Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Panther

Lucas,

Are you adding to my suggestion of Brad Pitt? By having Wesley Snipes play the father? That would WORK MAJOR!!!

mickey

I vote Idris Elba.

MJW is my choice for Luke Cage. And he wouodn't need his martial arts for that.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Lucas,

Are you adding to my suggestion of Brad Pitt? By having Wesley Snipes play the father? That would WORK MAJOR!!!

mickey
    Well i was just saying in general. I could see brad pitt working, but personally I'd like to see a black actor in this role. it would be tricky since the panther is actually African..
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Greetings,

I did notice the hushed silence at the mention of Brad Pitt on this thread. HILARIOUS!!

Michael Jai White is no Luke Cage. It would never work. The person that could have pulled that off was Lee Haney in his prime. He had the look all the way down to his toes.

Michael Jai White should get the part of The Black Panther. He really has the ability.

mickey

Greetings,

I did notice the hushed silence at the mention of Brad Pitt on this thread. HILARIOUS!!

Michael Jai White is no Luke Cage. It would never work. The person that could have pulled that off was Lee Haney in his prime. He had the look all the way down to his toes.

Michael Jai White should get the part of The Black Panther. He really has the ability.

mickey
    as far as brad pitt and superheros though, i always thought he would have been the perfect daredevil....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Anybody would have been better than Ben ASSfleck
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Anybody would have been better than Ben ASSfleck
    lol!!! too true

Greetings,

Brad Pitt for Daredevil would have worked very well.

He would have made a very good Johnny Storm.

When it came to Captain America, I thought Neil McDonough should have gotten the part. When I saw him in the Captain America movie, I was going "He's supposed to be the star of this picture!!!" I hope he gets his day with the world of Marvel. He has the superhero look.

mickey

Greetings,

mickey
    What era Luke Cage are you talking about here?

70s? Black Dynamite says otherwise.

2000s? MJW is perfect.

The only other option, IMO, is Terry Crews.

Now who do we get for Danny Rand...

I want Heroes For Hire the TV series.

ryan phillippe for iron fist i think is one of several good choices

Hi Zenshiite,

70's era Luke Cage.

Michael Jai White does not look tall enough for that character.

I would prefer a seriously animated cartoon of Luke Cage with Keith David as the voice.

mickey

ok no brad pitt..thats just stupid..plus pit dont do superhero movies.. lol.. at least not live action.

mjw...nobody knows him...you gotta think they want an actor who sells foreign and every marvel movie opens up across seas first because they sell the foreign market... jamie foxx and idris elba are both black actors who sell foreign..idris also has the benefit of kevin feige (marvels head honcho) really liking him... even thoy he is heimdal but whatever...itll be jamie..jamie will do it...he is the bigger actor and after django he might be getting another oscar nod(probably making him the most nominated black actor ) jamie looks like reggie hudlins t'challa...as for tchaka... djimon honsou or it aint happening. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    ryan phillippe for iron fist i think is one of several good choices
    Iron Fist is a tough one because he always had the potential to be badass but was never written well enough.
    The exception is maybe the Immortal Iron Fist series but even then there was something that wasn't "up to potential".
    Maybe it's just me...
    When I think iron fist I think Gary Daniels in fist of the north star...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    as for tchaka... djimon honsou or it aint happening. lol
    ok good call

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Iron Fist is a tough one because he always had the potential to be badass but was never written well enough.
    The exception is maybe the Immortal Iron Fist series but even then there was something that wasn't "up to potential".
    Maybe it's just me...
    When I think iron fist I think Gary Daniels in fist of the north star...
    ya i tend to agree that iron fist could have had a way bigger presence. i did enjoy the immortal iron fist series though. i liked seeing the incarnations of the iron fist.

lol @ fist of the north star and gary daniels!! now thats oldschool. one of my favorite anime too