Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Wick: Chapter 3: Parabellum

John Wick: Chapter 3: Parabellum

JUNE 01, 2017 12:12pm PT by Borys Kit
    'John Wick 3' Brings Back Writer Derek Kolstad (Exclusive)

Getty Images

He penned the screenplays for the first two Keanu Reeves hits.
    Derek Kolstad, who penned the Keanu Reeves hits John Wick and John Wick: Chapter 2, will keep the bullets flying.

The scribe has been tapped to pen the screenplay for the third installment of the action franchise, John Wick: Chapter 3, for Lionsgate and producer Basil Iwanyk.

Chapter 3 is being fast-tracked to start production this fall with Reeves expected to reprise his role of beleaguered hitman John Wick. Chad Stahelski, who co-directed the first movie with Derek Leitch and sat solo behind the camera for the second one, is working with Kolstad and developing the project with an eye to direct it.

The two Wick installments have made over $250 million worldwide while being smartly and modestly budgeted. The movies, which took audiences deep into a worldwide society of assassins, have also been a hit with critics.

Bringing back Kolstad is seen as keeping the creative team intact and not messing up a winning combination.

Kolstad wrote the original Wick on spec; it was originally titled Scorn. The writer is keeping a handle on his creation’s activities outside the movies, having also written the VR video game, John Wick: Chronicles (currently available on Steam), and is consulting on the John Wick comic book series, coming out later this year.

Kolstad is repped by APA, Circle of Confusion and Behr Abramson Levy.
    John Wick
    John Wick 2
    John Wick 3
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

May 17, 2019

Marking my calendar now...

John Wick: Chapter Three Release Date Set for 2019
    BY CS ON SEPTEMBER 14, 2017

Lionsgate announced today that the John Wick: Chapter Three release date has been set for May 17, 2019. Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment will distribute the film, again starring Keanu Reeves in the title role. Surprisingly, no other movie has been set for that date yet.

What is no surprise, however, is that a third John Wick film is coming. The first film grossed $88 million worldwide ($43 million domestically and $45.7 million internationally) in 2014, and that was topped by the second film earlier this year with $171.5 million worldwide ($92 million domestically and $79.5 million internationally).

In John Wick 2, legendary hitman John Wick (Keanu Reeves) is forced back out of retirement by a former associate plotting to seize control of a shadowy international assassins’ guild. Bound by a blood oath to help him, John travels to Rome where he squares off against some of the world’s deadliest killers. The film also stars Common, Laurence Fishburne, Riccardo Scamarcio, Ruby Rose, Lance Reddick, Bridget Moynahan, Franco Nero, John Leguizamo, and Ian McShane.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Hiroyuki Sanada

Cool! I luv Hiroyuki Sanada.

EXCLUSIVE: ‘John Wick 3’ Details: Director, New Characters, Start Date and More
    That Hashtag Writer January 17, 2018

Keanu Reeves career seems to be full of iconic roles. Some know him as Ted “Theodore” Logan; some as Johnny Utah; some as Neo. Recently, however, Reeves is known for his work as bad ass John Wick and we have the scoop on what to expect from the third installment in the series!

First of all, Chad Stahelski, who co-directed the first film before going solo on the second, is now officially on board for the third film. The film is expected to begin principal photography on March 1st in New York City with additional filming potentially taking place in Spain and Russia!

John Wick 3 will feature a few familiar faces with Cassian (Common) and the Bowery King (Laurence Fishburne) and Ares (Ruby Rose) set to return but the film is going to introduce some new faces as well, and we know who one of them will be. The film’s main antagonist, said to be the head of a Japanese crime syndicate, will be played Hiroyuki Sanada (The Wolverine, Avengers 4). John Wick 3 will represent a reunion for Reeves and Sanada as the pair starred together in the 2013 film 47 Ronin.

We’ve also been told that there is a yet to be cast female role opposite Reeves. The studio is searching for an actress in her late 20s to early 40s and is open to diverse casting. While we’ve heard that Reeves is keen to bring actress Tilda Swinton into the John Wick franchise, this may NOT be that role.

With filming set to begin in just over a month, we’ll expect to hear quite a bit more on the film over the coming months. John Wick 3 is set to debut in theaters May 17, 2019
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Halle Berry, Anjelica Huston, Asia Kate Dillon

Mark Dacascos and Yayan Ruhian and Cecep Arif Rahman

MAY 21, 2018 9:09am PT by Borys Kit
    Halle Berry Joins Keanu Reeves in 'John Wick: Chapter 3'

Desiree Navarro/WireImage

Chad Stahelski, who has overseen the mayhem in the first two movies, is back behind the camera.
    Halle Berry has signed on to star opposite Keanu Reeves in John Wick: Chapter 3, the latest installment of Liongate’s action movie series.

Chad Stahelski, who has overseen the mayhem in the first two movies, is back behind the camera of Chapter 3.

The story picks up after the events of Chapter 2, which sees Wick, a former assassin who tried and failed to live the quiet life, with a $14 million price tag on his head and an army of bounty-hunting killers on his trail. After killing a member of the shadowy international assassin’s guild, the High Table, John Wick is excommunicado, but the world’s most ruthless hitmen and women await his every turn.

Berry’s character details are being kept secret, but sources say she will not be the film’s villain.

Derek Kolstad, writing team Chris Collins and Marc Abrams and Shay Hatten penned the script.

Thunder Road Pictures’ Basil Iwanyk and Erica Lee are producing in association with 87Eleven Productions.

Berry, repped by WME and Management 360, last co-starred in comic book action movie The Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

Berry shared an Instagram post Monday confirming her stay in the Continental Hotel, the film's hotel for assassins. "It's a date. 5.17.19," she said of the film's release date.

She also revealed her character will be named Sofia.
    MAY 21, 2018 9:45am PT by Borys Kit
    Anjelica Huston, Asia Kate Dillon Join Keanu Reeves in 'John Wick: Chapter 3'

Courtesy of Lionsgate; Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images
    Anjelica Huston, Asia Kate Dillon

Laurence Fishburne and Ian McShane are among those set to return, while Mark Dacascos and Yayan Ruhian and Cecep Arif Rahman from "The Raid" film franchise will be assassins.

Anjelica Huston and Orange Is the New Black’s Asia Kate Dillon have joined Keanu Reeves in John Wick: Chapter 3.

Mark Dacascos, who appeared in Hawaii Five-0 and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Jason Mantzoukas (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) have also joined Liongate’s action movie, which continues the bullet-spewing adventures of Reeves’ assassin.

Additionally, Laurence Fishburne, Ian McShane and Lance Reddick are returning to reprise their roles.

On the action front, Yayan Ruhian and Cecep Arif Rahman from The Raid film franchise will play professional killers that Wick has to face off against. Martial arts star Tiger Hu Chen from Man of Tai Chi will also square off against Wick.

The story picks up after the events of Chapter 2, which sees Wick, a former assassin who tried and failed to live the quiet life, with a $14 million price tag on his head and an army of bounty-hunting killers on his trail. After killing a member of the shadowy international assassin’s guild, the High Table, Wick is excommunicato, but the world’s most ruthless hitmen and women await his every turn.

Huston will play a figure known as as The Director, while Dillon is The Adjudicator of the High Table. Dacascos is an assassin named Zero, and Mantzoukas as the Tick Tock Man.

Halle Berry is already signed on as the female lead of the movie, a character named Sofia.

John Wick: Chapter 3 is set to hit theaters May 17, 2019.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

shotguns & ninjas!

John Wick 3: Parabellum – Exclusive Image of Keanu Reeves Horse Stunt

With just two films, the saga of John Wick – aka Baba Yaga, aka the Boogeyman – has become one of Hollywood’s most exciting action franchises, giving Keanu Reeves the only excuse he needed to let loose against all kinds of Russian baddies and trained assassins. And with the set-up for John Wick 3: Parabellum teasing the titular badass going up against every assassin in the entire world (really), the next instalment is one to be very, very excited about. And that’s before you factor in this photo of Wick riding a massive black horse through the streets of New York while pursued by foes on motorbikes.

In an exclusive new image, as seen in the upcoming issue of Empire, Wick seems to be making an unconventional getaway having been left with an open hit on his head.

John Wick 3: Parabellum

According to director Chad Stahelski, this time the maelstrom around Wick will include “horses, dogs, cats, a raven, a bunch of pigeons, a motorcycle chase, car chase, Halle Berry, Laurence Fishburne, Ian McShane, Lance Reddick, shotguns and ninjas”. And if that doesn’t sound like the greatest thing in the world to you, there’s nothing more that can be done.

Read plenty more about John Wick 3 when the new Fantastic Beasts issue of Empire hits newsstands on Thursday 4 October. Take a look at the subscriber cover here, from Harry Potter design wizards MinaLima.
    I may just have to pick this issue of Empire up. Good to see a print mag still bringing it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

no limit

John Wick 3 director says he and Keanu Reeves have 'ideas' for more sequels
    CLARK COLLIS
    December 20, 2018 at 10:00 AM EST

Director Chad Stahelski is currently finishing work on his third John Wick film, John Wick: Chapter 3 (out May 17), and is an executive producer on the in-the-works John Wick TV show, titled The Continental. But the filmmaker tells EW that he and actor Keanu Reeves have plenty of ideas for more movies featuring Reeves’ titular hitman, should Chapter 3 prove a success.

“I enjoy making these movies because there’s no limit,” says Stahelski. “We create our own mythology, and we have a studio that both stays out of our way and supports us on the wacky decisions. If people go see the movie, and it makes money, and they came back to us, Keanu and I have ideas for days. I could live here for the rest of my career. If people like it and want to watch more, I could think of way worse ways to spend your career. But, you know, we’re in the entertainment business. We’ll let the audience figure that out.”

In John Wick: Chapter 3, Reeves’ character finds himself with a $14 million bounty on his head following the events of 2017’s previous film.

“The first part of the film is John Wick escaping New York and trying to line up the assets he’ll need to find a way out of the problem he’s in,” says Stahelski.

John Wick: Chapter 3 costars Halle Berry, Ian McShane, Laurence Fishburne, Anjelica Huston, Asia Kate Dillon, Lance Reddick, and Mark Dacascos, among others.
    He could keep making these forever as far as I'm concerned, as long as he also reboots Highlander.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Trailer #1

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

'John Wick 3' Official Trailer (2019) | Keanu Reeves, Halle Berry, Laurence Fishburne

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The new Taran Tactical John Wick 3 STI Combat Master

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Halle Berry

Halle Berry learned three years of martial arts in six months for ‘John Wick 3’
    Instructor said he never met anyone who works or trains harder
    By Shawn Gant -May 5, 2019

Halle Berry attends The 21st CDGA (Photo by Amy Sussman/Getty Images for CDGA)

Halle Berry will co-star alongside Keanu Reeves in the forthcoming film, John Wick 3: Parabellum, and to do so she pulled three years of martial arts training into a six-month window.

The second sequel to the action franchise brings Berry in for the first time and the 52-year-old actress was ready for the job. The training was described by Berry as the hardest work of her acting career.

“You can’t normally get to the level I got to in five months, it normally takes people two or three years and I got all this training under the guise of doing my work,” Berry said to The List.

Throughout her journey, Berry showcased her workout and intense training on Instagram citing joy at the work asked of her by the film’s director Chad Stahelski.

“I can show the world through my eyes but I can also choose what I do and don’t want to talk about,” Berry added.

In her training, Berry was led by Peter Lee Thomas who took her through boxing, kickboxing, and Muay Thai. Those different art forms do not include the efforts of the strength and conditioning required to perform. Berry’s workouts included dumbbells, kettlebells, pulls, sprints and more. Thomas details Berry’s effort as one of a kind, stating he “never met anybody that works harder and trains harder.”

The details of Berry’s work ethic are astounding. Speaking with The Inquisitr, Berry revealed that she broke three ribs while working on the film and feared replacement by the director if she took too much time to heal.

In the new film, Berry will play Sofia, an assassin and friend of Reeves’ Wick character.

The high-paced action of John Wick 3: Parabellum arrives in theaters on May 15 and will also have Laurence Fishburne, Lance Reddick, Ian McShane and more in the film.
    I wonder which ribs she broke.

THREADS
    Celebrities studying martial arts?
    John Wick 3
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Such a tease...

‘John Wick’ Director Hopeful Lana and Lilly Wachowski Return for Fourth #Matrix Movie
    "The Matrix" last graced the big screen in 2003 with trilogy-ender "The Matrix Revolutions."
    Zack Sharf
    May 10, 2019 11:17 am
    @zsharf

“The Matrix”
    Warner Bros.

Update 2:00pm ET: Chad Stahelski’s reps tell IndieWire the director was misquoted in his Yahoo Movies UK interview. His answers were hypothetical and he was speaking about his desire for the Wachowskis to return and not confirming they were involved.

Are Lana and Lilly Wachowski gearing up to revive their iconic “Matrix” franchise on the big screen? No official word has come from the directing duo, but “John Wick” director Chad Stahelski tells Yahoo Movies UK that’s the plan at the moment. News broke in March 2017 that Warner Bros. was eyeing a “Matrix” reboot with Michael B. Jordan in contention for the leading role. The Wachowskis were not attached to the project at the time but according to Stahelski that has changed.

“I’m super happy that the Wachowskis are not just doing a ‘Matrix,’ but they’re expanding what we all loved,” Stahelski told Yahoo Movies UK. “And if it’s anywhere near the level of what they’ve already done, it wouldn’t take more than a call to go, ‘Hey, we want you to be a stunt guy’ and I would probably go and get hit by a car.”

Stahelski said he’s not positive whether or not the Wachowskis will return as the directors of the film (“I’m not sure of the overall. I’m not sure if Lana is”), but he assured fans Lana and Lilly will be involved creatively in some capacity with bringing their beloved film franchise back to life on the big screen.

“Yeah,” the director said when asked if the Wachowskis are involved. “And if they wanted help, I would absolutely put down whatever I was doing to help them.”

Stahelski worked as a stunt performer on the original “Matrix” trilogy and has since made a name for himself as the director of the “John Wick” movies. The director’s newest action franchise has kept him busy working with original “Matrix” star Keanu Reeves. “The Matrix” launched in 1999 and was heralded as a game-changing blockbuster due to its use of pioneering visual effects. The original won four Oscars and grossed $463 million worldwide. Two sequels followed, “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions,” both of which were released theatrically in 2003. The films spawned successful video games and books as well. It’s still unclear whether or not a fourth “Matrix” movie would be a prequel, although that was the original rumor.

IndieWire has reached out to the Wachowskis’ representatives for further comment.
    THREADS
    The Matrix Reboot
    John Wick 3: Parabellum
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Keanu Reeves: What It's Like To Fight On A Horse

Screener tomorrow.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I'm seeing more and more articles on workout regimens for actors preparing for action movie roles so I'm starting this Training for Movies thread to see where it goes with John Wick: Chapter 3: Parabellum. It'll be akin to our Celebrities studying martial arts? thread, but not necessarily martial.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Seen!

Saving my first forum review for this Friday when we'll drop an official one on KungFuMagazine.com (gotta do it that way to get into screeners, know what I mean?) I will say this. It's ****ing bad ass.

Whoa! Keanu Reeves’ Hand, Footprints Get Permanent Spot At TCL Chinese Theatre In Hollywood
    May 14, 2019 at 10:18 am

HOLLYWOOD (CBSLA) — Whoa! Keanu Reeves continued his excellent adventure in Hollywood by putting his hand and footprints in cement to be memorialized at the TCL Chinese Theatre Tuesday.

Reeves sank his hands and feet into cement at an 11 a.m. ceremony, permanently placing him among Hollywood legends such as John Wayne, Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe.

HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA – MAY 14: Cement with Keanu Reeves’ handprints is seen during a ceremony in his honor at the TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX forecourt on May 14, 2019 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Emma McIntyre/Getty Images)

The 54-year-old actor’s long list of credits include a number of blockbuster movie franchises, including “Speed,” the “Matrix” trilogy, and his latest film, “John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum,” which opens Friday. He will also soon revisit the role that made him a star, Ted, in “Bill & Ted Face the Music.”

Reeves’ acting career began as a stage actor, with performances in the Toronto area where he was raised. He came to Hollywood for a role in the 1986 film “Youngblood.” It wasn’t long before he became a box office star with “Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure.”

In between heading up blockbuster film franchises, Reeves has also starred in “Devil’s Advocate,” “A Walk in the Clouds,” “The Replacements,” “My Own Private Idaho,” and cult classic “Point Break.” He will also have a voice role in the upcoming animated sequel “Toy Story 4.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

John Wick Director Teases Chapter 4 Is Already in the Works
    By CHARLIE RIDGELY - May 15, 2019 12:47 pm

The third installment in the ever-popular John Wick franchise, John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum, is set to hit theaters in just a couple of days. Some may think that the completion of a trilogy marks the end of the Keanu Reeves series, but it looks as though that might not be the case. Reeves has been open about his willingness to come back for more movies, and appears those words haven't fallen on deaf ears. Director Chad Stahelski is already hinting that a fourth installment is already in the works.

Ahead of the release of Parabellum this week, Stahelski took part in an "Ask Me Anything" Q&A on Reddit. Early on, Stahelski said that the possibility of John Wick 4 was up to the fans, as so much hinges on the box office success of the films. However, he changed his tune a bit later, when asked which of the John Wick films was most difficult to make.

His answer was pretty surprising, giving that he admitted Chapter 4 would be the hardest, and there has yet to be an official mention of Chapter 4 from the studio.

"1 was difficult because we didn’t understand what we wanted to do, quite," the director began. "Number 2, we had to map up a whole world we didn’t think of before. 3, how do we expand and get the audience something creative, not just bigger and cooler. Number 4, I’m certain, will be more difficult.”

No one has confirmed a fourth John Wick movie, but the fact that it's being talked about behind the scenes shouldn't come as much of a surprise. The entire franchise has been beloved by both critics and fans since it launched in 2014. It also continues to flourish at the box office, especially compared to how little they cost to produce.

How long do you think the John Wick franchise can continue? Are you looking forward to seeing Parabellum this weekend? Let us know in the comments!

John Wick
    John Wick 2
    John Wick 3
    The Continental
    John Wick 4
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips