Thread: What is the best Kung Fu System for Fighting Multiple attackers ?

Hybrid View

What is the best Kung Fu System for Fighting Multiple attackers ?

I herd Choy Lay Fut is good at it . What other kung fu styles are good for fighting many attackers at one time ?

none? all?

The fighter is key here. More so than style. Style isn't anything until it's applied. The person must apply.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

None of them. If you're getting jumped by multiple attackers simultaneously, you might get a few good licks in, but you're going down. That is, unless your attackers are uncoordinated morons, in which case, you may want to re-evaluate the situation.

Blog Entries
    Gweilo_Fist

None of them. If you're getting jumped by multiple attackers simultaneously, you might get a few good licks in, but you're going down. That is, unless your attackers are uncoordinated morons, in which case, you may want to re-evaluate the situation.

THIS is where Choy Lee Fut excels. Supported by Bruce Lee.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

All the kung fu systems of China have this theory in mind. Just look at the forms, how they constantly change directions. The changing of directions represents multiple opponents. In ancient China you could imagine bandits traveled in groups. Ever watch an old shaw brothers film?

I had an incident about 20 years ago outside a bar where three bigger guys were trying to surround me to kick my ass, I grabbed a bottle broke it and kept it in front of me as a deterrent. I moved around using evasive foot work and made sure no one got close enough or behind me. they eventually gave up cause they could get a hold of me.

I thought kung fu styles like Choy Lay Fut or long fist kung fu was good because they are circular and there punches or some of there punches and techniques move in circular movements as if someone was surounding a person and that styles like wing chun are more straight line arts just dealing with one attacker at a time .

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    All the kung fu systems of China have this theory in mind. Just look at the forms, how they constantly change directions. The changing of directions represents multiple opponents.

Yep, any style that have such footwork, tactics and mid to long range techniques against multiple opponents will do. One uses such footwork to avoid being attacked by more than one opponent at the same time. He uses the body of one opponent to block the attack coming from other opponents.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong