Thread: VT ideas at longer range

Hybrid View

VT ideas at longer range

Having been motivated by the discussion on martial talk I thought I would post some clips containing some ideas

Enjoy:

First one from about 0.45

Second from about 0.17

Hard to imagine a viable striking art not addressing obvious ranges of standup fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Hard to imagine a viable striking art not addressing obvious ranges of standup fighting.
    Which makes it so odd that some people (most people!?) don't have any understanding of how VT works at longer range.

Why continue in VT if it doesn't work?

For example, from martial talk:

Quote Originally Posted by KPM
    As I've pointed out already, Wing Chun does not have a "long range game." It may have a strategy for getting from long range to its preferred close range, but this is not the same thing as having a "long range game." See the "Wing Chun Boxing" thread for more on that. And you really do need to have a good long range game to function well in a sparring setting.
    All KPM is admitting here is that he doesn't have functional VT as soon as he loses contact with his opponent, i.e. his VT is not functional in the slightest, since loss of contact is almost guaranteed in fighting. Throws a lot of light on various other arguments.

Hopefully those guys arguing on the other forum will be able to get some idea of the WSL VT approach in this thread. I think the well might be a bit poisoned on that forum?