for fighting Lu Gang – “who weighs only 100 pounds” – and took a swipe at his social credit score which placed restrictions on his use of public transport, saying “you can’t wait to sit on the green leather train to hit this person who weighs less than you”.
    “And then taking the opportunity to smear traditional martial arts as fake,” Fan added. “You said that tai chi is a scam, but you dare not come to Chenjiagou to fight against Taijiquan … It is disgusting.”

Xu Xiaodong before his fight against Lu Gang earlier this year. Photo: YouTube/Fight Commentary Breakdowns
    continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Continued from previous post

Fan fought an MMA bout a few years ago, but Xu responded by pointing out he himself is “the first person in China’s MMA” and that he organised the first Chinese men’s MMA competition in 2003 at Wanshou Road in Beijing.
    “Some people have evidence, you are still nonsense, you are obviously shameless, you and your master’s martial arts finals, a false match!” he said. “It has spread around the world! Thank you for helping me expose your master Wang Zhanjun, a tai chi liar. I accept your challenge.”

In another Weibo post linking to the video of Fan’s “fight” against Wang, Xu derided the final of the competition as “the biggest martial arts scam in China”.
    “The organiser conceals the true identity of these two people,” Xu wrote. “Fan Shuai Xin’s opponent Wang Zhanjun is Fan’s master! Two people played the most fake game in China’s most authoritative TV station and the most authoritative martial arts competition!
    “Fan Shuai Xin and the master Wang Zhanjun are performing in the whole game! They play around on the stage and in front of thousands of viewers on the TV.”
    A lot of these fights are fake. For sure...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Xu = pro-HK

Now Xu Xiaodong has chimed in on the Hong Kong protests. It's interesting on which side various Chinese celebs are landing...

Mixed Martial Arts
    MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong speaks out in support of Hong Kong people amid anti-government protests
    Controversial Chinese fighter suspects a smear campaign against the city
    Users of an online Hong Kong forum say they would welcome ‘Mad Dog’
    Chan Kin-wa
    Published: 2:13pm, 19 Aug, 2019

Chinese MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong at his Beijing gym. Photo: Tom Wang

Controversial Chinese MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong has sent a message of solidarity with Hong Kong’s anti-government protesters, but said he hoped the city’s social unity would not suffer lasting damage from tensions arising from recent developments.
    In online posts on social media platforms Sina Weibo and YouTube, Xu doubted whether mainland Chinese media reports on the protests had presented a clear picture of what was happening and many citizens seemed to believe the unrest was the work of gangsters and thugs, leading to some strong anti-Hong Kong sentiment on the mainland.
    Xu cited the case of a mainland citizen who was beaten up by protesters at Hong Kong International Airport last week, saying he felt ashamed of the behaviour of the man, whom he believed had been trying to provoke the crowd.
    The outspoken MMA fighter said he hoped a smear campaign was not being conducted and noted the importance of accepting the city was governed under the principle of “one country, two systems”.
    He posted in his social media accounts that he would kick people he suspected of trying to divide the country and smear Hong Kong people out of his “circle of friends”. Isolated violent acts and extreme individual behaviour were not broadly representative of most Hong Kong people’s attitude, he said.
    “Please let it be remembered, whatever Hong Kong people do, they are still part of our family,” he said. “Don’t be fooled by the evil power trying to turn Hong Kong people and Chinese people against each other.”
    The Beijing-based fighter said Hong Kong was China’s “Pearl of the Orient” and the world’s top free-trade port, as well as being the home of some of the world’s top universities. He said he had been watching Hong Kong movies and listening to Hong Kong music since his childhood. “Don’t forget all the blessings from Hong Kong people to the victims in big natural disasters in China,” he said.

Last week, Xu also expressed his sympathy to Hong Kong people in his first ever YouTube live broadcast.
    “Hong Kong people are Chinese and I am also Chinese. That’s why I love Hong Kong people,” he said in the broadcast. “Someone asked me if I know what’s happening in Hong Kong and queried my right to make any comment. They may be right, but I want to ask why we don’t know what’s exactly happening in Hong Kong. Why?”
    Xu’s comments were well received online.
    In Hong Kong-based forum LIHKG, many users said they respected Xu, saying he was a brave person for speaking out and said the Beijing citizen would be welcome to emigrate to Hong Kong. However, there were also worries for his safety as the broadcast was closely monitored by the authorities.
    Reports said Xu, who is a fierce critic of what he calls “fake kung fu”, previously had his social credit score lowered to heavily restricted “D” status in China following a court order. As a result, Xu was not allowed to buy plane tickets or train tickets.
    He had the restrictions lifted after he eventually apologised but he said he ended up paying around US$37,250 after legal fees and the cost of paying for a public apology to be placed.
    I guess Xu doesn't need to wear clown make-up anymore. That's too bad. I was rather enjoying that.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Xuan Wu v Tan Long

This one is slightly OT for Xu Xiaodong because it's not him (he's only mentioned) but very 'on topic' for our Yellow/Black Jumpsuit thread.

Of course, Tan Long was the name of Bruce Lee's character in Way of the Dragon. Anyone else notice the height difference between the 'fighters'?

SPORTS
    Another Chinese MMA fighter knocks out ‘fake’ kung fu master
    Photo: YouTube/Fight Commentary Breakdowns
    by Nick Atkin

Chinese mixed-martial arts fighter Xuan Wu has followed in the footsteps of his friend and fellow MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong by knocking out a “fake” kung fu master – in 12 seconds.

Xu, 41, has made a name for himself in the past few years by winning bouts against self-proclaimed practitioners of kung fu, or Chinese martial arts, in high-profile matches.

His challenge to old-school kung fu masters was interpreted in China as an act of defiance against traditional martial arts.

This time, the challenger was a man called Tan Long. He said he was representing the wing chun style of fighting. He was dressed in a yellow jumpsuit similar to the one martial arts icon Bruce Lee wore in the film Game of Death.

Tan had challenged Xuan Wu, a fighter name which translates to “Black Tortoise,” to the fight in a trash-talking video on social media, saying he would put up 1 million yuan.

The fight took place in a boxing ring in early August in the middle of a shopping center in Yinchuan, capital of the Ningxia autonomous region in northwest China.

According to footage of the fight, Tan threw a half-hearted flying jump kick at the start of the bout before running away.

Xuan Wu chases Tan Long, dressed in the yellow jumpsuit in homage to Bruce Lee, across the ring. Photo: YouTube/Fight Commentary Breakdowns

Xuan Wu quickly cornered his opponent against the ropes and threw a right high kick to stun him, followed by a left high kick to the head which sent Tan to the canvas and ended proceedings.

Xuan celebrated wildly, performing a standing backflip in the ring, all while Tan continued to lie flat on his back on the ground.

At Xuan’s last fight, the outspoken Xu had watched from ringside as he beat another supposed wing chun master, Li Feng, at a shopping mall in April.

In that fight, which was bare knuckle with only wraps, Wu used just his left arm and left leg to easily beat the wing chun fighter.

Nick Atkin
    Nicolas is a contributor to Inkstone. He is a production editor on the South China Morning Post's sport desk and was previously a sports writer for ESPN.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I've been waiting for this shoe to drop...

Chinese authorities question MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong over Hong Kong protest comments
    MMA fighter says authorities visited him at his Beijing home after Twitter post supporting Hong Kong people
    ‘Mad Dog’ is worried about deviating from official mainland view on Hong Kong but wants to exercise right to speak freely, citing Chinese constitution
    SCMP Reporter
    Published: 4:52pm, 22 Aug, 2019

Xu Xiaodong has been censored in China. Photo: Weibo
    MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong has said Chinese authorities visited him at his Beijing home and questioned him about his views after his comments on social media about the Hong Kong protests.
    While famous Chinese actors like Jackie Chan and Liu Yifei, as well as other public figures, have criticised anti-government demonstrations amid nationalist fury, the controversial “Mad Dog” spoke out in support of Hong Kong people.
    Last Monday, state-run news agency Xinhua called protesters “rioters”, saying they had created “black terror” after a weekend of violent clashes. But Xu – who has been censored by authorities in China for exposing what he calls “fake kung fu” – said he suspected a smear campaign against the city.
    “You can’t call all Hongkongers rioters. Can you call all 7 million Hong Kong residents rioters? Can you call 2 million demonstrators rioters?” Xu told SCMP’s Inkstone.
    “Hong Kong is a member of our family. We should love and protect Hongkongers, and stand in unity with them. There are no rioters in Hong Kong, only unlawful individuals,” he added.
    Xu said he was worried about deviating from the official mainland Chinese view on Hong Kong, where protests have stretched into an 11th consecutive week, but wanted to exercise his right to speak freely, citing the Chinese constitution.
    Xu Xiaodong’s friend and fellow Chinese MMA fighter knocks out Bruce Lee wannabe in 12 seconds
    In his Twitter comments, the fighter wrote that Hong Kong was China’s “Pearl of the Orient” and the world’s top free-trade port, with quality higher education including some of the world’s top universities.
    He also praised the city’s entertainment industry, saying he had been watching Hong Kong films and listening to Hong Kong music since his childhood.
    “Don’t forget all the blessings from Hong Kong people to the victims in big natural disasters in China,” he said.

Last week, Xu also expressed his sympathy to Hong Kong people in his first YouTube live broadcast.
    “Hong Kong people are Chinese and I am also Chinese. That’s why I love Hong Kong people,” he said in the broadcast.
    “Someone asked me if I know what’s happening in Hong Kong and queried my right to make any comment. They may be right, but I want to ask why we don’t know what’s exactly happening in Hong Kong. Why?”
    China orders Xu Xiaodong to publicly apologise and pay damages for insulting tai chi ‘grandmaster’ Chen Xiaowang
    Xu has previously had his social credit score lowered to heavily restricted “D” status in China following a court order. As a result, Xu was not allowed to buy plane tickets or high-speed train tickets, among other restrictions.
    He had the restrictions lifted after he eventually apologised but he said he ended up paying around US$37,250 after legal fees and the cost of paying for a public apology to be placed.
    Inkstone’s Qin Chen contributed to this article

THREADS
    Xu Xiaodong
    Hong Kong protests
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

lol he should move to the states, then he can accept all the lovely invites he has waiting out here.
    as they all wait....
    Shaolin Meditator