Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Panther

black panther!!!

it hasnt been officially announced yet but i hear from a very good source(mark miller, writer for marvel comics, creator of kick ass and wanted) that black panther will be the next movie for marvel, which will ofcourse tie in to the next avengers film. right now people are speculating on the actor...i think there is a black panther cartoon thread...but ill ask gene if this one can stand alone, as it is about the movie and not cartoon. so who would you guys see as black panther? my picks are:

Idris Elba

Michael Jai white

chiwotel Ejiofor

i know peeps are gonna say djimon honsou...but at this point he and wesley snipes are both to old. djimon would play the dad perfectly...

Idris is my main choice because he has the most notoriety of the three...from his role in the wire, the hit uk tv show luther, and his upcoming role in prometheus, and not to mention thor(he could play heimdal and ch talla..lol) which means he is already in with marvel..makes him the best pick...and lets not forget his amazing range as an actor.

ive always been a fan of michael j white myself. i like his charisma, and he has a great 'ima mess you up' look. i was dissapointed with the production of spawn but i still think he did a good job playing the hero. and black dynamite was the bomb

im wondering if they will do the whole captain america, nazi/skrulls story line or if they'll freshen things up a bit...its obviously the easiest tie in to the avengers but at the same time its been done a lot with the cartoons.

what ever they do though, im pretty stoked to hear this, i always thought black panther was under rated. i kind of see him almost as marvel countepart to batman. minus the joker and the city and the sleuthing, but hes all ninja and has some sick equipment
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Michael Jai White has the martial arts pedigree, but he's already in his forties. That seems a bit too old for the part.

Honestly, i'm not a fan of the other two. I hope they can find someone younger and that is a decent actor.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Michael Jai White has the martial arts pedigree, but he's already in his forties. That seems a bit too old for the part.

Honestly, i'm not a fan of the other two. I hope they can find someone younger and that is a decent actor.
    you dont like idris elba? you never watched the wire? rocknrolla? the losers? or the series luthor? dude is a power house..and as for younger...mmmm...you got to remember that chtalla was in his 30s when he took throne... im not that interested in martial pedigree...i want to see talent...this is the first black superhero movie(cant really count blade...well i guess you can but black panther is one of the top tear) and it needs to be on par with the rest of the movies..and for that you need top level acting..look at iron man 1 not alot of action..but you were so mesmerized by robert downeys performance you didnt need it. we need that level of acting...and idris has it.

That's true, but Robert Downey Jr wasn't supposed to be a martial artist in Ironman. Although, I guess it doesn't matter since he is.

I see your point. They did a good job with something similar in Batman Begins.

I guess my point is that I just want it to be believable(in that context anyways). You're more of an expert on movies so i'll defer to your judgement. The point of a movie is for me to not question that what I am seeing is completely possible in the story, right?

If they can train a good actor to do believable fight scenes i'm all for it.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

That's a tough call.
    MJW would be the "natural" choice to be honest.
    BUT since I haven't seen Idris in anything other than Thor, I can't make that call.
    Still, I am glad they are doing this movie since BP is one of the coolest characters in Marvel.
    Now if they'd only do Moon Knight...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Greetings,

Michael Jai White has the overall ability to play the part of The Black Panther. Anybody else would simply be politics.

Tarzan-isms aside, there is someone else who can has the ability to play The Black Panther and he would COMPLETELY ROCK THAT ROLE. His name is BRAD PITT. I would actually pay money to see him do that. If they can have Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury, something that still upsets my maypo, they can get Brad Pitt to play The Black Panther.

mickey

More...

I could go with Chiwotel Ejiofor for The Black Panther only if Michael Jai White stunt doubled him. That collaboration would work incredibly well.

mickey

and have wesley snipes play tchaka!!!! i'd like to see the father to son transition.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Is Fred Williams still around?
    Or maybe Jim Kelly
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Is Fred Williams still around?
    Or maybe Jim Kelly
    neither would be a good choice...this is the first black superhero...oscar caliber actor or **** hollywood...its not about the **** martial arts i hate when people bring that up...he wasnt a kung fu master.

and now that i think about it....while not the best choice...jamie foxx is going to play T'challa. he sell foreign

ya i'd be down for jamie fox, hes got skills.

another thing to remember is mostly when panther fights he has the panther mask on so it would be very easy to stund double for any fight scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    you dont like idris elba? you never watched the wire? rocknrolla? the losers? or the series luthor? dude is a power house..and as for younger...mmmm...you got to remember that chtalla was in his 30s when he took throne... im not that interested in martial pedigree...i want to see talent...this is the first black superhero movie(cant really count blade...well i guess you can but black panther is one of the top tear) and it needs to be on par with the rest of the movies..and for that you need top level acting..look at iron man 1 not alot of action..but you were so mesmerized by robert downeys performance you didnt need it. we need that level of acting...and idris has it.
    So why can't you count Blade???? That series was awesome and Snipes was great before tax season. What about Spawn as well??? Michael J White did solid work there and I think you're overlooking the best black superhero movie of all time Cat Woman!!!!

Not to mention she played a pretty tasty Storm
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

i definately count blade as a great black superhero movie. i think doug is more meaning the first black super hero movie that is based around a pretty well known black character. blade was pretty obscure in terms of popularity as a whole until the movie came out. spawn of course was a pretty big name in its day, pretty much the poster boy for image comics...the movie, while i liked it, was not very successful.