Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yin Yang, The symbol of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    The Taiji symbol is literally representing movement. They just didn't have GIFs back then.

Taiji means the extreme limit, and the symbol is showing when one reaches its limit it must change into the other.

It's just describing natural phenomena. Such as how day turns to night, and night turns to day.

When the sun reaches its highest point in the sky, the upper limit, it starts to set and the sky gets darker.
    Then when the sky has become its darkest, it begins to transition into daylight once more.

How do you possibly interpret this concept as "complete rest"?

If your VT fails in live combat, it would seem impractical to blame the concept of yin-yang.
    Better to look at what you're actually doing and discover exactly why it's failing.

Besides your misuse of the concept, neither YM nor WSL appealed this in their VT teaching, anyway.
    We must remember, with total respect, Sigong WSL failed totally in the only competive endever he ever tried. AGAINST TRADITIONAL KUNG FU!!!. Why? Rules? There are always rules. It is called conditions. I don't buy the idea that VT cannot operate if there are rules.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

I have lost many fights... maybe I've lost my brain because of it. I am not bound by VT. It Should work...often it doesn't.When it does.... sweet.

Even in the presence and opinion of a crazy man, every one is being super Cool.. thanks... Be excellent to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    We must remember, with total respect, Sigong WSL failed totally in the only competive endever he ever tried. AGAINST TRADITIONAL KUNG FU!!!. Why? Rules? There are always rules. It is called conditions. I don't buy the idea that VT cannot operate if there are rules.
    The only source for this event that allegedly took place in 1957 is a book about Bruce Lee written 41 years after the event, and after WSL's death.

There is no record of the event, much less any match results, to be found anywhere on the Chinese internet.

Whereas, there are many unbiased eyewitness accounts, including from heads of other WC lineages, of WSL's many successful fights, most of which ended within three moves.

However, all that said, unlike some hero-worshippers who want to claim he had an undefeated career, I am not at all worried that WSL lost a few fights in the early days. That's how he gained his experience. If someone has never faced tough competition, they can't really learn or improve much.

Also, WSL didn't create the VT fighting system, and it is always the fighter who fights. The illustrious or legendary fighting prowesses of those who have gone before us don't improve our skills.

Whether someone in our lineage won all fights, lost all fights, or won some and lost some, it is still up to us to train hard and fight hard. No one else is gonna be in there throwing punches for us.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    The only source for this event that allegedly took place in 1957 is a book about Bruce Lee written 41 years after the event, and after WSL's death.

There is no record of the event, much less any match results, to be found anywhere on the Chinese internet.

Whereas, there are many unbiased eyewitness accounts, including from heads of other WC lineages, of WSL's many successful fights, most of which ended within three moves.

However, all that said, unlike some hero-worshippers who want to claim he had an undefeated career, I am not at all worried that WSL lost a few fights in the early days. That's how he gained his experience. If someone has never faced tough competition, they can't really learn or improve much.

Also, WSL didn't create the VT fighting system, and it is always the fighter who fights. The illustrious or legendary fighting prowesses of those who have gone before us don't improve our skills.

Whether someone in our lineage won all fights, lost all fights, or won some and lost some, it is still up to us to train hard and fight hard. No one else is gonna be in there throwing punches for us.
    I've never held it against him. No fighter that wasn't facing only bums never lost. (Bad grammar).

I posit that yin yang...as it is recgnised.does not egsist.its exmple... unreal

yin yang is shaped like a beetle

I posit that yin yang...as it is recgnised.does not egsist.its exmple... unreal

Dude...put the bottle down and walk away from the keyboard. Your typing/spelling skills are in need of upgrading.

yin yang is shaped like a beetle
    Name:  at.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  36.9 KB

WTF are you trying to type???