Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Panther

Greetings,

I did think about Jamie Foxx early on. And then I thought one better: Eddie Murphy. Though Eddie Murphy he has the ability, I do not think he can really rock it.

And Brad Pitt was not a bad idea. It was sheer genius. If we are to roll like that, then Kerry Washington should never have been cast as Alice in the Fantastic Four. The Marvel Universe has such a cross cultural appeal that it would not seem farfetched to see a person "of color" portray Dr Strange, Black Bolt, or even The Vision. I could see Jet Lee as Sub Mariner and just as easily see someone looking like Michael jordan playing that same character. I guess it is what you are willing to open up to. That being said, it still upsets my maypo to see Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

I did think about Jamie Foxx early on. And then I thought one better: Eddie Murphy. Though Eddie Murphy he has the ability, I do not think he can really rock it.

And Brad Pitt was not a bad idea. It was sheer genius. If we are to roll like that, then Kerry Washington should never have been cast as Alice in the Fantastic Four. The Marvel Universe has such a cross cultural appeal that it would not seem farfetched to see a person "of color" portray Dr Strange, Black Bolt, or even The Vision. I could see Jet Lee as Sub Mariner and just as easily see someone looking like Michael jordan playing that same character. I guess it is what you are willing to open up to. That being said, it still upsets my maypo to see Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury.

mickey
    dude why are you trolling? we're trying to have a serious discussion here as this movie is happening...be serious.

Hi doug maverick,

I was not trolling. But if you need to classify my comments a a means to maintain control, it is your choice. Is there something wrong with Jet Li as Sub Mariner? I think not.

I will leave this thread and give you the control you need. But if I read any lip from you, I will be back. My exit is peaceful.

Take Care,

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Hi doug maverick,

I was not trolling. But if you need to classify my comments a a means to maintain control, it is your choice. Is there something wrong with Jet Li as Sub Mariner? I think not.

I will leave this thread and give you the control you need. But if I read any lip from you, I will be back. My exit is peaceful.

Take Care,

mickey
    deuces... and i wasnt talking about that comment...eddy murphy as black panther? come on thats an obvious troll comment. jet li as submariner...i guess you can say that. can film the whole movie in china too. but this is about black panther...not sub mariner.

was thinking about this. im wodering if they are going to do tchalla's ascension to the throne, if they do the classic story thats going to require capt america, which i hope they stay away from. i'd like the panther to have all the attention here. they could even do a tchaka story or a post skrull story starring tchalla
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    was thinking about this. im wodering if they are going to do tchalla's ascension to the throne, if they do the classic story thats going to require capt america, which i hope they stay away from. i'd like the panther to have all the attention here. they could even do a tchaka story or a post skrull story starring tchalla
    they cant do skrulls...marvel doesnt own the rights to the skrulls...thats why they used the chitari...it was suppose to be the skrulls. also remember this is an avengers tie in...so ofcourse cap is gonna have a small role to play...

i hope they show t challa beat all the avengers... lol..thatll never happen.. black genius prince beating up all white american super heroes? theyll be rioting in the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    they cant do skrulls...marvel doesnt own the rights to the skrulls...thats why they used the chitari...it was suppose to be the skrulls. also remember this is an avengers tie in...so ofcourse cap is gonna have a small role to play...

i hope they show t challa beat all the avengers... lol..thatll never happen.. black genius prince beating up all white american super heroes? theyll be rioting in the streets.
    Tchalla beating the God of Thunder?
    Sweet Odin's Raven !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post

ah i didnt know that about the skrulls..that makes sense..i hope they at least show the scene when he first meets cap and cap is all thinking hes gonna take him down and then panther just royally owns him.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Its one heck of a plant, maybe its from Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Its one heck of a plant, maybe its from Colombia
    lol wtf are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    lol wtf are you talking about?
    If I recall, it was a plant that made Tchalla the black Panther, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    if i recall, it was a plant that made tchalla the black panther, yes?
    ohhh!!! :d i dont know!

not sure, though they have an annual test where the black panther has to fight all challengers who want to be the panther. if any can beat him they become the new panther.

the panther did defeat the fantastic four single handedly though.

ya ur right its a plant yo