Thread: What style \lineage is this...

What style \lineage is this...

I have found an video years ago with some wing chun . The forms are different from everything I saw . They have some san sik similar to YKS and SCWC like "side punch" and "arrow punch" but the actual way of execution is different . I have asked some people here and there but no one could give me the answer. Here is the video of the forms , so if anyone knows anything , please share https://youtu.be/hbqy18QxLMc

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    I have found an video years ago with some wing chun . The forms are different from everything I saw . They have some san sik similar to YKS and SCWC like "side punch" and "arrow punch" but the actual way of execution is different . I have asked some people here and there but no one could give me the answer. Here is the video of the forms , so if anyone knows anything , please share https://youtu.be/hbqy18QxLMc
    Looks to be a modified version of Yiu Choi (Student of Yuen Chai Wan & Ng Chung So). Possibly a Vietnamese hybrid of Yuen Chai Wan and Yiu Choi. It has elements of Fok Chiu's WC (a student of Yiu Choi) and elements from Yuen Chai Wan who after teaching Yiu Choi left for Vietnam. Either way it's partially Yuen family and Yip Man WC. My guess is that it's a fairly recent re-creation being passed off as "original" Yuen Chai Wan WC material, it is not. Chai Wan's art still exists in its entirety & is not much different than his brother's, Yuen Kay San. There are many branches of Yuen Chai Wan that have added much to the system to fill gaps.
    Last edited by Sihing73; 06-28-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    Looks to be a basterdized version of Yiu Choi (Student of Yuen Chai Wan & Ng Chung So). Possibly a Vietnamese hybrid of Yuen Chai Wan and Yiu Choi. It has elements of Fok Chiu's WC (a student of Yiu Choi) and elements from Yuen Chai Wan who after teaching Yiu Choi left for Vietnam. Either way it's partially Yuen family and Yip Man WC. My guess is that it's a fairly recent re-creation being passed off as "original" Yuen Chai Wan WC material, it is not. Chai Wan's art still exists in its entirety & is not much different than his brother's, Yuen Kay San. There are many branches of Yuen Chai Wan that have added much to the system to fill gaps.
    Thanks, I am not sure whether Yiu Choi's or YCW's styles have san sik . The fourth form is very interesting, it looks a lot like William Cheung's second form

There are many branches of Yuen Chai Wan that have added much to the system to fill gaps.
    @zuti car:

The video has the Youku watermark on it. Do you have a link to the original video on Youku?
    More information might be found there. But I think clearly the person in the video is drawing from more than one source for his style.
    Last edited by Sihing73; 05-30-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    Thanks, I am not sure whether Yiu Choi's or YCW's styles have san sik . The fourth form is very interesting, it looks a lot like William Cheung's second form
    YCW had San Sik, if you are seeing elements of TWC, it is probably just a modern hybrid creation. I see multiple branches as influencing this method shown.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    @zuti car:

The video has the Youku watermark on it. Do you have a link to the original video on Youku?
    More information might be found there. But I think clearly the person in the video is drawing from more than one source for his style.
    No ,it is an old video and it is removed , it is about hour long but no mention of the style or lineage.

Looks to be a basterdized version of Yiu Choi (Student of Yuen Chai Wan & Ng Chung So). Possibly a Vietnamese hybrid of Yuen Chai Wan and Yiu Choi. It has elements of Fok Chiu's WC (a student of Yiu Choi) and elements from Yuen Chai Wan who after teaching Yiu Choi left for Vietnam. Either way it's partially Yuen family and Yip Man WC. My guess is that it's a fairly recent re-creation being passed off as "original" Yuen Chai Wan WC material, it is not. Chai Wan's art still exists in its entirety & is not much different than his brother's, Yuen Kay San. There are many branches of Yuen Chai Wan that have added much to the system to fill gaps.
    Don't you think you should choose your words a bit more carefully? There might be students of this style posting here on the forum, and you might have upset them.

I think that if anyone said TWC (for example) was a "basterdized version" of YM VT, then the moderators might have something to say about it! *note: there is NO reason for ANYONE to say this about TWC, even though it looks more than a little peculiar compared to the standard system*