Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Larkin explains self-defense techniques | MMA...

Bull****, the traditional martial artist wouldn't have smacked a girl in the face for no reason. that tough guy got his ass kick cause he was over confident. I used this story in my book, the chapter called {Street Vs Tournament}. A wrestling champion picked a fight with a slim unassuming man and put him in a rear naked choke, the guy pulled out a small knife and swung back at him ending up catching him in the neck. The wrestler died. In my book was a second story, of a young wrester coach I had in Beijing also had a similar incident. It illustrates how grappling and sport fighting can be dangerous if you are over confident in a street fight.

kung fu right now is going through this because people who aren't competitive fighters are trying to beat guys who are, and at their own game, it's ridiculous. if your art wasn't developed for that ,but you want to compete you need to train for competitions. I used ninjutsu strategies back in the 90s against three bigger guys outside a bar in the early morning hours in NYC. if I had used bjj or wrestling strategies I'm sure I would have wound up in the hospital that night.

Last edited by wiz cool c; 06-02-2017 at 12:59 AM.

That's Dusty Harless, the wrestler I mentioned in my post. Regarding the knife, it was a Spyderco Endura, that had a blade a hair under 4" long, so technically it would be considered a large folding knife.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 06-02-2017 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    Bull****, the traditional martial artist wouldn't have smacked a girl in the face for no reason. that tough guy got his ass kick cause he was over confident. I used this story in my book, the chapter called {Street Vs Tournament}. A wrestling champion picked a fight with a slim unassuming man and put him in a rear naked choke, the guy pulled out a small knife and swung back at him ending up catching him in the neck. The wrestler died. In my book was a second story, of a young wrester coach I had in Beijing also had a similar incident. It illustrates how grappling and sport fighting can be dangerous if you are over confident in a street fight.

kung fu right now is going through this because people who aren't competitive fighters are trying to beat guys who are, and at their own game, it's ridiculous. if your art wasn't developed for that ,but you want to compete you need to train for competitions. I used ninjutsu strategies back in the 90s against three bigger guys outside a bar in the early morning hours in NYC. if I had used bjj or wrestling strategies I'm sure I would have wound up in the hospital that night.

You're right, traditional martial artists just go around raping children and carving up people with knives while dressed as monks. But hey, don't let reality get in the way of your fucking BS narrative.

Still waiting for one of you assholes to demonstrate how prancing around like ballerinas (aka. "traditional martial arts") has done any better at preparing people for confrontation in "the streetz". Here's reality, moron. 95% of a physical confrontation plays out before the first blow is throw or bullet fired. No martial art on the planet (most especially "traditional") has done 1 fucking thing to approach teaching crisis recognition and de-escalation. So take your false superiority and shove it up your ass.

The only thing this thread shows is that weapons are better than fists. No fucking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    That's Dusty Harless, the wrestler I mentioned in my post. Regarding the knife, it was a Spyderco Endura, that had a blade a hair under 4" long, so technically it would be considered a large folding knife.
    O hey Jimbo, didn't noticed you wrote that already. That story illustrates an important point, as does this video of the MMA guy getting beat up by three guys. The other story I put in my book was about a big Chinese guy who was a wrestling coach back in Beijing. there was some altercation over traffic. and they two cars stopped at a light. I believe both cars had several people in them. the big wrestling coach went out of his car walked over to the other guys car reached through the open window and grabbed the driver. the driver produced a blade and cut his hand. bad enough to need surgery more than once. he couldn't make a fist with that hand anymore. luckily he didn't really care much for having a career in wrestling but married some rich girl.

People just follow what ever is popular, and disregard what is not the current "thing". it is pretty ignorant really. I just got back from Beijing, trained with my old friend at his new gym. He is a pro MMA fighter. I watched the pro fighters train, their grappling workout. these guys are animals. I didn't roll at all cause after I had reconstructive knee surgery in china ,I don't like the idea of twisting my knee. I took their kickboxing class which is for non pros. I sparred a few rounds with the members, did just fine with my kung fu skills.

Would I ever challenge an mma fighter at an mma style match, not in a million years. Does that mean I cant fight or defend myself? no I have used my skills many times. depends on many things.
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 06-02-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Bull****, the traditional martial artist wouldn't have smacked a girl in the face for no reason. that tough guy got his ass kick cause he was over confident.
    muthafuka urself bullied a Chinese farmer. and huang aguilar is shaolin guy that rape and murdered Nigerian women in spain.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    muthafuka urself bullied a Chinese farmer. and huang aguilar is shaolin guy that rape and murdered Nigerian women in spain.
    you live a sheltered life don't you. you need to get out more and not just to kung fu and mma class. you know nothing about life dude how old are you?

Very good video sharing. Good MA student who has trained free fight skills long enough will have different scenerios included - one against multiple opponents, unarmed fight, weapon fight, etc.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong

you live a sheltered life don't you. you need to get out more and not just to kung fu and mma class. you know nothing about life dude how old are you?
    if u annoy me any further later this year i really will go talk to your teacher in real life.
    Last edited by bawang; 06-04-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Tone down the vitriol here please.

Some forum members are starting to complain. No need to muddle the discussion with unnecessary unpleasantness. Keep it civil.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Some forum members are starting to complain. No need to muddle the discussion with unnecessary unpleasantness. Keep it civil.
    http://www.pnas.org/content/108/28/11375.full

**** civility

Another example of why fighting arts need to teach the traditional values of martial arts and not just the fighting part. https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/war...5204--mma.html

banned

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post

**** civility
    Wrong answer.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart